Ratings for Dr. François Riendeau

I had a terrible experience with this doctor. I was told that I could go back to work 2-3 days after having my wisdom teeth removed. After a full week I was still swollen and in pain with bruising on my face. When I called to inquire I was told that this was completely normal. I was never made aware that this was a possibility and was forced to miss more work than expected. To make things worse, after seeing him for a follow up he told me that everything was fine and that the holes where my wisdom teeth were would soon close. He was very dismissive and seamed like he just wanted to rush me out of there. The holes were pretty big and food kept getting stuck. I went to see a dentist closer to where I worked and she was shocked that he did not give me the proper tools for cleaning the holes. There was tons of food that had built up there and it was beginning to irritate the gum. Once I received what I needed to clean the holes I was fine. Then approximately 2 months after the surgery I woke up with a swollen face again. I did not return to see Dr. Riendeau. I went to see my dentist and was informed that I had a gum infection and an abscess where the holes were. My dentist told me that it was odd that the holes were left so big.

Submitted July 19, 2016

Good surgeon - knowledgable -good service and after service was great - I had questions and he answered his cell phone- my dentist referred me to him and it went well.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

He is the same doctor who is practicing in Ste-Anne de Bellevue. Trying to start fresh in Candiac? Be careful... Do your researchs before putting your health into his hands. I had one big surgery (jaw reconstruction) with him many years ago at Lake Shore Hospital and my face was worst after the surgery. A few years ago I met 2 nurses from that hospital who told me we was an incompetent working only for the money. So many doctors out there, take the time to choose one who has an ethic sens.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013