Ratings for Dr. Shana K. Eborn

This "doctor" which I say hesitantly because I seriously thought I was being MTV pranked when I got her; is the worst. She was my first and only because I was having trouble finding a OBGYN that was still taking new patients. I just started having intercourse for the first time and my mother decided it was about time I go in and get checked. Yes, I know its a little late being 22 and not having been seen until now, I am quite aware. the basis of my check up besides getting on Birth Control was to get a pap smear which did not happen because she said it was unnecessary in fact she made more of a point to pressure me and verbally argue with me to get the flu shot and the Human Papilloma virus than informing me of the types of Birth Control, Side effects and how it all works etc. At no point did she educate me which makes me glad that I read the paperwork that came with the pills. My disappointment that she tried to intimidate me and had also intimidated my mother who was her patient but is now too scared to go back is so great that yes I put "Doctor" in quotes. Even the worst Instant-care doctor that I've dealt with in my many visits to the to Intermountain Healthcare for various reasons can still be called a actual Doctor compared to her. She was judgmental and would push any conventional medicine on you if the label said so. Go to her armed with your questions written down so you don't forget in the throws of verbal defense. Be prepared to want to walk out in the middle of the visit and the beginning. Even the Nurse agreed with me when I explained the "Doctor" not only intimidated me but tried to inforce her ideas with no factual proof to back it up. BE Warned!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

No surprise to see so many had the same feeling about her. She seemed cool and no feeling as a female OBGYN doctor. Not helpful and not friendly. After one visit, I decide not to go back to her...

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Always nice and on time. Direct and to the point, thorough.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

I always found Dr. Eborn friendly, but I'm not sure she knows how to handle a patient who has a miscarriage, especially if there are any complications. In my follow up appointment, she decided that it sounded like the fetus had passed and said that I should come back when I'm pregnant again. A month later I went to the ER with major bleeding (filling a pad every five minutes). I went in for a follow up visit and this time she said she'd never heard of anything like that happening before and again that I should come back when I'm pregnant. I haven't been back since. Three months after that I had another major bleeding episode that landed me back in the ER and I did finally pass the fetus. At that point I found a doctor who actually listened to me and ordered tests to make sure everything was OK.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

This doctor did not listen when I described symptoms. This doctor did no testing on symptoms until I demanded she do so. This doctor misdiagnosed me and then realized it when the test results came back negative. This doctor wanted to prescribe medications inappropriate for me. This doctor now wants me to pay again for a doctor visit to do the testing I asked of her in the first place that she declined to do. I rated her low because I want doctors to listen to their patients and give them the consideration required to work together for a healthy society. I was extremely disappointed with the service I received.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2009

We had a miscarriage and don't recall her even saying sorry. She just went through it like a procedure. Was never prescribed any pain medicine and had to go to the ER due to some complications. She was paged through the ER and never called back. When I started to miscarry and had some bleeding I called the office and the nurse got back to me hours later saying the Dr. didn't think it was anything. When I went in a few days later she acted like she kniew nothing of the call and was almost certain that it was a MC. I would not go to this Dr. I am pregnant again and going to Western OBGYN. They are great and always call back and listen to your concerns.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

I am struggling with so many issues, so I am not sure Dr. Eborn is getting the whole picture. I would appreciate more time and willingness to listen to what i am dealng with.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

She was the on-call doctor after-hours for our regular pediatrician and left the clinic while we were waiting for lab results. Then the nurse was unable to reach her right away. Instead of sending us to the children's hospital, she sent us with our 4-day old son back to the hospital where we delivered him, although they don't admit children there. It was a terrible experience.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2008

Dr. Shana K. Eborn's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Workers Comp