Ratings for Dr. Antonio Caycedo

Worse experience ever with Dr. Caycedo. I recently had a Pilonidal cyst removed which I've been warned was literally a pain in the a** to heal. But his patient care was awful, his secretary very useless, very little aftercare provided, pre-op was awful. He denied infection when I was prescribed antiobiotics twice during the healing (from another MD). He couldn't remember my surgery and why the incision was so big and awkward (completely different from the incision he explained at my pre-op), during my post-op they removed stitches and forgot to take out 4 stitches. It was just an awful experience. I recently had surgery with Dr. Voki and she was 100x better than Dr. Caycedo.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

Thanks Dr Caycedo for the work you did on mei recovery better then I saw

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

Dr. Caycedo is without a doubt, the best bowel surgeon in Sudbury. I can confidently come to this conclusion through speaking with my health care team, other patients of his and through my own interactions with him. As a 27 year old being faced with Stage 3 colorectal cancer, the world all of a sudden looked bleak. Dr. Caycedo truly did his best to put the scary road ahead of me into understandable context while adding an optimistic tone to our conversations. I have had 2 surgeries with him and several colonoscopies and they have all gone very well. He was often courteous and kind throughout our interactions and always professional. Dr. Caycedo not only saved my life, but I truly felt as though he acted in my best interest throughout my care and showed compassion.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Absolutely love this Dr. He is so helpfull The secretary on the other hand is very rude. Heaven forbid you ask a question

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Wonderful, highly skilled surgeon. Very impressed and forever grateful.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Caycedo saved my life. From the time of my initial consult, I felt confident in Dr. Caycedo's knowledge. He clearly provided me with the surgical options available for my diagnosis and once a decision was reached, his skills shone through. My type of surgery is only performed at 4 centres in Canada so we are very fortunate in northeastern Ontario to have Dr. Caycedo and his dedication to treating colorectal cancer and disease. To summarize, Dr. Caycedo is professional, caring, knowledgeable and has a specialized skill set for his speciality. I would not hesitate to recommend him should you be fortunate enough to be referred to him.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Caycedo is a gifted, caring and compassionate surgeon. We were blest to have him perform several complex surgeries on my wife during her cancer journey. He was always clear in explaining options and did his utmost each time. I can recommend him highly and without reservation.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I've had 3 surgeries done by him. At first I had a very large abscess in my colon. He removed the abscess fine, and all went as planned. At this point he was extremely good to my mother and I, informed us about everything, and really made sure we knew what was going on. I then needed another surgery a few months after to take tubes that were inserted out and make sure everything was healing properly. A few days before my surgery, the hospital called to tell me that it was cancelled and needed to be rescheduled. On my new surgery date, we waited in the hospital for nearly 6 hours before a nurse coming to tell me that he was cancelling the surgery. It was then rescheduled AGAIN, about a month later and finally got done. Around this time my mom and I were started to get annoyed, we weren't told anything about what was done in the surgery, the surgery date got changed twice, his secretaries were extremely rude and wouldn't tell us what happened in the surgery/what they found. My third surgery was to take out another tube (that's how large the abscess was - two tubes were needed to drain it) and still ensure everything was well. This went all as planned. But follow up appointments are where I'm at now and for appointment the nurses had to call him multiple times, he wasn't even at the hospital at the time of my appointment! Overall, he definitely knows what he is doing, and is a very good surgeon, just his timeliness, information and secretaries could all improve. I'm glad I don't need anymore surgeries for a while now.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I was so fortunate to have my surgery done by Dr. Caycedo. With his skills and experience, he saved me from a surgery that would have been much more invasive. Bedside manner was also excellent. He was kind, thorough and compassionate. He really put me at ease. I believe he saved my life and I'll be forever grateful.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Caycedo is an amazing surgeon and is very thorough with what he explains about hia operations. I will say that he really lacks in helping with healing and doesn't listen to symptoms and chaulks everyone up to be the same. He sent me home with no knowledge of how to heal and said do everyday things asap. This was all impossible. The after care should be much more thorough. (patient after colon cancer)

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016