Ratings for Dr. Amani Louis-Zaher

Very disorganized. As mentioned bellow, the medical reports and clinical tests are randomly placed in the files that some times she discovers that other patients medical reports are in your file. This causes great harm to the patient, specially when she does not follow up on those reports when she gets them and the patient does not know what the results were and how he/she would deal with his/her symptoms ! Her filing system is outdated and not alphabetically organized with proper stickers and folders. When she sees you she has the whole medical file in front of her and not the last year or two years history which causes her confusion when the reports are not placed securely in the file because they just slip out of the file on her desk and she just pushes them back in the file. Another problem is with her fax machine that many times runs out of ink and the results are not readable which , in addition to the healthcare cost, renders the whole diagnosis and lab results obsolete. She is very cost / income conscious and tries as much as possible to reduce her costs and increase her income. It is sad that patients have to bear with this kind of doctors due to lack of Family Doctors.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

She is a very disorganized doctor always searching in your file for your medical history, never listening to your recent problem and talking away in a completely different subject that does'nt even concern your visit. She does'nt like you if you come to see her only when you need a doctor, she likes you to come often enough so that she can collect your medical insurance claim, whether you need her or not. On top of that ,she should not even be allowed to practice in an office building that is not equipped to handle patients with reduced mobility.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

likes to see you very often. no bedside manners. always late and works only from 10-

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

She gets very annoyed with patients who don't go to see her very often. She repeats the same questions 3 or 4 times because she never really listens to your answers. It is so frustrating to be stuck with such a doctor because there are no other family doctors who are taking in new patients.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

My father took me to this doctor when I was 15-16 years old because she is part of our ethnic community. I had been having severe back pain for a few years straight (with no doctors diagnosing anything) and desperately needed a diagnosis. She took me in right away and checked my back (poking etc). I was crying from the pain and she laughed. Then proceeded to essentially tell me father I was exaggerating and to take a few Tylenol. A couple of years later, pain worse than ever, I had moved to Ottawa and asked a walkin clinic doctor to please hel me. She ran tests incl an MRI. The damage to my spine made this doctor cry in front of me. She couldn't believe I had pinched nerves and muscles, herniated disks, and an overall spine age of an 80 year old. Thank you, Amani, for being so careless that this many years later (I'm 31 now), I have suffered paralysis and complications during pregnancy/delivery that continue to baffle physicians/specialists. I will never forgive you for laughing.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Can be rude, always late, seems not concerned. always pre occupied with something else when you are in her office

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Great diagnostician but not very good bedside manners

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012