Ratings for Dr. David Billings

This has got to be the worst doctor in Canada by far, I don't know why he was rated so good possibly from patients that work for bruce power whom he treats better? He doesn't really have a staff 1 person who answers the phone to book appointments for him, and when you get there it's not even Mr Billings there someone always covering for him. He doesn't really have any knowledge and can't explain things to you, he just wants to get you out of his office but when it comes to the hospital he will keep you waiting for hours on end while he flirts with the nurse's(does his wife know?)and watches sick patients line up out the door. He is supposed to be helping me(prefer not to say with what)and he just avoids me at all costs. He is always on vacation it seems. He was a good doctor before his accident but now I'm wondering if his accident did some brain damage. I went to his office one time and he ran out to his car and sped off like he is scared of me but he doesn't even know me because it's always someone else treating me. Southampton doctors are all a joke lately. Trying to switch doctors but I can't because I already have Billings and am not aloud for some weird reason according to his so called staff.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr Billings is a great doctor and provides l information necessary and explains everything very thorough during appointments. I enjoy that he brings in fresh doctors also as they have a lot of new knowledge. Thanks Dave!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Best doctor I have ever known. Bends over backwards to help in any situation. Caring, compassionate, trustworthy and extremely insightful. Gives you his full attention and time. His receptionist is wonderful as well.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

There are no words to describe how wonderful this doctor is. Knowledgeable, personal and compassionate. My husband and I are so lucky to have him as our Doctor! Shannon (his receptionist) is also great! Always friendly and helpful. Great team!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I received a letter this week from his office with the cost of doing business with him. I have found out that this is legal but it is certainly not morally right. I have been in the hospital and can not drive or go out until this medical device is off of me. So as I needed a renewal of my medication the pharmacist faxed the request for a renewal. And delivered it free. Today I received a bill for $17.00 for that renewal. That bill was billed even before I got the letter with the costs. When I do not need the Dr why should I have to go to his office to get it? So then he can bill OHIP for writing on a piece of paper. Never is my blood pressure take - no questions about anything - I just ask for a prescription - did you ever wonder why health care is so high? I was also told I could see his nurse and she could do the renewals - so even then I do not see the Dr - it is so I go in so OHIP can be billed. I am a senior and do not have a lot of money. I even have trouble paying the extra for drugs that the government does not pay - so now I guess the answer is - do not get my pills until I can drive to go to the Dr and get the pieces of paper. Also it is very hard to get an appointment at a time I can get there. He once told me that he did not believe in a two tier medical system - well I guess he has changed his mind and now has totally bought into the two tier system. I once believed in him but over that last few years his moral and ethics have changed - he is not the person he once was -- I wonder if he can look in the mirror and see the person so full of love and caring that arrived in Southampton not so many years ago

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Personable, through, attentive and caring. Takes time to talk to you and explain things. Great MD

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013