Ratings for Dr. Robert Kerr

great doctor. no issues ever. never rushes at all. concise.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I have only had good experiences with Dr Kerr. Punctual and very thorough. I feel like he actually listens to me. His staff are great too. After having a very poor Dr for years, his attitude is refreshing.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Kerr is an amazing doctor. He's always punctual and explains everything when I have questions. He's been very helpful with adding his two cents as well in terms of what the options are and which one he feels is best. Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Dr Kerr is my favourite doctor of all time. Personable, knowledgeable and professional. I have had so many appointments with him for both myself and my children that the last time I saw him, he remarked that it feels like I live there! My family has many widely varied health issues. Dr. Kerr takes the time to explain, help and provide resources to deal with all of our health concerns. He has never made me feel rushed or disregarded in any way. He is a kind, caring and compassionate doctor. I just love him and cannot say enough to express my thanks for the excellent care we receive in his office. His staff are exemplary. I have no complaints whatsoever. Two thumbs up, 5 stars and 10 out of 10!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr. Kerr is great. I never feel rushed at my appointments (which always happened with my old doctor), and you can tell he actually cares about his patients. If I've had something pressing, I've always been able to get a same-day appointment. I also feel very comfortable talking with him and his staff. In contrast to the reviewers below, I've never found Dr. Kerr to force medication as a band-aid solution to problems - he always talks through my options with me and discusses the rationale behind each, then lets me decide which route I'd like to take (though he of course offers his opinion on what he thinks is the best course of action, which as a doctor I'd hope he would do).

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I have been very disappointed and upset about my personal experience with Dr. Kerr as a family physician. I am a young female health care professional, so I have knowledge about health care. I have found Dr. Kerr to be very pro medications as band-aid solutions for issues and not long term healthier ways of managing problems. Dr. Kerr is very dismissive of issues or concerns I have. He has even been inappropriate and rude in recent visits. Ex: The nurse practitioner and receptionist both told me I may need a possible biopsy for a potentially cancerous lesion. When I came in to see and explain my concerns, he basically told me it was all in my head and used my previous experience with anxiety against me. He was completely inappropriate and made me feel bad about even going to the visit (even though both the nurse practitioner and receptionist told me I potentially need a biopsy! Not in my head). He also seems very uncomfortable and not extremely knowledgeable about female reproduction and health. I had questions for him, about the potential of breast cancer side effects of hormonal birth control. And he once again dismissed this, stating that it was because I worked with cancer patients, that is the only reason why I have concerns about this. Even though I studied this in university and completed a research project on breast cancer's relation to hormonal birth control use. I am concerned for elderly patient or patients who are not very knowledgeable and could easily be dismissed. I am currently looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr Kerr has for the most part been fantastic. Always ready to help, always gives the best knowledge he can. I find my only issue is that there have been times I have tried to see him, but he was always on vacation. I'll attribute this to my poor timing, though! He makes sure to stay on top of your health issues. He's helped me so much, especially with my mental health. Try to give us a heads up when you are going on vacation, and I won't have a single complaint! Highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

My experience has been very positive. He has been sensitive, and attentive to my needs I appreciate his focus on the LGBTQ community. I have never had a Dr where I can get an appointment often within 24 hours as he leaves room in his scheduling for urgent issues. (some patients with urgent issues are told by their Dr.'s to go to the ER or a walk-in---terrible care) Deb, Rena, et al have been efficient, and caring. Can't ask for more. I also appreciate the various disciplines and services offered through the office...one stop health shopping!

Submitted June 21, 2016

Though I sometimes am left waiting in the room for what feels like forever, Dr. Kerr is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I'm definitely a fan.

Submitted June 16, 2016

I have had countless negative experiences with Dr. Kerr. I do think he is indeed very knowledgeable however, he comes off very arrogant as if he knows EVERYTHING. I had a couple health scares with unimageable pain and time after time and continous appts for months on end, he kept sending me home saying it was a minor issue when in fact it turned out to be life threatning!! Thank god for Dr. Neimanis for actually catching their was a bigger problem. Everytime after that I never have felt listened too with my concerns and he always seems in a rush to push medications and get me out the door. Also, recently, I had yet another negative experience with not properly doing his job and listening and checking the PATIENT. patient centered care is not the vibes I get from him. Everyone is human and makes mistakes and being in the health care industry myself, I understand. But to pretend you know absolutely everything and yet dont even listen to your patients concerns has been a recipe for disaster. The staff has been nothing but professional and helpful. sad to see doctor neimanis go.

Submitted April 8, 2016