Ratings for Dr. Michael I. Sobel

Dr. Sobel has an interesting and somewhat off-putting bedside manner. I feel he and his staff need to better prepare women beginning the whole fertility process for the procedures they will be performing, as they are so used to it they think of it as an everyday event. There is a definite mental/emotional aspect that they could be better at working with the patients through. He made efforts to follow up with patients when other doctors in the practice did not (anyone could you call with results it seems, not one doc assigned to your file like at other practices), which is something in his favor.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr. Sobel is very unprofessional! Keeps smiling and does not seem to listen to find out the problem. Performed camera test, which I believe infected me with herpes type 2 virus. I have been seeing infectious disease doctors since, who also think that the camera test was the reason for me contracting the virus. Would not recommend this doctor and the clinic all together. They do not care about your feelings and problems!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

I wouldn't recommend this clinic. While they were nice overall and seemed to care, getting information was like pulling teeth and trying to communicate with the nurses was difficult. The protocol is to leave a message with the nurse at your certain satellite office and wait for them to call back. More than once I had to call back & was told they never got the message. Also, my husband and I are over 40 with no known problems, except they told us that it was likely my old eggs. They recommended IVF using egg donor, which I went and did through their clinic. Dr. Sobel said I had a great chance for success (about 70%). If it didn't work the 1st time, it would work the 2nd time, he said. Well, it didn't work either time. After the 1st failure, he seemed to humor me through my myriad of questions and was defensive, all the while smiling. After my failed 2nd IVF, I had to call after 4pm to receive my test results which was upsetting, even though I already knew it wasn't good news.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Dr. Sobels office hours are great. His bedside manner is awful. After 5 months, 15 office visits, he still could not learn my name.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

Dr Sobel and his practice should be ashamed of themselves. My experience was horrible and i have serious questions about what happened to 12 embryos that were to be frozen...and then they didn't make it through the freeze (not a 1)??? Ohh then they didn't tell me this until 2 weeks later. Very shady. i would not recommend.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

I think he is nice though a little over the top in ego. I felt that he treated me more like there was something wrong in my head than in my body. He didn't really check anything but labs and said I was fine and sent me on my way. 2 months later, after being rushed to the ER, I'm pretty darn sure, he should have checked deeper.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2010

Long story short, after great stim response ("textbook") and scheduled for retrieval, after my hcg trigger I was pretty sure I ovulated earlier in the am of my retrieval...Bear in mind, the use of follicular stimulating meds is to produce multiple follicles. During a cycle with a poor response or over stimulation the normal protocol is to cancel... Despite the fact that I had indeed ovulated - as was confirmed AFTER I was put under for retrieval- he attempted to retrieve eggs that weren't there. There were two follicles left out of approx 20, that had not burst...And he did accomplish the retrieval of 1 single egg..after he "dug for it"? He told me he "flushed" my cavity looking for eggs. I was under the impression once a person ovulates, the cycle is cancelled. Anyone reading this, please, please, please be clear with your Dr. what his protocol is during this situation as the obvious was not so obvious to this Dr.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

I cannot say enough good things about Dr Sobel. After issues with infertility and other docs who wouldn't listen, Dr Sobel listened, operated, diagnosed and continues to be my doctor. Great listener, easy to speak with, values my thoughts and questions; even when the news isn't good, it's so much better to hear it from him and know that he will continue to help. I would highly recommend him and plan to be his patient for many years to come.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

I have been apatient of Dr.Sobel for 12 or more years.Look no further,a better Dr does not exist.After suffering for many years and and many Drs. Dr. Sobel immediatly found my problem and took care of it. He has since moved over an hour away and I still go to him. I would fly across the countr if i had to. He makes you feel so comfortable you think of him as a good friend.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

Dr.Sobel is the best dr. I have ever had :)I have been a patient of his for a few months and he takes the time to explain procedures and listen to whatever questions I have.I will never go to another ob/gyn or RE.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2008

Dr. Michael I. Sobel's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1984)

AHC