Dr. Ly T. Mar

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ly T. Mar

Dr. Mar has been our orthodontist since the passing of Dr. Boychuck and has overseen the treatment of 3 of our children. We have been very pleased with the excellent results achieved. Dr. Mar implemented new technologies and treatments over the years and was always willing to discuss any concerns we had. We would recommend Dr. Mar to anyone needing the services of an orthodontist.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

We started off having pretty good service. We have been with Mar for years and things have been getting from good to bad. I cannot get into details right now because I am hoping things will turn around for my teen soon. I find since they moved to the new space the reception have been less friendly and I have found Mar condescending when I speak to him about our teens progress. I will change this review if things turn around but we are not happy with his professionalism at this point.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr. Ly T. Mar

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
Thank you for sharing your feelings. We are sorry that you feel that our service has changed in our new St. Albert location. Certainly we know that moves can be challenging, but we don't want to minimize your concern. Please continue to evaluate our service in your future visits as I'm sure you will experience our great customer service once again. I welcome you to talk to me personally about this at anytime. Respectfully, Dr. Ly T. Mar

Submitted December 15, 2016

Dr. Mar has transformed my smile!!! I have lingual braces and I had so many issues with my teeth, I had one tooth that was a half an inch back and another tooth that was completely crooked. In 7 months and only a small way into my treatment, I can smile again and my teeth are straight!!! I look in the mirror and I am so happy with my results. Dr. Mar was so patient with me and was so knowledgable in the area of orthodontics. Best decision I made was called MAR ORTHODONTICS and book a consultation!!!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

amazing! Doctor Mar and his team were awesome. He provides exceptional treatment! Very knowledgable and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

After the unfortunate passing of Dr Boychuk, my care was taken over by Dr. Mar. I can't begin to express how helpful Dr. Mar has been, with suggesting lingual braces and going above and beyond what a health care professional does. Dr. Mar and his staff have been nothing but professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. You really feel like you're more than a patient number there, I highly recommend Dr. Mar and his team!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

My daughter's orthodontic experience with Dr. Mar and his team was excellent. We were pleased with the friendliness, punctuality, and knowledge of all the staff. My daughter's new smile looks wonderful!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

We have been with Dr. Mar for many years. Dr. Mar never stopped believing in helping my daughter get beautiful teeth. He was always encouraging and patient. He never gave up and kept trying different things to get her teeth to where they were suppose to be. We really appreciate everything he did for us. My daughter feels great about herself and she was very fortunate to have someone like Dr. Mar as her Orthodontist. I would also like to comment on the excellent team he has working with him. All the staff was very kind and accomodating. they were always welcoming and called us by name. I would recommend Mar Orthodontics to everyone.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I began visiting Mar Orthodontics in 2011 to get my braces. I was very lucky to have Dr. Mar and his staff along the way. Everyone working there was kind and polite and I was welcomed with a smile at every visit. My teeth look completely different than they did 3 1/2 years ago! I would definitely recommend Mar Orthodontics to anyone. My experience there was great. A very big thank you to Dr. Mar and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

We moved to Canada about two years ago. My son had already started Orthodontic treatment in our previous country. Dr Mar came recommended to us by a few people. We found Dr Mar and all his staff to be very helpful and friendly. From our first consultation to the time my son’s braces were taken off, we have been very happy with Dr Mar’s practice. I highly recommend Dr Mar and his staff!!!!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Highly recommend Dr. Mar for your orthodontic needs! I had the lingual braces for just over 1.5 years and am so pleased with the results!! Dr. Mar's work history and extensive education speaks to his expertise. He is a very nice man - always patient and wants to ensure you are comfortable. He also has a phenomenal support team - all of the staff working with him are very friendly.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Ly T. Mar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ly T. Mar has over ten years of experience in lingual orthodontics (hidden braces). He strives to provide individualized lingual orthodontic treatment to adults and adolescents on a daily basis. Dr. Mar graduated from the Faculté de Médecine Dentaire (Faculty of Dental Medicine) at the Université de Montréal in 1999. In 2001, Dr. Mar started his orthodontic specialty education in lingual orthodontics, which he completed in 2002. He attended the Graduate Orthodontic Residency program at Harvard University in 2003. He obtained a Master’s Degree in Dental Sciences at the University of Montréal in 2004. Immediately following his convocation, Dr. Mar was awarded a Fellowship from the College of Dentists of Canada in the specialty of Orthodontics and Dental Facial Orthopedics. Dr. Mar moved to Edmonton in 2004 to take over his newly acquired orthodontic practice in St. Albert. He is celebrating the tenth anniversary of Mar Orthodontics this year. Dr. Mar is fluent in English, French and Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese).

• English
  • French
  • Chinese
  • Mandarin
  • Cantonese

• Universite de Montreal (Grad. 1999)
  • Harvard University (Grad. 2003)

• Dental braces