Ratings for Dr. Lennox Mirander

We had problems with requisitions not being send, and several communications failures with our midwife. I am not sure what caused the problems but it surely made for complications. We also felt some arrogance towards us. Unfortualy we did not have favorable overall experiences and decided it was not a place that would suit our families need.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Excellent family Doctor! My entire family sees him and we have never had a problem. His office always makes, time the same day, for my toddler when she's sick.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Lennox Mirander seems to be reasonably knowledgable, but in my experiences with him he was uncompassionate and rude.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I am very surprised to see the negative comments re Dr Mirander! He is very helpful, friendly and concerned! I agree that he or staff forget to pass on referals and reply to Pharmacy Emails, but he is a compassionate involved Physician!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Lennox Mirander for 4+ years. If you need a referral for anything - physical issue, mental issue, x-ray, special test, etc he is INCOMPETENT as they come. NOT his staff - I have had over 5-6 situations with Dr. Mirander were he has blamed his staff - BS - it's him. I don't know if he doesn't care, has major personal issues or is just fully incompetent, but I would not take him on as your doctor if you require anything that requires outside help.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

A terrific doctor but the medical centre staff are often rude and dismissive. Not everyone, but enough to make it seem like they are doing YOU a favour for going to their medical clinic. I hope they clean this up or train their staff better.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

He is great for small issues. He is a great person and easy to talk to Awful AWFUL at referral I called 7 times wait moths for a referral that never got. Switch doctor and got a referral and surgery in no time wih new doctor

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I just passed on Dr. Mirander's name to a family who are looking for a family doctor in the Oakville area. After reading the comments posted in the comments section I was taken aback by the negative comments posted. I had a massive heart attack in 2013 clinically dead, but lucky survivor. I did not have a family doctor at the time, and Sunnybrook Hospital would not release me without one. Dr. Mirander took me on has one of his patients on very short notice and he has been my ace in the hole since then ,period! He and his staff in tandem with my doctors at Sunnybrook set me up with all I could ever want to insure a complete recovery, including establishing me with a great cardiologist in Oakville, enrolling me into a physio program at the Oakville Y.M.C.A. His entire staff, within all departments are polite and encouraging. Needless to say, their blood lab is on site is staffed with a caring technician,and with all the blood taken from me over the first yearI was pleased about that. To be sure not everything runs perfectly within doctors offices, but even the glitches that might occur have to be attributed to ourselves sometimes,without always passing blame to others. For what its worth the good Dr. Mirander and his staff have my gratitude for taking care of me to insure I keep up with whats necessary for my continued great health. Just an opinion, thanks!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

This doctor has always treated my mother with respect and kindness. He is an awesome doctor and I will keep taking my mother to him till I can with her health. Thank you Dr .Mirander

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr. Mirander is an excellent Doctor. Very knowledgeable and thorough. Unfortunately he is being sabotaged by his own staff who directly blame him for any lacunae on their own part. The Doctor ordered an emergency Stress test for me to be done within a week. When my cardiologist did not receive the form, I called the office. They said they will speak to him and revert to me. I waited 2 days and then visited them personally. The lady I spoke to said I didn't here from the doctor and referred me to the nurse. I spoke to the nurse, who checked my details on the system and said will take care of it. Nothing! After the weekend. I call the nurse, she says I will check and revert as it was the orher nurse - Again nothing. Ultimately I call the reception for an appointment with the Doctor. she gives 8:50 AM in the morning. I tell her I cannot make it and explain I only need to meet the doctor to sort out the test appt problem. She refuses and insists on giving me a time 4 days later in the week. I ask her who is to blame if God forbid I suffer a heart attack. She callously said blame the Doctor. I was shocked! The staff have zero concern for the well being of the patient. I don't want to change my Doctor. But I don't want to be at the mercy of such a callous staff who are his gatekeeper. And yeah this same staff did not get my blood report 2 months back so I had to repeat the blood test! Great doctor but terrible staff. I intend to take this matter up with him as I personally feel the staff is to blame.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016