Ratings for Dr. Howard H. Kurtz

Super caring.his quick thinking ,superb clinical skills saved my babys life.my husband and i are eternally grateful to him. If you want the best,then go to him.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

He's beast ray t totally any Day of the week I do ray t exept

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

After telling us the visit was prenatal and performing all the blood tests, genetic tests, and sonograms, they proceeded to bill it as missed period so our insurance covered none of it. They continued to try and get us to have more, unnecessary tests and procedures, but after realizing he was just after more money and didn't care about us at all, we changed doctors. Felt like they were just shuffling us out of the office as fast as they could and made it seem like we were hassling them by just being there. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

I chose this practice because of another doctor (Dr. Stephanie), but ended up with Dr. Kurtz. It's been over a year since he attended my birth, and I still struggle with so many negative feelings towards this man. He ruined my labor and birth experience. Treated me like a number, like someone who was just occupying a bed. Rushed all the medical interventions on me when it was NOT necessary (epidural, Pitocin, broke my water) at 3 cm! when, my body was laboring perfectly on its own. Routine episiotomy without even telling me, he just said "I hope you didn't feel that" after cutting me. He has terrible bed side manner and makes you feel rushed. When I was ready to start pushing he said to me "hurry up, no one in here likes to be kept waiting", referring to himself and the rest of the staff. How dare he say that to a first time mom who is about to experience life's most wonderful moment?! Now that I am getting ready to have my second baby, I realize what a JERK this guy is and I would NEVER let him near me, my body, or my baby.

Submitted May 31, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Adler and Dr. Kurtz of NY Ob-GYN and left the practice. I should have left it much sooner! Both doctors were condescending and spent on average 5 minutes per visit. They never responded directly to my questions and when they asked questions, they did not bother waiting for answers. The office staff is inept and incredibly rude. They misplaced a copy of my genetic testing, and as a result some expensive tests had to be repeated unnecessarily. Further, Dr. Kurtz in particular has a tendency to insist on unnecessary testing (some of which is invasive) without waiting for the results of noninvasive screening. After I left the practice the practice charged a portion of the final amount to my credit card without sending me a bill or explanation first. After I contacted my credit card to dispute the charge, the practice manager proceeded to call me and was incredibly rude instead of being apologetic. Patient's rights mean nothing to this practice!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

awesome doctor.had very high risk delivery that could have been stressful with any other doctor.he was so calm that i never panicked at all.he saved my uterus and probably life and i have 3 other wonderful kids thanks to him.if u have a problem i recommend him over anyone else.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

very knowledgeable and kind. Also exteremly patient with my questions and gives answers to its fullest that satisfy my questions

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010

While Dr Kurtz is knowledgeable, he is not knowledgeable enough for high risk pregnancies - was not familiar with research in the area. His office also didn't call to tell me about really bad test results I got, and only after I called 3 days after they got it I found out. He also seems to have a short attention span and rushes you if you start to ask questions. Dr. Bone from that office is nicer. They also always make patients wait anywhere between 20 min to an hour to get in, and their staff- some of them are nice, but some are impatient and also make mistakes (e.g. told me to schedule an exam when they were supposed to do it for me)

flag | Submitted December 26, 2009

The doctor delivered my baby and in the middle of the delivery he left me with my husband and a nurse to make a phone call. RN was shocked that he left us alone.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

i absolutely LOVE dr kurtz! he delivered my first child and now since i had to change my ins. i cant see him anymore but he is wonderful! warm caring and always willing to listen and re-assure you!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

Dr. Howard H. Kurtz's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1994)

HealthPartners