Ratings for Dr. Rebecca Risk

Very unprofessional don't help you just worried about making there money

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I went to see Dr. Risk after years of fatigue, and thousands of $$ in testing. Dr. Risk was able to pinpoint what would have cost over $10, 000 in blood tests in less than 45 minutes. Her knowledge and testing can save you a lot of hassle. Following the initial intake, I was prescribed a specific protocol to me. I was so happy to pay for all the supplements as I knew they were tailored to my individual health concerns. Above all, it helped and I feel fantastic. Her staff is incredible and the clinic is very warm and comforting. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
I am so happy that you have finally found a solution to your fatigue. After my own experiences with fatigue, I am extremely dedicated to helping other people find their own health solutions in a personally tailored, easy to follow plan.

Submitted February 10, 2017

I was suffering from GI and digestive issues, as well as migraines (which living in Calgary doesn’t help). Dr. Risk was very helpful and insightful in areas that I just felt my issues weren’t being addressed by conventional Western Medicine practices. After altering my food intake to a healthier direction and taking the natural high quality supplements that she prescribed, after a few months the difference was night and day. I’m not sure when/why Western Medicine got away from treating the body as a whole, or acknowledging issues that they used to help with (parasites, candida, mold exposure, heavy metals exposure). Bloating went down, rashes on my legs disappeared, I had energy throughout the day and night. I sleep better too. My mind is clearer and I can focus better. She was a great help. I definitely recommend Dr. Risk and Dr. Kohlman. Sometimes just getting something looked at from a different point of view is all you need.

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
Keep all the hard work! I’m so glad I was able to get you to a point where you are experiencing wellness.

Submitted February 10, 2017

I came to Dr. Risk after three miscarriages, looking for any help that would bring my body into better health to support a pregnancy. I had been to a naturopath previously to successfully heal my son's gut from food sensitivities, so I knew the power of healing that naturopaths can offer. I was tired all the time, and I was wondering if I had a thyroid issue but it never showed up on any diagnostic with my family doctor. My hair was so so dry... honestly, it would matt on the back of my neck by the end of the day. My skin was so dry I would need to moisturize every single day in order to not have flaky dead skin all the time. I knew my gut was "off", I had lived for 7 years overseas in third world countries and had never had any de-parasiting done when I came back. I also had extremely painful menses, my doctor was treating me for endometriosis. At the time, I was also recovering from tennis elbow in both elbows and plantar's fasciitis in my right foot. I highly recommend Ananta Health and Dr. Risk. Dr. Risk listened to every single health issue I had, from head to toe...conducted her diagnostics, and put me on a health program. After only two weeks my body to start changing.... symptoms I didn't even know I had were gone: I stopped clenching my teeth in my sleep, I started to sleep without waking every few hours. I didn't feel like I was so thirsty all the time. My hair changed so dramatically from dry to healthy, that my hair stylist even commented on the amazing difference she saw. The inflammation in my elbows and foot was improving. My skin held more moisture that if I missed a day of applying cream, it was no big deal. My menstrual pain improved, now I may only take an advil, maybe. Some months not at all. My gut started improving. I used to have cramping and bloating and that was going away. I had energy! I used to get home at the end of the day from work, make supper, and collapse. Now I was spontaneously cleaning my closets in the evening! The best part... I got pregnant! I can't say it was a direct relationship to what Dr. Risk had done for me, as I was also doing acupuncture and taking progesterone, but I didn't miscarry, and I have a happy bouncy beautiful baby boy to show for it! Dr. Risk is thorough, caring, understanding, and most of all... an expert naturopath. I highly recommend her!

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
This is fantastic news! Congratulations to you and your family!

Submitted February 10, 2017

I felt Dr. Risk to be extremely helpful in the initial and continued treatment throughout my visits with her. Not only was she able to narrow down the root cause of the Chronic Fatigue I have suffered for years from but she was able to create a treatment plan for me to follow. I can finally say that with her support I am doing better every day. I appreciate her, as well as how supportive her staff has been towards me there and in between visits.

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
Keep up all the hard work. What I love about my job is being able to take people from illness, and see them gain back their life. Enjoy your new found wellness!

Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Risk helped me to figure out what was the root cause to my ailments, while western doctors kept recommending steroid creams and pills . Dr. Risk recommended supplements to get rid of the infection and a change to my diet which helped me to move forward. I feel supported by her and her staff, if I have a question or concern I can call or email for help.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
I am so happy to have been there to help you. You are always welcome to call the office if you need any assistance.

