Ratings for Dr. Patrick Wong

I agree with the last post completely. My husband, who has been seeing Dr. Wong for aprrox three and a half years was completely broken and unable to work. He has now returned to work and is currently in a management position. It has been a long road to recovery but it happened because of Dr. Wong. He is a good man and an excellent psychiatrist. It is obvious to us that he does this job because of a genuine concern for people's well being and not for the money. I cannot thank him enough for gently leading my husband out of the darkness. And God bless Cathy his receptionist. She is the sweetest, kindest most helpful lady you could ever meet.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr Wong is the most understanding, compassionate, knowledgeable and supportive medical professional I have encountered in my 59 years. If only I had met him 18 years earlier. I can't recommend him enough. His staff are very professional and highly accommodating to patient needs.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I had no problems with my DVA claims through dr wong, only that he is busy, and you just have to ask his secretary, or get himto do your papers on the spot

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Any ex servicemen or women do not go to this psychiatrist especially if you need a DVA assessment for a claim. Although on first 2 visits he seems ok, then he starts suggesting that you were like you are today because of something that happened before your enlistment. We all enlist A! medically and psychiatrically fit. Wong will be support your DVA claim, and once you have your claim rejected you won't ever get the proper treatment or any benefits. Instead may I suggest you consider Greenslopes Private Hospital Keith Payne Unit, Dr Tucker, NOT Dr Gibson.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Unfortunately Dr Wong does NOT point you in the right direction as you will be misdiagnosed and overdrugged, making you even worse than you started and making it very DIFFICULT for you to "add value to your life and condition"!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

So many of the negative comments about Patrick Wong here show that they don't understand the role of Psychiatry. Psychiatrists can point you in the right direction in terms of prescribing appropriate drug treatment, but the rest is up to you to add value to your own life and condition. Its a partnership toward cure, not a cure in itself.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

this doctor makes you repeat yourself to the point i want to punch him, overprescribes me drugs, will not follow up on anything, is not filling out dva papers or miltary papers when asked by them, seems to be on holiday all the time

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

I am an ex serving veteran, Patrick is an intelligent empathetic dr who has helped me immensely.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

I totally agree that he lacks empathy - I saw him at a critical time in my life when I was very much alone and he just sneered at me and told me I had 'nothing' in my life, instead of helping me with strategies to improve my life! Even the nurses at the hospital would roll their eyes at his blatant and dangerous overprescribing. I remember that my body (to save my life from his potentially fatal doses) made me throw up all over the carpet in at Toowong Private. I'd just eaten strawberry mousse for dessert and there was this bright pink vomit everywhere that the poor nurses had to deal with as the cleaning staff had gone home. I think that Dr Wong should have been made to clean it up himself!! I only wish that I had thought laterally and approached my GP for a referral to a totally different psychiatrist in a totally different hospital. Dr Wong also misdiagnosed me with bipolar when this was not the case. He has no interest in following up, I agree with the last poster about that too. He only wanted the money from my private fund whilst in hospital. Maybe some of the 5 star reviews are genuine, but I don't believe all of them.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

He lacks empathy. .he can be abrupt and harsh ! I'd call him a smartass! I wouldn't be filling this in if he'd been OK he prescribes changes in medications with no follow up and noconcern that By changing more than one drug at once could result in fatal repercussions ...STAY AWAY

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015