Ratings for Dr. Patrick Mitchell

Took my mother in law for an appointment this week. We arrived at 1:20 for a 1:45 appointment. Roads are extremely slippery in Calgary and it took us 45 minutes to get there. When we arrived we were told that the Doctor had to leave and we had to come back the next day. No sorry, no phone all to re schedule. I explained that I could not come back the next day. The receptionist called her manager. The manager said you will need to come back tomorrow because we were late. I gave her the appointment card that said 1:45 as she was under the impression our appointment was at 1:00. She was quite rude also. Finally she said we could see another doctor. All in all appointment was 2 hours long. Also last appointment before this she had to see a different doctor again. Not very professional service.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

This doctor thinks only his time is valuable. Waiting 2 hours to him every time is horrid

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Dr. Mitchell began treating me several years ago when he was learning under Dr. Keherani. He has always been kind and patient and I have consistently been pleased with my medical care. That being said, it is extremely frustrating to be waiting lengthy periods at every single appointment. I've been pleasantly surprised once in 6 years when I saw the Dr within an hour of my scheduled appointment. That's one out of probably 20 visits (with the exception of 2 surgeries which were done at Rockey and on time). I can't help but feel this place is collecting money from us cattle passing g through most visits. Very frustrating.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr. Mitchell is very knowledgeable as he explained some things about the eye in terms I could understand. He fully explained my eye pathology and the surgery preoperatively so I was very relaxed during the surgery and fully confident in his ability to perform it. His staff performed 100% in every way, from receptionists to scrub nurses. I was totally impressed with the complete experience. I should know as my wife & I have 70+ years in the medical field including 10+ years in a local O.R.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Despite long wait times i had an excellent experience seeing dr.mitchell on an emergency basis, I found his assistant very helpful and answered all of my questions with confidence and knowledge. I would strongly recommend him

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Lovely office staff and beautiful clinic. Great building overall. Have seen several doctors at southern Alberta eye centre.

Wait times are very long I feel this I'd unacceptable

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Knowledgable doctor with friendly staff. Makes having to go to the doctor montly more bearable.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Great experience. Beautiful clinic. Some days it can be a long wait but other than that I feel like I am well taken care of.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Was seen at the rockyview hospital for an emergency appointment. Was very professional. Then the next day at his clinic. Wait times can be long but you only have one set of eyes. Overall good experience.

Dr. Patrick Mitchell's Credentials