Ratings for Dr. Barbara Caffery

I have been seeing Dr. Caffery for over 15 years and she is spectacular. Best optometrist in the city.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

If you have dry eyes, see Dr. Caffery. She is that rare and wonderful combo of people person - always upbeat, and empathetic - and an expert in her field. She often does studies to advance medical knowledge, yet has all the time in the world for her patients.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

By far one of the best in the city. She is very informative and knowledgeable. I no longer live in the city but have referred many people to her, and still suggest to people where I live it is worth the drive to Toronto to see her.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I've been seeing her since middle school and she is a spectacular eye doctor. She is so kind, interseting, and helpful that I even thought I wanted to be an optometrist (despite the fact that I'm terrible at science) just to be more like her. She's quick and punctual, always in a good mood, and gives you all the facts in a clear way (i.e. doesn't dumb it down for patients) so that you leave feeling like you have a strong understanding of your current eye health. I'd recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Caffery for many years for eye examinations for my Keratoconus. She has always been a pleasure to deal with, and is highly proficient in the prescribing of my lenses; every pair of lens ordered through her has fitted perfectly first time.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Dr. Caffery was recommended to me as a specialist within the practice at Toronto Eye-care. I was having issues with extreme dry eye and after seeing a couple of other specialists who hurriedly rushed me out of their offices, while dismissively telling me I could never wear contact lenses again due to a condition called "Blepheritis" I sought another opinion- and boy am I glad that I did. Dr Caffery was very patient, knowledgeable, warm and friendly. She has made it her personal mission to assure me that my condition was nowhere near as bad as I initially was told. She conducted a series of extensive eye tests on me to find a solution and game plan. Dr Caffery has gone above and beyond to seek out the right brand and prescription of contact lenses for me so that I can wear them longer and more comfortably. She is always personable and caring and makes sure to pose the right questions to ensure the best and most accurate results. By far, one of the best doctors and specialists I have ever seen, for any condition.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013