Ratings for Dr. J O'Doherty

He knows his stuff, he listens well, his compassion is genuine. I know he has my best interest at heart and he cares that I do much more for my mental health than just medications. He advocates for therapy, sunshine, exercise - not just the meds, though he is a wizard with combinations and dosing. He insists on follow ups until you both agree you're on the right track. I rate him 10 out of 5 stars.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2019

This doctor was so helpful and he knows his stuff!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2018

Dr O'Doherty saved my life! I was in the depths of my depression and he was very thorough in finding out more about my illness so that he could properly diagnose, as I had already been misdiagnosed by another psychiatrist and was on medication that was actually making me worse. He was very thoughtful and thorough in the prescriptions he gave me, and also diagnosed me as having ADD. Having now researched it, it absolutely is the right diagnosis, and this has been proven by the effectiveness of the medication he has prescribed for me. He is very thorough in his follow up and ensuring the dosages are correct based on how you are feeling going forward. He really really cares! He told me when I first met him that he had a million tricks up his sleeve and together we were going to find something that worked and got me feeling better. He is a wonderful doctor. He also recommended some counselling & CBT courses offered by the Guelph Family Health Team that I could attend free of charge. Today I am right back to my true self, and actually feel better than I have in my entire life!....and I truly owe it all to Dr. O'Doherty.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

Knows his meds but quick with switches. No follow-up appointments unless you insist. Far more interested in how the meds were doing than how I was doing. One wrong med put me in hospital isolation for a week with extreme viral symptoms.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

I went through a lot of hard things and he listened really well and shared his opinions, I already had medication and he was very help in me understanding what it does to me.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I think Dr. O'Doherty was great, he helped me through some very hard times and a difficult diagnosis. He was very kind a patient and I don't know if I would have done as well with another psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Very intelligent man, good listener. It's really hard for me to find the right medication, as I react terribly to most. He has tried his best and found a good solution to my problems. I hate most psychs but this guy is really kind and wise.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Dr. Odoherty is really nice and kind. And he is very punctual in his time. He always listen to the problem with proper time and I really appreciate his concern to their patients

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Takes the time to really listen to you. Always on time and has a great personality. Answers all my questions and or concerns and I never feel rushed.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015