Ratings for Dr. Elaine J. Shapiro

She ruin my feet. I went in for Bunionectomy. I would not trust her to carry groceries out to my car.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Ver helpful and knowledgeable. Also very painless ingrown nail procedure.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

If you are thinking about having surgery with this physician, consider a second opinion. My experience with her was borderline incompetence. I say "borderline" because I feel a need to take some responsibility for putting my trust in her. My surgery occurred in 2006. I had complications afterwards which, instead of helping me, decided that it was simply coincidental and had nothing to do with the surgery. I consulted 2 other physicians who I think were simply polite in their response to her defensiveness. My issues with her were even more complex, so much so, that I have maintained a file of the entire scenario. So, if you have problems with an ingrown nail, perhaps this doctor is perfect -- more than that?... beware.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

I was reccomended to dr shapiro and waas very impressed .She resolved both my own and my daugters problems on the !st visit

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Very helpful and good. Showed up on time. Fixed my problem in one visit. Will go back, again and recomend anyone with a foot problem to see her.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

Dr. Shapiro didn't listen to my MAIN concern, jumped to her own conclusion of what was the WORST problem. In a short consult she was intimidating, aggressive and didn't offer alternative treatments. I was frightened into having a permanent procedure done, immediately. At the follow-up appointment I told her I couldn't believe I'd allowed her to perform the permanent procedure and that as I left the office after the last appointment I'd felt deflated, like I'd been run over by a steam roller. She proclaimed belligerently that THERE WAS NO OTHER OPTION, THAT PROCEDURE HAD TO BE DONE!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2008

incorrect information entered into patient record; rarely if ever on time for appointments; had to have third surgery by different doctor to correct problem arising from first two surgeries where the same problem arose; (Dr. Shapiro did the first two surgeries); professionasl manner lacking in that patients information was used aloud to compare one patients condition with another; using the patients name in front of the other patient; seemed unsure on how to correct problem and was accusatory towards the patient about not taking proper care when in fact ALL due care was tasken by the patient. These incidents were witnessed by a friend or my husband; one or the other accompanied me to almost all of my visits with the exception of two where I simply went to get orthotics and be fitted for the orthotics

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

Dr. Elaine J. Shapiro's Credentials

• Spanish

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1979)