Ratings for Dr. Henry Lapointe

I can't believe all the bad reviews on here! That said, my experience with Dr Lapointe was way back in 2002/2003. My review is based on my 2003 jaw surgery (LeForte I Sagittal Split & Genioplasty) and wisdom teeth removal. I was downright terrified about having jaw surgery, but after several appointments with Dr Lapointe, I knew I was in good hands. He was very patient and thorough explaining the procedure and risks involved. My parents (dad especially) had been very concerned as well, that is until they met with Dr Lapointe and could tell that he's very knowledgeable and caring. I had jaw surgery to correct a bad overbite + 4 wisdom teeth removed in March 2003 and it was flawless. Recovery wasn't fun, but that's surgery for you. Nothing went wrong and I'm beyond thankful to this day (I was 17 when I had surgery, now age 31) that I chose to have this surgery. It impacted my self-esteem and confidence in ways I can't begin to explain! I see a lot of bad reviews, so perhaps he isn't what he used to be. I would doubt that though! I have all good things to say about him, and his staff + the whole experience (before and after surgery). I wouldn't hesitate to see him again. Hopefully there is no more surgery in my future though. :)

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Lapointe did my TMJ surgery and at a later date, removed 4 Wisdom teeth. Exceptional Doctor with fabulous bedside communication. Would refer in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Destroyed my mouth. Nothing but problems since. Its been 7 years fighting and apparently I can't do anything about it. Very informative prior to surgery was equivilant to his lack of aftercare. Need false teeth now. Just awesome.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

He didn't seem interested in helping . His assessment was not really an assessment because he kept asking me what is my main concern as if we are only allowed one thing, lost my file, and didn't even look at X-rays.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Awesome surgeon, very polite, informative and extremely sensitive to the needs of his patients. Easy to talk to and willing to explain procedures in simple terms so you are fully aware of what is happening.My first appointment ran much later than anticipated but i never felt they were rushing me out. They were super thorough and i left feeling confident that I was making the right decision. His team is always happy, helpful and accommodating. In my opinion his teams' positive attitudes are attributed to the way that they're treated in the workplace. Carrie, the receptionist- Phenomenal! 10/10! I had surgery mid December and Dr. Lapointe reached out personally via phone to follow up in regards to some questions I had. Awesome team. even better surgeon. Don't listen to the negative garbage below. Be aware that people writing reviews are usually the ones quick to complain. Do yourself the favor and make the appointment...meet the team. You won't regret it!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Dr. Lapointe is a very talented surgeon. Absolutely no problem with his know-how for certain procedures, my wisdom teeth came out in a breeze! May be a little straight to the point at some times but solid none-the-less.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

He behaves like he is out of this world and whatever he gonna do for you is your only option. Very arrogant. He needs to be more empathetic and human. Should improve his manners

Submitted September 11, 2015

No problems with Dr. Lapointe. Would recommend him toothers.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Really a bad doctor, he is all about the show, lack of knowledge is his main problem, it makes me feel that this doctor has a hugh inferiority complex.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

I believe Dr. Lapointe is a skilled surgeon, but his chair-side manner and willingness to take time with his patients leaves much to be desired!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015