Ratings for Dr. Steven P. Markus

Hurried me out of the office after 10 minutes while I was in mid-sentence. Good grief.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

Went to him for a while because he is alternative med + MD, so covered by ins, but I think he is not as knowledgeable about alternative medicine. He's nice enough, though agree with other comment about pre-formed opinions. Rather authoritative at times, wants you to "obey," gets annoyed if you question things. Doesn't seem to take symptoms seriously or order any followup testing other than routine blood tests, and then minimal, not complete. Have to specifically request standard tests like HDL/LDL/Chol. Doesn't always seem to be actively engaged in trying to help patient solve the health issue, even if patient is motivated. On a positive note, low-key, soft spoken, relaxed most of time.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

I went in to Dr. Markus for a follow up to some medications he prescribed with some very severe physical complaints. He told me I was suffering from depression, which I was not, and tried to give me even more pills. Now that I'm not on any medication I feel so much better. Good thing I didn't listen to Dr. Markus. He seems to have his own pre-formed ideas and doesn't listen to actual symptoms. The receptionist was very nice.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

This doctor does not seem to believe in many of the services that the practice provides.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

Dr. Markus is very foward thinking and with an ability to be able to communicate well to me, the patient. Great manner and cogent, precise questions to focus on an issue. I am going to him even though he is out of the BCBS list, because I believe in him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

He's been my doctor for over 20 years and I've always found him to be willing to spend time and to listen well. He has an organic, open-minded approach to medicine and is willing to listen to other approaches. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

I don't recommend this doctor. He's too busy for patients, apparently.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Steven Markus is clearly an intelligent doctor, based on his educational background, but he does not have his patient's best interest at heart - he doesn't listen, often ignores, and tries to save the insurance company money over a patient's well-being. I would not recommend Steven Markus to anyone except a pharmaceutical representative.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

He is simply the best doctor we ever had. He treated my daughter and myself since 1990. He was a rare doctor who listend and was really smart. Made you feel special and always took the best care of us. We have moved to Florida and really miss him as our doctor. We will never forget all he did for us. Thank you Dr. Markus.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2006

Dr. Steven P. Markus's Credentials

• Eastern Va Med Sch Of The Med Coll Of Hampton Roads, Norfolk Va 23501 (Grad. 1983)

Oxford