Ratings for Dr. James O'Doherty

Excellent doctor, knowledgeable and compassionate.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I couldn't ask for a better psychiatrist. Everything about his demeanor made me love him from the very beginning and it never changed. I only got to see him for a short time but he was a great help regardless. Seeing him was something I looked forward to.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I had this psychiatrist awhile back, and I found him to be one of the best in his field. He is compassionate, intelligent, and funny. It was a delight being his patient.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I was referred to him by a social worker. He was excellent, much better to me then I deserved as I wasn't easy to deal with. He was caring, patient and kind. It's only after I began feeling better that I recognized how difficult I was. I will always suffer from depression but he was wonderful.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

He is a kind and compassionate doctor, with great attention to detail. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

He is one of the best doctors I have ever visited! He was very compassionate, kind, patient and went above and beyond to help me! He even completed the paper I needed in a kind and respectful way. He made me feel at ease and really listened to my concerns before making any diagnosis. His staff was wonderful too! I would highlt recommend Dr. O'Doherty to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2014

He is the only Doctor who took the time to listen. I was stressed to the breaking point and ended up having a massive heart attack. I was on the brink of suicide when finally I got a psychiatrist who cared. He and his staff saved me. I would like to give a heartfelt thank you to them. They are the best and can honestly say I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Went to him after a suicide attempt. He was fantastic, listened to everything I said and took lots of notes. He gave me a diagnosis, and proceeded to show me medical literature about it and ask if I agreed with the diagnosis. I found him to be kind and caring and extremely knowledgeable. He was diligent about keeping up to date on my bloodwork to ensure I had proper levels of medication.I would recommend him to anyone who needs help. I only wish that I still had access to his services, I can't find another dr. like him.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

Late, over 20 minutes. No one in his office prior to me, did not apologize, said he was reading my exhaustive file. In 20 minutes took out triplicate prescription pad and prescribed one major tranquilizer and was insisting on a second which I refused. My pharmacist was shocked and highly cautioned me. When I saw my family doctor he was in total disagreement and told me not to take the medication. Very poor interpersonal skills, too quick to judge and label.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

I had the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor, when seeing Dr. O'Doherty. He met me for 5 minutes and proclaimed I had bi-polar, and my mania was masking as anxiety. He prescribed a multitude of drugs including lithium. I didn't respond to the medications (wrong diagnosis), and gained an awful lot of weight that I am still trying to get off. His staff agreed that I needed a new dr., I wouldn't heal while under his care. I found a dr. who took me off all the extra meds, gave me a regular dose of antidepressants and I was better in a couple of months.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013