Ratings for Dr. Antonio Caycedo

Absolutely love this Dr. He is so helpfull The secretary on the other hand is very rude. Heaven forbid you ask a question

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Wonderful, highly skilled surgeon. Very impressed and forever grateful.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Caycedo saved my life. From the time of my initial consult, I felt confident in Dr. Caycedo's knowledge. He clearly provided me with the surgical options available for my diagnosis and once a decision was reached, his skills shone through. My type of surgery is only performed at 4 centres in Canada so we are very fortunate in northeastern Ontario to have Dr. Caycedo and his dedication to treating colorectal cancer and disease. To summarize, Dr. Caycedo is professional, caring, knowledgeable and has a specialized skill set for his speciality. I would not hesitate to recommend him should you be fortunate enough to be referred to him.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Caycedo is a gifted, caring and compassionate surgeon. We were blest to have him perform several complex surgeries on my wife during her cancer journey. He was always clear in explaining options and did his utmost each time. I can recommend him highly and without reservation.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I've had 3 surgeries done by him. At first I had a very large abscess in my colon. He removed the abscess fine, and all went as planned. At this point he was extremely good to my mother and I, informed us about everything, and really made sure we knew what was going on. I then needed another surgery a few months after to take tubes that were inserted out and make sure everything was healing properly. A few days before my surgery, the hospital called to tell me that it was cancelled and needed to be rescheduled. On my new surgery date, we waited in the hospital for nearly 6 hours before a nurse coming to tell me that he was cancelling the surgery. It was then rescheduled AGAIN, about a month later and finally got done. Around this time my mom and I were started to get annoyed, we weren't told anything about what was done in the surgery, the surgery date got changed twice, his secretaries were extremely rude and wouldn't tell us what happened in the surgery/what they found. My third surgery was to take out another tube (that's how large the abscess was - two tubes were needed to drain it) and still ensure everything was well. This went all as planned. But follow up appointments are where I'm at now and for appointment the nurses had to call him multiple times, he wasn't even at the hospital at the time of my appointment! Overall, he definitely knows what he is doing, and is a very good surgeon, just his timeliness, information and secretaries could all improve. I'm glad I don't need anymore surgeries for a while now.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I was so fortunate to have my surgery done by Dr. Caycedo. With his skills and experience, he saved me from a surgery that would have been much more invasive. Bedside manner was also excellent. He was kind, thorough and compassionate. He really put me at ease. I believe he saved my life and I'll be forever grateful.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Caycedo is an amazing surgeon and is very thorough with what he explains about hia operations. I will say that he really lacks in helping with healing and doesn't listen to symptoms and chaulks everyone up to be the same. He sent me home with no knowledge of how to heal and said do everyday things asap. This was all impossible. The after care should be much more thorough. (patient after colon cancer)

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

I was involved in a horrific motor vehicle accident on December 1st, 2013. I sustained multiple injuries with severe damage to the bowels and abdominal wall. I became septic and was given a 1% chance of survival. Other doctors had given up and asked my family to consider taking me off life support. Dr Caycedo was the surgeon who did not give up on me. He performed multiple complicated surgeries on my bowels despite their fragile state and incidences of septicemia. He continuously persevered and used an innovative method that pertained to my specific case and consequently saved my life. He was always positive and compassionate with my family when I was comatose and over the 6 months in the Sudbury hospital he was always positive, jovial, kind, caring and compassionate. I always felt safe and grateful that I was in his caring hands. He was my saviour! Six months later, he performed surgery to repair a fistula, an ileostomy and a colostomy in which he was successful after 10 hours of surgery. I am now leading a normal life and forever thankful to the amazing skills and dedication of Dr. Antonio Caycedo. Thank you Dr. Caycedo for being you! Connie Dupuis-Sigouin

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

An excellent doctor. And a very good man. During my colo rectol cancer surgery he got it all despite the fact the operation took 8 hours. He stayed with me and got all the cancer and for that I am forever grateful .

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

Dr. Caycedo is a gifted surgeon that has his patients emotional needs front and center. He puts your mind to rest, explains everything and is respected among his fellow doctors .He uses the newest methods in a clinical environment .I would advocate him to anyone

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016