Ratings for Dr. Vinit K. Mahesh

Initially took my daughter and he was amazing. Years later took my son there and he has changed! He is extremely OCD and his nurse and him were even joking about how extreme he was. He acted afraid to touch my son. He snapped at me about my son's medication without even listening to what I said about it. Things he had told us about my daughter's asthma and how he treated it was now completely different. It was like he never had treated her that way or said those things. We were very pleased with him when he took care of my daughter. We feel he saved her life. She went from having severe spells and being on multiple medications to having a normal life, rarely having a bad spell with her asthma and being on 2 meds. He was Very friendly, caring, personable and an excellent dr. Returning with our son was almost the exact opposite. His asthma was no where near as severe and never had a serious spell but was put on multiple meds. Demeanor was changed. He questioned everything we did - which was the same as before - but now he was against it while before he supported it. Their description of his excessive OCD behaviors made me uncomfortable. I don't know what happened to him. I couldn't recommend him highly enough when he treated my daughter. But I couldn't recommend him at all now. :(

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Came in the room for a very short time and pretty muh put it off like it was my daughters fauly for her coughing and really rushed us out of the room.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

The nursing staff was excellent. However, the office staff could be a little friendlier - maybe smile. On Dr. Mahesh, he is one of the best doctor's concerning knowledge, bedside manner and explanation. I had a very good understanding of what was going on and what to expect after meeting with Dr. Mahesh.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

My son is a patient of Dr. Mahesh. We have had many pulmonologist and this dr is the BEST we have ever had. In addition to being an excellent dr. he is caring, kind and spends time with us like we are the only patient he has. We drive 6 hours one way to see him twice a year.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

We had to move from the area several years ago and called and canceled our appointments with the doctor's office several months in advance. We recently received a call from a collection agency that we owe $25 for not cancelling the appointment 2 years ago which we did prior to moving 900 miles away! Called the doc. office and they were unhelpful and said we'd have to pay and deal with the collection agency. They refused to remove this from the collection agency they had gave this to. The lady at the doc. office said she did not work there 2 years ago, so she refused to believe they had not documented the appointment was cancelled. Told me I should have contacted them sooner...this is the first we have heard from them. They will not even return my calls at this time in order for me to get the needed information I need to deal with this. Its only $25..we were patients for years and always paid in full...wow, they must be hurting for money.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

Dr. Mahesh is the best of the best. We've gone to him for years for my daughter's asthma. He was highly recommended by our pediatrician. He is so personable and puts my daughter at ease. He explains things so that we both understand and he always has time for questions. He takes the time to get to know our daughter and family and what our needs and concerns are. Never seems to be in a rush and does a great job being on time. The nurses are wonderful and efficient. The secretary has made a couple of scheduling errors over the years and can be a little short on the phone (but overall not enough to bring down the rating for the whole staff). We are lucky to have Dr. Mahesh in Huntsville!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Great doctor! He's got a wonderful bedside manner. He is great with kids. He explains everything about their medications. He takes the time to teach them how to use their inhalers. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2010

We were referred to Dr. Mahesh by our family doc for treatment of my son's asthma. This is one of the most punctual dr's offices I have ever seen! Dr. Mahesh has a great bedside manner and is wonderful with kids. He's very knowledgeable and always explains things throughly. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Vinit K. Mahesh's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med, Augusta Ga 30912 (Grad. 1985)