Ratings for Dr. Walter Medwidsky

I have been to Dr Medwidsky on numerous occasions and have found him to be thoroughly professional and knowledgable. His diagnoses have been spot on. His secretary has also been very helpful in scheduling appointments at short notice, and with a plastic surgeon. He came highly recommended by my (excellent) family doctor.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2018

Should not ever be allowed to practice. Went in for rash on face and he wanted me to take my clothes off!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Very condescending and gave me a wrong diagnosis. Saw him for angular chelitis. He refused my request to take a culture, concluding that it was fungal, and his "advice" was to stop licking my lips (which I don't do). Lectured me and seemed uninterested in what i had to say. Saw another dermatologist who took a culture, discovered the problem was in fact bacterial (staph) and treated properly.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

I have been seeing him for 5 years. Very thorough and has a healthy sense of humour. Genuinely nice person.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

I was a patient of Dr. Medwidsky in the mid 80's. I was diagnosed with herpes and upon a visit he asked me to drop my pants and have a look at my penis. He said, "I will do acupuncture"! So, he took needles and stuck them into the head of my penis! Not once, but twice on two separate visits! I have never got over the embasrrassment and the pain I endured with this doctor! I have never heard of this procedure and think that I was abused at a very young age!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Literally the most condescending doctor I've ever encountered in my life. Seemed minimally interested in what I had to say, with respect to my issues or with respect to what prior treatments I've tried, and instead just proceeded to lecture me. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

I have seen Dr. Medwidsky for 20 years and found him to be very thorough and knowledgeable. He is respectful of his patients and their time (no long waits). I had a problem while in Florida and he helped me over the phone with an accurate diagnosis and treatment. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Found out today - from another dermatologist - that I have SCABIES. Medwidsky completely and totally missed this. How is it possible this quack is still in business?

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Should this guy still be practicing? Saw him this afternoon, had to repeat myself constantly. Could not get it straight, how long I'd been on certain meds and how long I'd had skin issues. Couldn't decide whether I should up my meds or decrease them. Wouldn't look at the problem skin areas. Finally reco'd some drugstore products that I couldn't find. I'll never get this afternoon back, and my problem is still there. Waste of time.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I have been going to De. Medwidsky since I move to Cobourg from Ottawa. He is a straight forward doctor who tells you the facts. I have have basil skin cancer and he treats me like a person not a number.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016