Submitted February 10, 2017

Out for the money and long long term care that goes no where!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
I am very sorry that you feel this way. Achieving and maintaining wellness can seem like a lot of work and that it takes a long time. A lot of conditions that I treat, including Lyme Disease, can take time to heal. My office is very dedicated to find a treatment plan that is within your budget, and will work on your specific health concerns. Any time this is unattainable, I encourage an open dialogue. Whenever I feel that I am not able to help a certain condition, or that we have hit a roadblock, I reassess and make any changes I feel are necessary. I make every attempt to work with you about your health and treatment concerns.

Submitted February 10, 2017

I felt Dr. Risk had her mind set on a diagnosis before the examination. "If your only tool is a hammer, all you will see is nails".

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
I am sorry that this was your impression of me, and I wish I had more details about why you felt that way. In each visit, I assess my patients and perform BioMeridian testing. I do have training and experience that allows me to have suspicions about what could be ailing a patient, but at the same time I rely on the testing I use (and sometimes blood work to follow up, especially with Lyme Disease) to help to clarify suspicions. My treatment plans are individual, and even if two people have the same condition, they will have a different treatment plan.

Submitted February 10, 2017

She diagnosed me with ALS and Lymes disease. I was thoroughly tested by ligimit doctors after her diagnosis and there were absolutely no signs of the disease. No Lymes disease either. All she wanted was my money. I am glad to say I am doing fine. Please do not go to this so called doctor. She was only wanting to push her so called medicine. Complete waste of my time and money.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
Lyme Disease is greeted by a political storm in Canada. Although studies have proven it is in our tick population, there are many doctors who are ignoring this evidence. The only way to know if you do or do not have Lyme Disease is to go through testing outside of Canada in the USA or Germany. Canadian testing is not accurate enough to detect the bacteria. I would not have told you you had Lyme Disease unless you had this testing, although I would have confirmed I was strongly suspicious of the disease if you had neurological symptoms that mimicked ALS. I do not diagnose ALS. If your symptoms do return, I urge you to contact a Lyme literate doctor who can help you to determine if you are affected by this disease. The recommendations that I make in my clinic are based on each individual, and we take utmost care not to “push” anything. Every patient is able to make their own decisions on which supplements and parts of the treatment plan they would like to pursue based on my recommendations. At Ananta Health, the main goal is for the patient to achieve wellness, however this is done. Whether you purchase supplements from my office, or elsewhere, does not matter to me. As long as you begin to feel better.

Submitted February 10, 2017

I feel like she already has her mind made up as to what she's treating you for which is Lymes disease and then she says you have a parasite...and treats you for that. She loads you up on a bunch of stuff and then when you still feel awful (worse than when you came in) she orders more blood work and charges a huge chunk of change. I've never felt any results from her and she is condecending and rude. She doesn't actually listen. Upon speaking to others in the community I am not the only one who feels this way. Terrible "bedside manner" and would never recommend anyone who actually wants help to go here.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

Dr. Rebecca Risk's response
I am sorry that this is your experience at my office. This is the opposite of what our goal was for you. I do not just assume that my patients have Lyme Disease, they are actually requested to do the blood work to do confirm that they are being affected by Lyme before moving forward onto treatment. Although there is a cost to this, at my office we do not have any mark up on the test, it is purely the cost from the lab that the patient is paying for. I am not sure how else to approach treatment for Lyme Disease if we don’t have any confirmation. It is very rare that I recommend other testing unless we hit a roadblock further down the road. Most of the time, the BioMeridian testing done in the office is enough to help determine what direction to take the treatment in. I am sorry that you feel I wasn’t listening to you. I take every effort to make sure that in my appointments with my patients we have ample time to discuss your concerns, and my staff and I are always available to answer any questions as you proceed onto treatment. I always encourage an open dialogue with if something isn’t working so that we can assess the situation and make it optimal for you. If you do have Lyme Disease, feeling awful from treatment is a strong possibility. This is called “herxing” in the Lyme community and is very common. At every initial appointment, I take a great amount of time to explain this, as well as providing documentation for you to read over so that you can have a great understanding of what is to come during treatment. This is the reason why my treatments are taken very slowly, and my staff and I are willing to offer support when people are starting on their recommended program. Treatment needs to be taken at a pace that the patient can tolerate. If something isn’t working, we encourage an open dialogue to find out what can be done to make it easier for you. It is estimated in studies that 85% of the population has a parasitic infection, so it is not uncommon for a treatment protocol to begin with treating these. Since your gut is 80% of your immune system, it is very important for me to make sure it is working optimally before doing any treatment, including treating Lyme Disease.

Dr. Rebecca Risk's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• BCBS Illinois