Ratings for Dr. Cathy Vernooy

She has been our family doctor for about 10 y ears. She is very knowledgeable, takes the time to take care of your needs, doesn't give medication without careful consideration. She is very kind, and concerned about the patient's needs. We were very blessed to find her.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Best doctor ever! we are so lucky to have her as our family doctor. Her knowledge is excellent and she is excellent with the kids too!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I am of the same sentiments as the others. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a efficienct compassionate, patient and kind person looking after me. Have been a patient since 2009 and feel very fortunate to have this wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I don't know if I can say enough positive things about my experience with Dr. Vernooy so far. I have been a patient of hers since October 2015 and have repeatedly been impressed by her level of compassion and efficiency. Dr. Vernooy listens carefully to concerns and has always been incredibly thorough - picking up on things that my previous physicians might have missed. On top of this, she is incredibly kind and knowledgeable - I feel very fortunate to have found such a wonderful family doctor!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

The best Dr we ever had hands down!! She is caring and has a gift of hearing you and your needs and taking them seriously.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Dr. Vernooy is hands down the BEST doctor I have ever had and I'm so grateful that I found her for myself and my three children almost 7 years ago. I share the same sentiments as the others here; she is kind, compassionate, extremely competent and knowledgeable, always patient and very thorough. She has a fantastic memory, follows up when appropriate, has never once dismissed my concerns or questions, and has no problem referring to specialists when necessary. Plus she is just a lovely, caring person who treats all of her patients with respect and is a mom herself. All three of my kids have been under her care since their birth and they all adore her! I am saddened that she is not at the top of this list for Ottawa doctors (yet) and hope my referral helps get her there! (I do secretly wish she would open her own practice as I too have experienced some challenges with the front reception staff...but given she works in a clinic setting and does not hire the staff herself, I don't think it's fair to judge her on that.) Love her!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I love Dr. Vernooy. She really listens to what you are saying and has a terrific level of compassion.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Vernooy is excellent! Extremely thorough and caring. The reception staff are the only negative.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Family doctor for approx 5 years. Very pleasant, never feel too terribly rushed although obviously a busy office. Dr. Vernooy is extremely caring, willing to make necessary referrals and friendly to deal with. Only complaint would be the unfriendlyfront line reception staff. It seems somewhat confused and overwhelmed. Not at all friendly even after many years as a patient.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

Dr. Vernooy is first rate! She has been my family doctor for about 7 years now, and I couldn't be happier. Where another doctor would have prescribed something or waved it off, she has consistently sought immediate and further diagnosis and attention for issues that I and my daughter have had in order to get the issue taken care of sooner rather than later. I am thankful that she is the attentive and knowledgeable doctor that she is! As a previous rater mentioned, the staff is NOT the best, and making appointments by phone is an exercise in futility. They can be ok at times, but often ignore the phone and are impatient with patients.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013