Ratings for Dr. A Salam

I recently moved to barrie and was referred to Dr. Salam. As a type 1 diabetic and a nurse practitioner I am confident in my approach to diabetes management. This doctor is why science based medicine receives such scrutiny. She has very little interest in patient care, loves to push medication and additive devices that provide her with a paycheck. I am so disgusted by this woman and her lack of knowledge and compassion. People come for advice and assessment not ridicule and judgement.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

I found Dr Salam to be excellent. She is passionate about her field and gives great advice and offers many resource's and worshops to deal with diabetes.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

The doctor asked me if I had any other problems since changing meds, I told her I am having near constant headaches and she told me snidely that was not a diagnosis but a symptom. She also told me "if your going to eat whatever and whenever you want you will not get better" My diet has been strict and followed well. While it is true that I do not hold a doctorate it does not mean that I should be treated with disdain. She seems to have a real problem with diabetics and people asking questions about their heath care. I thought the 1950's model of the doctor sitting on the edge of their desk telling the patient that it's all in their head and to just do what the doctor says without explanation or consultation was over. I have been to doctors since I was 5 and have had a number of surgerys but never have met a doctor less interested in their patients. This is the type of doctor that makes patients only go to see them in case of emergency not for long term care. "He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever."

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I had my second appt. with Dr. Salam today. I was referred to her because of rapid weight gain, excessive sweating, headaches. She ordered two tests at my first visit. They came back negative so I was told that I would be faxed a requisition for further tests. I waited three weeks and it didn't come. I phoned the office and they faxed another copy to me. Since these tests would take a two week period of time they would not have all of the results for my second appt. which was today. What a waste of time. Of course you see the assistant first. It was like she had never seen me before asking why I was there! Don't these people review your records before seeing you. After talking to me for about 10 minutes she said she was going to consult with Dr. Salam. A few minutes later she came back and told me there was nothing they could say to me today .... to come back in six weeks for the results of my tests. I asked her to email me the results which she should have next week. If they are negative I will not go back. I have the feeling they order one test at a time and tell you to come back in six weeks. On my first visit I met Dr. Salam and she spoke with me for about 5 minutes. She said if they couldn't find anything I should go back to my family Doctor. I am not impressed and extremely frustrated!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Horrid! told me the spots on my chest were a sign of aging. One year later and I am covered in these spots and have been diagnosed with a disease that is life threatening , causes organ damage, may cause severe internal bleeding that thanks to her was left untreated.Besides all of this, she is just about the rudest doctor I have ever met!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I will never go back nor refer this Doc to anyone. I have suffered with Hypothyroid disease for 34 years and when I went to see this Doc I was at the end of my rope. She regulated my meds but would not listen to my many concerns nor give my any answers to why I was still feeling the way I was, she actually told me to go see a psychiatrist and rushed me out the door.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Awful Dr. I was referred to her by my family doctor for my under-active thyroid. I, like the person who rated her above had issues with my thyroid and rapid weight gain. After going through blood tests and numerous visits to her office and she is a pill pusher. Her only answer to me is you need to loose weight. Duh! I know that!!! That's why I was there..something was wrong. She has NO bedside manner at all. NONE. She is rude and does not listen to what you are telling her. I was following a restricted diet and she was telling me I was overeating. Turns out...my thyroid and adrenals were fatiqued. She was useless! Dont bother wasting your time going to see her. She doesn't care. Will refer you back to see your family doctor because she doesn't want to deal with you anymore and will straight out tell you that. AWFUL!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Salam for not being able to loose weight - my caloric intake is low and I have a history of thyroid problems - her response was see a dietitian. After saying see a dietician - She said - you can leave now. I spent all of 3 mins in her office. I waited months to see her and burst into tears in her office to please help me - I didn't know what to do or where to turn. (gaining over 60 pounds in 3 months is NOT NORMAL!) OH MY GOD! Horrid person! I went back to my family dr. who gave me a referral to an actual endocrinologist who cares! She shouldn't even be practicing medicine she is so awful! Don't even waste your time! Thanks for absolutely nothing! I can't believe she ranks 5 out of 6 - there really can't be any person worse than her! She would never make it in medicine if we had to pay to see her - no one would see her twice! Do the drive out of Barrie - worth it!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

I was refer to Dr. Salam after my thyroidectomy (cancer) to control my medication. The staff is very nice but Dr. Salam is very arrogant and don't want to hear about anything about how you feel. No bedside manner and make you feel that there is nothing wrong with you. She is very quick to refer you back to your family doctor as soon that you mention that you are not feeling right. I wish there was another endocrinologist in Barrie.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Definatly a "fast food type" doctor.... She wants you to be in and out....

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014