Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ly T. Mar

Incredibly pleased with my orthodontic experience. Dr. Mar and all the staff at Mar Orthodontics are very warm, knowledgeable, and attentive. I had lingual braces and my smile has been completely transformed. I really appreciate that they consult with you at every step of the way to ensure that you are satisfied with your treatment plan. Would highly recommend Mar Orthodontics. Merci pour mon sourire Dr. Mar!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
Thank you for your kind review. I am touched by your comment that you were consulted at every step of your treatment. It is very important to us that the patient be actively involved and feel their comments are taken to heart. I am so glad you are enjoying your new smile. Best wishes in your future endeavours. Respectfully, Dr. Ly T Mar.

Submitted April 13, 2017

I’m very impressed with results and service that I received at Mar Orthodontics. I didn’t think that at my age that I could have such beautiful teeth! Thanks to Dr. Mar’s expertise and hands on approach he made my smile amazing. I had the Lingual (Hidden) Braces people didn’t even know that I had them. I only told my close friends and they noticed the changes in my teeth, and how quickly it happened. The staff is excellent at what they do and more that willing to answer any questions that you may have. I mostly had Marie and Kayla who both were friendly and polite and really know their jobs. It was really convenient for me to have my appointments at the Sherwood Park location as I live on the very south side of Edmonton. Thank you so much, it was the best decision I ever made! I would and I do recommend Mar Orthodontics to everyone!!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
Hi Linda, Thank you for your kind remarks. We are so glad you are enjoying the results and we know that you will for many days to come! First class customer service is the foundation of our practice and we are extremely happy that you felt cared for. Continue to enjoy your new smile. Sincerely, Dr. Mar.

Submitted March 21, 2017

Not impressed...feel like I'm stuck having to finish my daughter's treatment. Would not recommend this office!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
Thank you for your feedback. Dr. Mar would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about this as it’s our mission to ensure that every patient enjoys their orthodontic experience and celebrates it! Would you mind contacting Dr. Mar about this? He would like to problem solve this issue promptly for you.

Submitted February 22, 2017

Dr. Mar has been our orthodontist since the passing of Dr. Boychuck and has overseen the treatment of 3 of our children. We have been very pleased with the excellent results achieved. Dr. Mar implemented new technologies and treatments over the years and was always willing to discuss any concerns we had. We would recommend Dr. Mar to anyone needing the services of an orthodontist.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

We started off having pretty good service. We have been with Mar for years and things have been getting from good to bad. I cannot get into details right now because I am hoping things will turn around for my teen soon. I find since they moved to the new space the reception have been less friendly and I have found Mar condescending when I speak to him about our teens progress. I will change this review if things turn around but we are not happy with his professionalism at this point.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
Thank you for sharing your feelings. We are sorry that you feel that our service has changed in our new St. Albert location. Certainly we know that moves can be challenging, but we don't want to minimize your concern. Please continue to evaluate our service in your future visits as I'm sure you will experience our great customer service once again. I welcome you to talk to me personally about this at anytime. Respectfully, Dr. Ly T. Mar

Submitted December 15, 2016

Dr. Mar has transformed my smile!!! I have lingual braces and I had so many issues with my teeth, I had one tooth that was a half an inch back and another tooth that was completely crooked. In 7 months and only a small way into my treatment, I can smile again and my teeth are straight!!! I look in the mirror and I am so happy with my results. Dr. Mar was so patient with me and was so knowledgable in the area of orthodontics. Best decision I made was called MAR ORTHODONTICS and book a consultation!!!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

amazing! Doctor Mar and his team were awesome. He provides exceptional treatment! Very knowledgable and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

After the unfortunate passing of Dr Boychuk, my care was taken over by Dr. Mar. I can't begin to express how helpful Dr. Mar has been, with suggesting lingual braces and going above and beyond what a health care professional does. Dr. Mar and his staff have been nothing but professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. You really feel like you're more than a patient number there, I highly recommend Dr. Mar and his team!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

My daughter's orthodontic experience with Dr. Mar and his team was excellent. We were pleased with the friendliness, punctuality, and knowledge of all the staff. My daughter's new smile looks wonderful!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

We have been with Dr. Mar for many years. Dr. Mar never stopped believing in helping my daughter get beautiful teeth. He was always encouraging and patient. He never gave up and kept trying different things to get her teeth to where they were suppose to be. We really appreciate everything he did for us. My daughter feels great about herself and she was very fortunate to have someone like Dr. Mar as her Orthodontist. I would also like to comment on the excellent team he has working with him. All the staff was very kind and accomodating. they were always welcoming and called us by name. I would recommend Mar Orthodontics to everyone.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. Ly T. Mar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ly T. Mar has over ten years of experience in lingual orthodontics (hidden braces). He strives to provide individualized lingual orthodontic treatment to adults and adolescents on a daily basis. Dr. Mar graduated from the Faculté de Médecine Dentaire (Faculty of Dental Medicine) at the Université de Montréal in 1999. In 2001, Dr. Mar started his orthodontic specialty education in lingual orthodontics, which he completed in 2002. He attended the Graduate Orthodontic Residency program at Harvard University in 2003. He obtained a Master’s Degree in Dental Sciences at the University of Montréal in 2004. Immediately following his convocation, Dr. Mar was awarded a Fellowship from the College of Dentists of Canada in the specialty of Orthodontics and Dental Facial Orthopedics. Dr. Mar moved to Edmonton in 2004 to take over his newly acquired orthodontic practice in St. Albert. He is celebrating the tenth anniversary of Mar Orthodontics this year. Dr. Mar is fluent in English, French and Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese).

• English
  • French
  • Chinese
  • Mandarin
  • Cantonese

• Universite de Montreal (Grad. 1999)
  • Harvard University (Grad. 2003)

• Dental braces