Ratings for Dr. Andrew Xuan

My doctor has been trying to find me a gastro doctor in Ottawa that doesnt have a 1 to 2 yr waiting period for a scope procedure. When i called the office, the receptionist began talking over me, and wouldnt let me speak. Finally I said, please let me finish , she continued, I said you arent letting me finish, she then hung up on me. Who hangs up on a patient? I wasnt rude, I was trying to explain my situation and she hung up on me! I have never ever had someone ever hang up on me before.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

I've had 3 procedures with Dr. Xuan, he was thorough and knowledgeable, I felt in very capable hands each time. I would easily recommend him. His office is very organized and his receptionist pleasant.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

He was on time, well organized and friendly. . Had reviewed my complete medical history asking questions about pertinent issues from even many years ago. The procedure went well.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Dr. Xuan has been my doctor for 9 years. I am very happy with him.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I had an appointment with my father today to discuss the results of tests he had done. First we waited almost two hours then when we went into his office his last patient's information was still up on the computer screen facing us. He told my dad what he thinks the problem is then said "well let's look it up on Wikipedia"!!! I found him to be condescending, not helpful at all, and I said I wanted a second opinion and I was the one to ask if there is medication that will help him ... I would never go to him or refer anyone to him

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

October 18th I had a colonoscopy the staff we're tube to start , I still suffer after procedure I've been to emergency twice already doubled over and this is ever since procedure, when I call and ask for my health record to be sent to my doctor they inform i me it's not completed. Come on if he ran into a complication shouldn't I have right to know?Now I need to miss another week off work to still recoperate!he's Not recommended by me what so ever

Submitted November 1, 2016

I recently placed a low rating comment about Dr. Xuan. Since then, he followed up with me about the issue and it is resolved. I appreciated it and I am satisfied with his follow up.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Always late on his appointments and very unprofessional staff.

Submitted September 28, 2015

I realize doctors do have emergencies,, but this guy needs to learn to tell the time. I have never waited less than 1 hour in the corridor for an appointment at his office. In the 21st century we expect better! His nurse is amazing. She is always kind and helpful and patient beyond belief in dealing with a row of unhappy patients. I confess I wonder how long she will be able to stay with him. I have had several upper endoscopies, and have found sedation not necessary - the doctor worked with me and my breathing/swallowing. However, I would never want to endure again the rigid pushing and pulling of dr. Xuan without sedation . but why should I have to have sedation in order to let him put my body through such a rough procedure. Otherwise, he will provide good information when probed, and seems to understand the medications I need for my longstanding nutcracker esophagus. For his own sake, he needs to get a better handle on his scheduling. This would also benefit his patients.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

I can't comment on staff really because there was none there, Dr. Xuan was running last (very late - 1 hour), not really helpful or knowledgeable - he was relying on test results that were 5 years old to make his diagnosis, dismissed any of my concerns, didn't even take my vitals, palpate my stomach, didn't order any new tests or review my family history of colon cancer and celiac... just told me it sounded like I had IBS and to take Metamucil! I've lost 20 lbs, I have blood in my stool (confirmed by my family doc), I'm anemic - I've had a total hysterectomy so I don't loose blood every month like most women do - so no apparent reason for the anemia but he never questioned that. I felt it was a waste of my time and our healthcare money.

Submitted January 12, 2015