Ratings for Dr. Patrick Wong

Definitely a step up from my original Psychiatrist by getting the correct diagnosis, but unfortunately I was over medicated. Put me on the correct drugs I believe though eventually. Just a little drug happy I believe.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2018

Thank God this incredibly dangerous and overdrugging psychiatrist is getting exposed. Misdiagnosis goes with the territory with Patrick Wong. Always get a second opinion (or two) if you ever encounter him.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

When i was 18 i suffered a very temporary bouts of teenage drug related paranoia as i was smoking Marijuana and my best friend and Uncle were dealing Large quantites of marijuana which i was a constantly witness too. My best friends Uncle was a member of the Rebels bikie gang. At this time i was only a constant witness and marijuana smoker. And yes i got paranoid about getting busted with marijuana. But this was a very real paranoia, not like the one depicted by Paranoid Schizophrenia. At 18 and half i was admitted to the then Scandalous Ward ten B which didnt help my paranoia as you can imagine i didnt want to get raped by Psychiatrists and Nurses upon entertainment ward ten B i was overdosed on clompromizine by the nurses because i couldnt sleep. Six male nurses and wardsmen tried to strap me to a bed, which i resisted and fought off. I was then told to shower and then was given some pyjama bottoms which already had human faeces on them. Later they overdosed me on more clompromizine clear liquid with big tumbler glasses. After that all i can remember is Dr Wong saying thats enough After that entry experience i was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia. So you be the judge. Since then i have never been paranoid or never ever heard voices. Was Dr Wong's diagnosis in 1993 in The Notorious Ward ten B correct. I have i simple been misdiagnosed and my character labelled wrongly and scarred for life. I believe this is an act of defamation of my character, nothing more, nothing less

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

I agree with the last post completely. My husband, who has been seeing Dr. Wong for aprrox three and a half years was completely broken and unable to work. He has now returned to work and is currently in a management position. It has been a long road to recovery but it happened because of Dr. Wong. He is a good man and an excellent psychiatrist. It is obvious to us that he does this job because of a genuine concern for people's well being and not for the money. I cannot thank him enough for gently leading my husband out of the darkness. And God bless Cathy his receptionist. She is the sweetest, kindest most helpful lady you could ever meet.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr Wong is the most understanding, compassionate, knowledgeable and supportive medical professional I have encountered in my 59 years. If only I had met him 18 years earlier. I can't recommend him enough. His staff are very professional and highly accommodating to patient needs.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I had no problems with my DVA claims through dr wong, only that he is busy, and you just have to ask his secretary, or get himto do your papers on the spot

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Any ex servicemen or women do not go to this psychiatrist especially if you need a DVA assessment for a claim. Although on first 2 visits he seems ok, then he starts suggesting that you were like you are today because of something that happened before your enlistment. We all enlist A! medically and psychiatrically fit. Wong will be support your DVA claim, and once you have your claim rejected you won't ever get the proper treatment or any benefits. Instead may I suggest you consider Greenslopes Private Hospital Keith Payne Unit, Dr Tucker, NOT Dr Gibson.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Unfortunately Dr Wong does NOT point you in the right direction as you will be misdiagnosed and overdrugged, making you even worse than you started and making it very DIFFICULT for you to "add value to your life and condition"!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

So many of the negative comments about Patrick Wong here show that they don't understand the role of Psychiatry. Psychiatrists can point you in the right direction in terms of prescribing appropriate drug treatment, but the rest is up to you to add value to your own life and condition. Its a partnership toward cure, not a cure in itself.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

this doctor makes you repeat yourself to the point i want to punch him, overprescribes me drugs, will not follow up on anything, is not filling out dva papers or miltary papers when asked by them, seems to be on holiday all the time

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016