Ratings for Dr. Agron Alija

This doctor left a terrible taste in my mouth! I barely get an appt in a timely manner so when I did go in to see him I had many issues to discuss. First off he was obviously irritated and angry. He asked me what I was in for and I exclaimed I was sorry but I did have a few things to discuss. . He said ok as he turned his back to me. I listed two things & he was rude about those implying its no big deal. Mind you I'm already feeling bad enough thati have these problems. .Then I began to tell him more as they were important & he stopped me in my tracks and actually in an argry irritated tone of voice said stop! You come to me with ONE thing. .I have too many patients to do this. I was so offended that I walked out feeling worse then I came in. I wanted to cry! I felt so unimportant. .like I wasted his time coming to him with my major issues. I will be looking to find another doctor. I have never been made to feel like I was just a number by any other doctors in my life. It turned me off to even wanting to take care of my health. I would never recommend this doctor, ever! Thanks. Next time I will do my research myself.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Dr. Alija is fantastic. He always listens to my concerns, I don't feel rushed, and he takes the time to explain things to me when I'm worried about my health. His bedside manner is great and he's very knowledgeable. The only downside is that it can sometimes take weeks to get in to see him. Otherwise, he's an amazing doctor to have!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr Alija treated my 83 yr mother in emerg in Newbury and he was very knowledgeable. Put our minds at ease. Great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

I would never recommend Dr. Alija. Although he is good in appointments (if you can get one - usually they just refer you to their "after hours clinic", where you will wait hours for a 10 minute appointment that you get rushed through. If you insist on an appointment, you're looking at a 3-4 week wait), he never follows up on anything!! Numerous times I have had blood work, ultrasounds done that he has referred me for, and I have to call the clinic numerous times to try and chase him down. Not once has the clinic called to tell me my results are in, and when you try and book a follow up appointment, it's nearly impossible. He refuses to speak to you on the phone, which is also irritating for someone who lives an hour away - if the test is negative for something, can't you or your staff communicate that over the phone instead of wasting my time!? For someone dealing with on-going health issues, timely follow up to these tests is pretty important. Summary? Don't waste your time, try one of the other doctors at the clinic.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Love my doctor! He's so sweet and every helpful! Finally found a good doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

He knows what to do for you and is great with his advice

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

This Doctor is definitely on a turn style operation. Forget about seeing him in a couple of days, more like in a couple of months... Find another Doctor if you can. Oh, and by the way the walk in clinic policy is ridiculous to say the least...

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

When my last doctor told me that he was retiring, I was very concerned about replacing him. I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Alija as my new doctor. Every issue that has come up, he has dealt with very efficiently. Whenever I need to see him before my next appointment, I have no trouble getting in to see him. He always seems to know what questions to ask and is great at following up with appropriate tests. I don't see him as often as my last doctor, but he has assured me that he is here if I need him. I always find him to be very pleasant and he's very observant about things like weight loss, etc.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr Alija has been my rock!!! For starters I have had extreme insomnia even as a child, seen may be 50 doctors who tried me on everything. Dr Alija suggested a pill to change my life- amatryptalin. I now sleep like a normal person. About a year ago I took a fall and Every part of me was impacted. Then finally I had to find out I had bipolar. I never thought I'd feel better cause there was so much to fix. Everytime I went to his office it was with a list of concerns and he would address each and Every one of them. In the worst time of my life n he was there for me like a friend I'll never forget it. I told him I was taking a HERBAL medicine for pain and on his day off did the research for me to make sure it was safe, that's dedication! He has restored my faith in doctors as I nearly died from jaundice and as was told never to go back to the hospital by an e.r doctor I carried that anger for years but Dr Alija made up for it. If he is busy it's because he is in demand! You'll be lucky to have him as a Dr and if your unhappy with him move on cause it's a privilege to be his patient

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Dr. Alija is great. I was very much over weight (BMI of 51) and asked for a referral to the bariatric surgery network. I had the surgery and am now down 130 lbs and my BMI is 32. I feel great and would reccomend the surgery to anyone. Surgery is a great tool. If Dr. Alija recomends the surgery for you it's because it works. Once your body reaches a certin point, diet and excercise tend not to work anymore... Your body fights you to get back to your original weight. Anyway, if you're overweight like I was, don't take offence to him suggesting weight loss surgery. It's because you need it, and if you don't lose weight you will most likely die a premature death.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014