Ratings for Dr. Eric Davenport

Excellent surgeon. His care and expertise was exceptional. I found him very intelligent and down to earth. His secretary is amazing as well very helpful.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Was referred to him for laparoscopic gallbladder removal surgery. His secretary was very helpful, they managed to fit me in to see the Dr right away. I saw him only 3 weeks after being referred to him.. and my surgery was booked 2 weeks after my pre-op appointment with him. I had the opportunity to have surgery done the following friday after my appointment with him, but declined as I was out of town. But anyway! His secretary was very helpful, the Dr himself was very punctual, and also very kind. He made me feel better about the surgery ( was very nervous about it) and took time to answer all of my questions. However the day of the surgery I was told that I would have the chance to talk to him before surgery started, but didn't get to, which the nurses were surprised about. The surgery itself went very well, I had no problems after with healing, and the post-op appointment with him also went very well. Overall I would recommend him, he does his job very well! I would definitely go back to see him for any other surgeries/scopes/procedures, etc.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

I have had a number of colonoscopies by Dr. Davenport. He is amazing and very down to earth. He's easy to talk to and knows what he's doing. He explains the procedure and gives you the answers you need to know. I would highly recommend him for surgery and if I ever need surgery I will be requesting him. He is funny and we always have a chuckle! I feel very comfortable around him and his secretary is very kind and helpful. Nothing but a good experience every time I visit the office or have a procedure!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Dr. Davenport has been an amazing Dr. to me in the last few years. I initially saw him in the emergency department. He was very friendly, and treated me very well. Since then, I have been seeing him, and I am so pleased with him. Recently, after another visit to the emergency department, I was referred to him again for a different thing. He saw me right away, and within two weeks of being diagnosed with gallstones, he had my gallbladder removed. I experienced minimal pain, and I have little incisions, that will likely leave none or little scars. He was thorough in telling me what the procedure involved, and what the concerns or complications were. Dr. Davenport has to be my favourite Dr. I don't know that I would go to anyone else...........

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I will give Dr. Davenport the benefit of the doubt regarding knowledge so rated him 4 for that. Unfortunately, I was not able to access that knowledge. On the day of my procedure he did not talk to me beforehand and only said one thing to me afterwards. My GP was concerned about a health issue and wanted to rule out some GI system issues with some scopes. I had lots of questions about my issues and my GP said Dr. Davenport would be a good person to talk to about them, so a referral was made. Many months later I received a call from Dr. Davenport's office saying my procedure had been scheduled and I would be mailed prep info. With so many questions I asked if I could instead book a short consultation with him and then I'd arrange the scopes following that. The receptionist arranged for that. When I met with Dr. Davenport at his office i appreciated how punctual he was. Let me preface this next part by saying I do not expect hand-holding from a doctor! But I do hope to be treated as though I'm not an inconvenience. Dr. Davenport answered most of my questions brusquely and in a way that made me feel stupid and as though I was wasting his time. I can accept pragmatic, straightforward answers from doctors and even appreciate a dark sense of humour, as mine is too. But Dr. Davenport was simply insensitive when it ought to have been clear I had legitimate concerns and some anxiety. My profession involves working with individuals facing difficult times and while it is not my job to be sympathetic (i.e. to suffer along side them), I treat them with dignity and some empathy, even if they're a pain in the butt. I left the consultation and was in tears as soon as I stepped outside. I was left with more questions and anxiety upon leaving, as well as embarrassment as I'd been made to feel foolish by a doctor who would be performing a somewhat invasive (to patients, at least - perhaps not to doctors) procedure. I refrained from offering up a review following that, deciding to wait instead until the procedure, knowing that of most importance is that a doctor is competent. I also understand that we're all human and have off days. Now that my procedure is over I am just as displeased with his manner. I appreciate the procedure went smoothly. I respect his competence. But he ignored me when I tried to talk to him prior to the procedure. I was told by the nurse I would have the chance to talk to him first. My worry was the prep had not been successful despite my having followed the instructions to the letter. I was taken into the room and a resident and student were all I had contact with. Things moved very quickly. I tried to talk to Dr. Davenport who was in the room but was ignored and I was sedated before I could do anything else. While recovering he spoke to me for several seconds, which essentially consisted of my not needing to return to see him. Great outcome! I feel for anyone who has findings from their procedure that require a follow-up. I realize I am fortunate. But I'm also not a robot on a conveyor belt there to intentionally waste his time so would prefer to have not been treated like one by him.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

I can't yet rate the doctor, but the receptionist has not been pleasant. I have called several times and she is very abrasive and says "I'm in the middle of clinic" as though the call to schedule an appointment is a bother to her. I have been told I would receive a call back and have not, so I have had to call numerous times just to schedule my appointment. This has included lengthy hold times as well. This is not a good first impression, but obviously no reflection on the doctor.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Davenport is a knowledgable surgeon - my surgery was successful, & I was left with a very neat incision, & the scar will heal up very nicely. Overall, it was a pleasant experience, having him as my doctor. He was never rushed, he always took the time to answer questions and make sure I understood. I truly appreciate his hard work.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Very knowledgeable doc. Caring. Intellectual and down to earth. A specialist who treats his patients on their level. Staff very helpful. Overall nice man

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

I found him to be a thorough and caring doctor, although he was quite vague on some things that still left me with a lot of questions.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

he is the most helpful and caring doctor I have ever had he made me feel like what I had to say was important I strongly recomened him to others

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014