Ratings for Dr. Christopher Chiodo

Had a bad experience with him for my left foot several years ago, fusion of big toe and hammertoes. Seemed to only care about the end product but not the actual patient. I suffered a lot after, he was defensive when I spoke with him and I got an infection. Will be having my other foot done in June with Dr. Marcoux from St Elizabeth’s Hospital. He is thorough, caring and a good surgeon. I hope that Dr. Chiodo is more self aware now and has made changes to his quality of care of his patients.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Didn't touch my foot and said I had a normal gait when he never saw my walk. Left with no plan for my foot pain.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

The doctor dropped me like a hot potato after my surgery when I still have a major pain and falling. He was wonderful start with, then he changed all of a sudden. He also walked out on me during my last appointment

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I ruptured my Achilles on the week of Thanksgiving. Even though it was just before the holiday, Dr. Chiodo made time to see me the same day that I called his office. He spent the time with me explaining my options, giving me all the information I needed to decide the course of action that suited me best. I've never felt rushed in his office, and he has offices in multiple locations which is convenient. I am very appreciative of the care Dr. Chiodo provided me. He is a very good man.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Looks like people either love him or hate him. I thought he was a total narcissist. He thinks he is listening, but he's not. He spends a lot of time defending himself and telling you he's great. Ugh. Find someone else.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Absolutely the most knowledgeable foot and ankle surgeon in the area. He saved my foot after botch surgery done by someone else. If you choose another specialist it will be your lost not his. Enough said.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I waited for around 2 hours to see him, for nothing . Terrible , he want me to buy some staff online and 2 minutes consult with no treatment , no apologies to be so late, just said good bye , I loss my time to see him .

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I went in for a second opinion on my foot. Waited over an hour and a half to see him. No apology about the delay. His fellow looked at my mri that I brought with me and said he couldn't exactly see because of hardware in my foot (bunionectomy). The issue was nowhere near my big toe. The dr came in and wanted me to get an x-ray which I knew would show nothing. After the x-ray he told me he wanted to cut my toe down and if it didn't work I'd have to come back for a second surgery and have him cut more. He then felt my calf and said it was tight and that I needed a calf release as well. That would result in a 6-8 month recovery. He told me to think about it and then left the office. After sitting for a few minutes I stepped out and asked if I was done to which he replied yes and had his staff show me the way out. I was in tears when I left. I went right back to my podiatrist and scheduled a surgery for neuroma removal. When I told him about my visit he told me if I had the calf release I would end up with a foot that flops when I walked! I'm so glad I had the knowledge about my condition so that I didn't make a mistake in choosing him! If a doctor says maybe the first surgery will work, but if not you'll have to come back again, RUN! He wasn't very friendly either. I am currently recovering quite comfortably from my neuroma excission and couldn't happier with my podiatrist!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

The best orthoprdist that i have ever seen. Extremely knowledgeable and he has a wonderful bedside manner.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

After years of chronic foot and ankle pain, numerous doctors, and two surgeries I had nearly come to the conclusion that I couldn't be helped. In what I told myself would be my "last ditch effort" I researched the best orthopedic foot and ankle docs in the country. Dr Chris Chiodo in the top ten was only an hours drive away. His service was prompt curious and thorough. I admired and felt secure with his confidence. He and his staff listened to my long medical history so I felt heard. Today, after only a few visits, I have my life back. Know one is more surprised than me that I'm living a relativity pain free life. Thanks to Dr Chiodo I danced the night away at my stepson's wedding.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Dr. Christopher Chiodo's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1993)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal