Ratings for Dr. Peggy Richter

After referring myself to CAMH, waiting 8 months, I answered an extensive range of questions about my hoarding. She said she couldn't help me and handed me over to clueless social worker(s). I had no faith in her or CAMH after that very unhelpful experience.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Poor excuse for an "expert" or even a doctor for that matter. Rude, insulting and conceited are just a few choice words for her. DO NOT see her!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Dr. Richter is a terrible doctor. She was consistently late, disorganized and doesn't understand how to properly prescribe medication or treat patients with OCD.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Peggy has been writing the only "positive" comments on this page for a long time now, she is not a competent psychiatrist. Refrain from seeing her for your own sake...

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Tragic that she is actually considered an expert in her field. Left field more like it.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

This "doctor" is a complete disaster. DO NOT SEE HER!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

This "doctor" is a complete disaster. DO NOT SEE HER!!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Not psychologically well herself. Wrote her own good review. Don't see her!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I don't usually do this sort of thing, but I have to say that the mental health situation in Ontario is abysmal, and Dr. Richter only adds to the problem rather than improving it. I would say her treatment of me borders on patient abandonment. I would lodge a complaint to the CPSO but these physicians are untouchable and it would be a total waste of time and energy. I saw her initially and we thought we got to the foundation of the issue, however after several months the placebo effect of the medication wore off and I was back to square one. My GP physician attempted several times to get me back in to see her. She has not returned his several e-mails or phone calls and I can't get a follow-up appointment. It seems that the only way to get any mental health care is to attempt suicide. I have a wife and family and would never want them to suffer from that, but they are the only thing keeping me here. Peggy in her "Ivory Tower" obviously couldn't care less.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

I have found Doctor Richter to be a wonderful, caring, compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. Dr. Richter has always tried her very best to help me. Whenever I have been in a crisis Dr. Richter has always found time in her very busy schedule to help me. I have seen numerous psychiatrists and other specialists since I was diagnosed with OCD when I was 16, (I am now in my 30's) none of the other specialists I have previously seen can compare to doctor Richter in both the knowledge that she has and her compassion . Yes, Dr. Richter is sometimes disorganised and can be late-but she is often late for good reasons- as she may be running behind because she has spent extra time with a patient who was in crisis. Dr. Richter has truly helped me to change my life. She has saved my life and helped me so much-I and my family will be forever grateful for all she has done and continues to do to help me reach my true potential.

Submitted July 21, 2015