Ratings for Dr. Christopher Chiodo

I waited for around 2 hours to see him, for nothing . Terrible , he want me to buy some staff online and 2 minutes consult with no treatment , no apologies to be so late, just said good bye , I loss my time to see him .

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I went in for a second opinion on my foot. Waited over an hour and a half to see him. No apology about the delay. His fellow looked at my mri that I brought with me and said he couldn't exactly see because of hardware in my foot (bunionectomy). The issue was nowhere near my big toe. The dr came in and wanted me to get an x-ray which I knew would show nothing. After the x-ray he told me he wanted to cut my toe down and if it didn't work I'd have to come back for a second surgery and have him cut more. He then felt my calf and said it was tight and that I needed a calf release as well. That would result in a 6-8 month recovery. He told me to think about it and then left the office. After sitting for a few minutes I stepped out and asked if I was done to which he replied yes and had his staff show me the way out. I was in tears when I left. I went right back to my podiatrist and scheduled a surgery for neuroma removal. When I told him about my visit he told me if I had the calf release I would end up with a foot that flops when I walked! I'm so glad I had the knowledge about my condition so that I didn't make a mistake in choosing him! If a doctor says maybe the first surgery will work, but if not you'll have to come back again, RUN! He wasn't very friendly either. I am currently recovering quite comfortably from my neuroma excission and couldn't happier with my podiatrist!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

The best orthoprdist that i have ever seen. Extremely knowledgeable and he has a wonderful bedside manner.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

After years of chronic foot and ankle pain, numerous doctors, and two surgeries I had nearly come to the conclusion that I couldn't be helped. In what I told myself would be my "last ditch effort" I researched the best orthopedic foot and ankle docs in the country. Dr Chris Chiodo in the top ten was only an hours drive away. His service was prompt curious and thorough. I admired and felt secure with his confidence. He and his staff listened to my long medical history so I felt heard. Today, after only a few visits, I have my life back. Know one is more surprised than me that I'm living a relativity pain free life. Thanks to Dr Chiodo I danced the night away at my stepson's wedding.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

I have only positive things to say about Dr Chiodo. I have operated my left foot in 2012 and I had other inflammatory issues with my right foot and Dr Chiodo has been always efficient in identifying the cause of the problem and the best solution for it. he is really knowledgeable and takes time to explain to you exactly what you have. I thing is one of the best orthopedic doctor in Boston.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Chiodo was excellent all through my visits and surgery. He called me on his way home with a bad cell connection so called from his house phone late evening to check up on me after surgery. He cares and is extremely knowledgeable of his practice. From removing pieces of bone to reattaching ligaments - this is the best this ankle has been in decades. I'm glad he convinced me to get my ankle fixed after slipping on a wet floor. Sometimes surgery is the only avenue and I'm glad I took the road to Dr. Chiodo.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Dr Chiodo is great. I was sent to him after having two previous surgeries on my ankle. From the moment I met him I knew that liked would like him. Before I could have my third surgery I had to get my vitamin D up and I was impressed because he called me directly to tell me the results, in stead of having his assistant. Same thing after my third surgery. He called me that night and again the following day to see how I was doing. He even gave me his direct cell number so I could call him if I was having complications. Another thing is he has great bedside manner. Definitely recommend him to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

He is very attentive, caring, and very knowledgable. 5 foot surgeries and counting with him. He has been very helpful with my condition. I would reccommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

Great surgeon who seems to truly enjoy what he does. Takes the time to answer your questions and address your concerns. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Superb. He is a great surgeon but is also very caring and compassionate.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Dr. Christopher Chiodo's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1993)

GHI