Ratings for Dr. Frederico Mattioli

I had Lasik here and it was just so incredibly painful. The healing was also quite tough with complete blindness for 36 hours after surgery. On one eye. I am still seeing streamers and glare. I dont think this is going to improve at this point. I am due for a correction to fix some issues but dont think I can stomach going back.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

I should have done more research before i had my surgery done. Surgery helped my sight for 9 months, then vision started to get worse. Went back for them to check to see what was wrong, and they told me it was dry eyes. Still had problems went to different Dr who told me that i had irregular astigmatism possibly due to the surgery. They told me that i shouldnt have had the procedure done. Now i have to wear special hybrid contacts that cost me an additional $700.00 and are very uncomfortable. If i was not a candidate they should have just told me. One of the biggest regrets of my life.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

Very poor. After examining me, Dr. Mattioli proceeded with the surgery without noticing that I had a eye muscle imbalance. My glasses, which his assistants measured, had to have a severe prism in them. The doctor completely missed this. As did all his lab techs and his associate Dr. EE Wang. As a result, I have been seeing double for distance for 9 months. When I finally went to another opthamologist for a second opinion, he was surprised that they even said I was a candidate for LASEK with my heavy prism. A serious miss of an obvious eye problem.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2007

Desperatly need to know something about this doctor. Only have appointment. Anybody?

flag | Submitted August 26, 2006