Ratings for Dr. Cathy Vernooy

I am so blessed to have found Dr. Vernooy. She is very knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. She acts on health conditions immediately. She was very quick to send me through a battery of tests that resulted in a cancer diagnosis. Best doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Dr. Vernooy has been our family doctor for 10+ years. She is quite nice, but my family has had problems with her over the years not being able to properly diagnose, not running simple tests , ignoring out-of-range blood tests, and referring to specialists for unimportant stuff while not referring for more important things. I would say that she is better than other doctors I have had or heard about, but it stay pays to do your own research and advocate for yourself, don't rely on her to figure out what is wrong if you have a chronic health condition.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

She has been our family doctor for about 10 y ears. She is very knowledgeable, takes the time to take care of your needs, doesn't give medication without careful consideration. She is very kind, and concerned about the patient's needs. We were very blessed to find her.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Best doctor ever! we are so lucky to have her as our family doctor. Her knowledge is excellent and she is excellent with the kids too!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I am of the same sentiments as the others. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a efficienct compassionate, patient and kind person looking after me. Have been a patient since 2009 and feel very fortunate to have this wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I don't know if I can say enough positive things about my experience with Dr. Vernooy so far. I have been a patient of hers since October 2015 and have repeatedly been impressed by her level of compassion and efficiency. Dr. Vernooy listens carefully to concerns and has always been incredibly thorough - picking up on things that my previous physicians might have missed. On top of this, she is incredibly kind and knowledgeable - I feel very fortunate to have found such a wonderful family doctor!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

The best Dr we ever had hands down!! She is caring and has a gift of hearing you and your needs and taking them seriously.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Dr. Vernooy is hands down the BEST doctor I have ever had and I'm so grateful that I found her for myself and my three children almost 7 years ago. I share the same sentiments as the others here; she is kind, compassionate, extremely competent and knowledgeable, always patient and very thorough. She has a fantastic memory, follows up when appropriate, has never once dismissed my concerns or questions, and has no problem referring to specialists when necessary. Plus she is just a lovely, caring person who treats all of her patients with respect and is a mom herself. All three of my kids have been under her care since their birth and they all adore her! I am saddened that she is not at the top of this list for Ottawa doctors (yet) and hope my referral helps get her there! (I do secretly wish she would open her own practice as I too have experienced some challenges with the front reception staff...but given she works in a clinic setting and does not hire the staff herself, I don't think it's fair to judge her on that.) Love her!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I love Dr. Vernooy. She really listens to what you are saying and has a terrific level of compassion.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Vernooy is excellent! Extremely thorough and caring. The reception staff are the only negative.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014