Ratings for Dr. James A. Marquardt

My husband was horrified. Dr. M. Refused to take my calls at term for 5 days. This was early in his career. The result has scared me for life. Our second pregnancy was perfect. I would never recommend dr. Marquardt.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

I went to see Dr. Marquardt after I found out I was pregnant and than 10 weeks later found out I was having a miscarriage. He was very considerate and patient as I had to bring my 4 year old son with me. He answered all my questions and I felt as though I had a better understanding of what was going on and what I would be expecting in the next few weeks. He also worked with me to find a pain medication that would work with my body as I am very sensitive to medication. I appreciated the fact that he listened to everything I had concerns about and talked to me very matter of factly. With as many years of experience Dr. Marquardt has I felt completely comfortable going to see him and will continue to see him and his staff for all my personal needs.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Marquardt kept me waiting for about 20 minutes in the exam room while undressed from the waist down. When he came into the room it was without a knock or introduction and he left the door wide open behind him. The nurse came in momentarily after him, but seeing the door wide open was disconcerting none the less. This was my first time meeting the man and my impression was soured immediately. My copal pap was painful and I am sure that he did not use any lubrication with the speculum. As a pregnant woman, I expected he might help me to sit up from the table after the exam. To my disbelief he left me to struggle on my own. After the exam, I wanted to cry between the pain I felt from the exam and the treatment I had just received. I am 30 years old and have experienced many paps and have never been treated with such a lack of tact. I do not recommend Dr. Marquardt based on this personal experience.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

I have been a patient of this physician for the past seven years or so. I have had Dr. Marquardt for two deliveries and several gynecological issues and have been very pleased. I actually would say that my experiences and relationship with the physician have improved over the years. Dr. Marquardt is compassionate, detailed, and overall, quite caring. Most importantly, he is an excellent physician. My only complaint would be that there is often poor communication between the various offices. I would suggest, if you use this practice that you stick with one office for treatment.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

I would not recommend Dr. Marquardt due to bad personal experience. He failed to diagnose my condition through hysteroscopy which I discovered when I went for a second opinion and the ob/gyn was astounded by the size of the uterine fibroid I had. It should never have been missed by a competent physician.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

Dr. Marquardt has been my OB for the past 5 years or so. He is on the serious side, but he is a great doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and is also willing to work with you on a reasonable schedule (e.g. he doesn't try something for too long). His staff is wonderful -always a pleasure to work with. "Warm and fuzzy" is not his thing, but it is very clear that he cares a great deal about his patients and is on top of things when it comes to your health care. I would recommend him wholeheartedly to anyone needing an OBGYN on the South Shore.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Marquardt's since 2003 and would agree that he is not warm and fuzzy, however, he is extremely knowledgeable and very capable. I trust him implicitly concerning my health and that of my baby's when I was pregnant. I must say that he has excellent staff members who make up for his lack of "fuzziness" that balances it all out. I plan to continue to use him and would recommend him on the basis of his skill level to anyone neding an OBGYN.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Marquardt's for several years now and he has always been great. He may not be a warm and fuzzy type be he knows what he is doing and is more than willing to answer any questions that I have. My husband and I had our first child in 2006 and he and the entire staff were just wonderful. He is an excellent doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2008

I would not recommend Dr. Marquardt. Yes he may know how to deliver babies (as the previous post says) but I believe there are many OB/GYNs out there that know how to deliver babies and have a better bedside manner. I agree with the previous post that states he makes you feel stupid when you talk to him. Sometimes it seems he does not believe what you are telling him whether it be symptoms or previous history (which is documented in a chart). In my opinion bedside manner is extremely important for an OB/GYN since you need to be able to share some of your most intimate and private problems with him/her and I was never able to this with him.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

I am a nurse and have had great experiences with Dr. Marquardt. He sincerely knows his stuff. I felt that he took good care of me when I had my son and thereafter. He has returned my phone calls promptly and is ready to answer what questions I may have based on my previous history, current history etc.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2007

Dr. James A. Marquardt's Credentials

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1978)