Dr. Ly T. Mar

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ly T. Mar

Wonderful experience! I never thought my daughter would find a dental professional she actually wanted to go see. Her braces were completely hidden for her grad pictures, her teeth already showing great improvement and now when she smiles, she really SMILES! Thank you Dr Mar

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Very organized and puncutal office. Staff very friendly and helpful

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

I went to Dr.Mar for my braces.Dr.Mar helped me to choose which braces that were best for me for my budget and a payment plan.I was very happy with the outcome.My teeth feel great.Excellent all the way. Joann W

flag | Submitted August 25, 2012

My daughter and I were treated by Dr. Mar at the same time and we are both absolutely thrilled with our new smiles! Dr. Mar is professional, knowledgeable, punctual and caring. The office staff provides the highest level of customer service and is always friendly. Dr. Mar even called me at home one evening to ensure my adjustment was correct and I was comfortable. We HIGHLY recommend Dr. Mar - our smiles are perfect!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

I enjoyed having my orthodontic work done at Dr Mar. He is VERY knowledgeble as is his staff. It is a busy practice but it appears they do there best to stay on time. I was able to book appts most times within the time frame that worked for me. The only suggestion I might make that Dr Mar take the time to explain what is happening and why at each appt. It is important to me and I am sure to most patients that he take a little more time with his patients. Overall I am thrilled with my results.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

I found it amusing that negative comments had been deleted from Dr. Mars review page. I'm assuming people were using too many well deserved swear words. My personal experience with my own children was terrible. Rude staff and I felt very uncomfortable with Dr. Mar. I won't recommend his services and won't be returning.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

Terrible experience in this office. I thought it seemed ok when I started out, but the more time I spent there, the more uncomfortable I felt and I lost all confidence in Dr. Mar's ability. My treatment took twice as long as he said, and I was still not happy with the end result. Also there was a strance lady who was some king od nursing consultant often just watching throughout my appointments. It was unprofessional and felt awkward. Don't waste your time in this office!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

wWen I went to Dr. Mar, I didn't find him to be the most helpful of doctors. I felt like he was lost in another world during my consultation. He had two staff members with him during what I thought should have been a private consult and yet the one lady who was there seemed like the office manager because she didn't have any dental experience but yet seemed to have an opinion of which techniques/treatments would be good for me. Upon my second visit I asked the front staff about this particular woman and was told that she is a health/wellness consultant and not a dental professional. For Dr. Mar to even allow her to be in my consultations was very unprofessional. He needs to seriously re-evaluate who he employs. Dr. Mar also has a high turn-a-round of staff as they are not employed for more than a month or two. This office environment seemed very uncomfortable, and I could tell no harmony existed at all.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

Dr. Ly T. Mar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ly T. Mar has over ten years of experience in lingual orthodontics (hidden braces). He strives to provide individualized lingual orthodontic treatment to adults and adolescents on a daily basis. Dr. Mar graduated from the Faculté de Médecine Dentaire (Faculty of Dental Medicine) at the Université de Montréal in 1999. In 2001, Dr. Mar started his orthodontic specialty education in lingual orthodontics, which he completed in 2002. He attended the Graduate Orthodontic Residency program at Harvard University in 2003. He obtained a Master’s Degree in Dental Sciences at the University of Montréal in 2004. Immediately following his convocation, Dr. Mar was awarded a Fellowship from the College of Dentists of Canada in the specialty of Orthodontics and Dental Facial Orthopedics. Dr. Mar moved to Edmonton in 2004 to take over his newly acquired orthodontic practice in St. Albert. He is celebrating the tenth anniversary of Mar Orthodontics this year. Dr. Mar is fluent in English, French and Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese).

• English
  • French
  • Chinese
  • Mandarin
  • Cantonese

• Universite de Montreal (Grad. 1999)
  • Harvard University (Grad. 2003)

• Dental braces