Ratings for Dr. Sean Shapiro

Was referred here by a friend, must say it was a fantastic experience beginning to end. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Best chiropractic treatment I've received to date. I now live in Ontario and have yet to find a doctor that is as attentive and thorough as Dr. Shapiro. Because I am from out of town he always sends me off with a list of various stretches and exercises to aide in my treatment as I cannot visit his office as frequently as I would like to. All staff are extremely friendly and attentive every time I visit, I make sure I book an appointment each time I am home for a visit.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Fantastic experience. First time visiting the office and immediately all staff made me feel very welcome. Chiropractic treatments are new to me and Dr. Shapiro made sure I knew exactly what the treatment plan was and why it was the best option for my well being. He was able to explain everything in terms I was able to understand which further put me at ease for my first chiropractic visit. I will definitely be back.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Unpleasant experiences. He didnt care about side effect after his tx, acupunture. Unprofessional. No recommendation to anybody

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I saw Dr Shapiro when I was visiting family. I pulled my neck, and my sister, grandmother and most of my family see him regularly. He was very gentle and easy to talk to. He explained things in a way I could understand. I read a post on here that he believes in preventing future problems- and that person thought that made him awful? I think that's brilliant. He really showed me so many things I can change to prevent this from happening and again and explained why regular adjustments will help.. I am now seeing someone great near me thanks to Dr Shapiro... Highly Recommend!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

He's the best chiro that I've ever seen. I've been going to him since he opened his Taylor office. Always listens to everything (and cringes when I tell him that I crack my back when it's sore) and is super helpful. My husband was diagnosed with something by another doctor (unrelated to chiro, but in his back) and I was visibly upset, so Dr. Shapiro even went as far as to photocopy it out of one of his medical books and explain it to me so that I understood it. He always remembers me and my husband, our preferences and our issues, even without looking at the chart. He also opened his office to me on an off day because I had a neck problem. I always walk out feeling 100% better.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

Emotional blackmail!Emotional blackmail! He told me that if I cared about my health I would follow his plan (that he derived after a thorough examination with hi-tech equipment and x-rays) for many visits over the next few months.... and pre-pay for them today! I left in tears and went straight back to my previous (highly rated) chiropractor who confirmed that I needed only a few appointments to get me feeling great again. Even if you don’t feel out of alignment Dr. Shapiro will gladly take your money to make a slight adjustment. The thing is, he really believes that he is ‘preventing’ a future issue or discovering a problem that would have soon emerged: Hello?! You are a chiropractor, if I am out of alignment in such a way that it effects my functioning; re-align me. If Sean wanted to be a naturopath or GP he should not have become a chiropractor. I see him on TV and in the paper; he gives good advice: that leads to people going to see him and then the emotional blackmail happens.

Submitted August 10, 2012