Ratings for Dr. Rebecca Risk

I was suffering from GI and digestive issues, as well as migraines (which living in Calgary doesn’t help). Dr. Risk was very helpful and insightful in areas that I just felt my issues weren’t being addressed by conventional Western Medicine practices. After altering my food intake to a healthier direction and taking the natural high quality supplements that she prescribed, after a few months the difference was night and day. I’m not sure when/why Western Medicine got away from treating the body as a whole, or acknowledging issues that they used to help with (parasites, candida, mold exposure, heavy metals exposure). Bloating went down, rashes on my legs disappeared, I had energy throughout the day and night. I sleep better too. My mind is clearer and I can focus better. She was a great help. I definitely recommend Dr. Risk and Dr. Kohlman. Sometimes just getting something looked at from a different point of view is all you need.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I came to Dr. Risk after three miscarriages, looking for any help that would bring my body into better health to support a pregnancy. I had been to a naturopath previously to successfully heal my son's gut from food sensitivities, so I knew the power of healing that naturopaths can offer. I was tired all the time, and I was wondering if I had a thyroid issue but it never showed up on any diagnostic with my family doctor. My hair was so so dry... honestly, it would matt on the back of my neck by the end of the day. My skin was so dry I would need to moisturize every single day in order to not have flaky dead skin all the time. I knew my gut was "off", I had lived for 7 years overseas in third world countries and had never had any de-parasiting done when I came back. I also had extremely painful menses, my doctor was treating me for endometriosis. At the time, I was also recovering from tennis elbow in both elbows and plantar's fasciitis in my right foot. I highly recommend Ananta Health and Dr. Risk. Dr. Risk listened to every single health issue I had, from head to toe...conducted her diagnostics, and put me on a health program. After only two weeks my body to start changing.... symptoms I didn't even know I had were gone: I stopped clenching my teeth in my sleep, I started to sleep without waking every few hours. I didn't feel like I was so thirsty all the time. My hair changed so dramatically from dry to healthy, that my hair stylist even commented on the amazing difference she saw. The inflammation in my elbows and foot was improving. My skin held more moisture that if I missed a day of applying cream, it was no big deal. My menstrual pain improved, now I may only take an advil, maybe. Some months not at all. My gut started improving. I used to have cramping and bloating and that was going away. I had energy! I used to get home at the end of the day from work, make supper, and collapse. Now I was spontaneously cleaning my closets in the evening! The best part... I got pregnant! I can't say it was a direct relationship to what Dr. Risk had done for me, as I was also doing acupuncture and taking progesterone, but I didn't miscarry, and I have a happy bouncy beautiful baby boy to show for it! Dr. Risk is thorough, caring, understanding, and most of all... an expert naturopath. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I felt Dr. Risk to be extremely helpful in the initial and continued treatment throughout my visits with her. Not only was she able to narrow down the root cause of the Chronic Fatigue I have suffered for years from but she was able to create a treatment plan for me to follow. I can finally say that with her support I am doing better every day. I appreciate her, as well as how supportive her staff has been towards me there and in between visits.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Risk helped me to figure out what was the root cause to my ailments, while western doctors kept recommending steroid creams and pills . Dr. Risk recommended supplements to get rid of the infection and a change to my diet which helped me to move forward. I feel supported by her and her staff, if I have a question or concern I can call or email for help.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Out for the money and long long term care that goes no where!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

I felt Dr. Risk had her mind set on a diagnosis before the examination. "If your only tool is a hammer, all you will see is nails".

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

She diagnosed me with ALS and Lymes disease. I was thoroughly tested by ligimit doctors after her diagnosis and there were absolutely no signs of the disease. No Lymes disease either. All she wanted was my money. I am glad to say I am doing fine. Please do not go to this so called doctor. She was only wanting to push her so called medicine. Complete waste of my time and money.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I feel like she already has her mind made up as to what she's treating you for which is Lymes disease and then she says you have a parasite...and treats you for that. She loads you up on a bunch of stuff and then when you still feel awful (worse than when you came in) she orders more blood work and charges a huge chunk of change. I've never felt any results from her and she is condecending and rude. She doesn't actually listen. Upon speaking to others in the community I am not the only one who feels this way. Terrible "bedside manner" and would never recommend anyone who actually wants help to go here.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Risk for almost 4 years. She is a caring, knowledgeable and intuitive Dr.. The key is to communicate clearly and honestly what your issues are. She can then determine the right path for the patient. The second part to that is following the treatments she recommends. Ultimately she will do everything in her power to help find what you need for optimal health. She's a great Dr. and a great person.

Submitted November 23, 2015

It is your right to have this opinion but please do not speak for my husband because we have nothing but thanks to give Dr. Risk. It is very saddening to hear that this individual who did not even give the treatment more than 6 weeks, is so quick to jump to the conclusion that the treatment did not work. My understanding is that your daughter continues to suffer (post gall bladder removal) and the doctors continue to give little to no answers. After years of seeking medical advice for a chronic medical condition that worsened to the point of being bed-ridden, my husband was forced to look at alternative medicine options. We gave our medical system more than a fair shot with MRI's, lumbar punctures, extensive blood work and visits to 2 Internists, a Neurologist and 3 different GP's of which could give no answers to this "mysterious illness". Last Christmas my husband was told by an Internist that he was dying of either "Mad Cow disease" or Degenerative Dementia, both of which were more likely than Lyme disease in Alberta!!??? Wow!! We have scientific evidence from lab tests that it is in fact chronic Lyme disease and I am saddened to hear that people can be so short-sighted to pass judgement on my husband when they haven't experienced the journey we've been on! Unfortunately, many people are so sucked into our medical system that they believe if we just keep knocking at the same door, doctors will find yet another band aid (ie: Steroids, Statins) rather than working together to blend nutrition, natural and traditional medicine to bring about optimal health! I am happy to say that after 2 years of incredible pain and suffering, my husband is working again and able to resume normal, daily activities! His energy is back, chronic issues that had plagued him for years are gone! Yes we have spent thousands of dollars (no thanks to Alberta Health Care) but my husband is alive and living a life much richer because of Dr. Risk. I hope that the chronic illnesses that plague your daughter clear up and that the "REAL" doctor's are able to find out the "real" reason for her symptoms!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr. Rebecca Risk's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients