Ratings for Dr. Walter Medwidsky

I have seen Dr. Medwidsky for 20 years and found him to be very thorough and knowledgeable. He is respectful of his patients and their time (no long waits). I had a problem while in Florida and he helped me over the phone with an accurate diagnosis and treatment. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Found out today - from another dermatologist - that I have SCABIES. Medwidsky completely and totally missed this. How is it possible this quack is still in business?

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Should this guy still be practicing? Saw him this afternoon, had to repeat myself constantly. Could not get it straight, how long I'd been on certain meds and how long I'd had skin issues. Couldn't decide whether I should up my meds or decrease them. Wouldn't look at the problem skin areas. Finally reco'd some drugstore products that I couldn't find. I'll never get this afternoon back, and my problem is still there. Waste of time.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I have been going to De. Medwidsky since I move to Cobourg from Ottawa. He is a straight forward doctor who tells you the facts. I have have basil skin cancer and he treats me like a person not a number.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Medwidsky tells the same joke every time I see him. He gave me a gel for my rosacea/acne that made my skin burn and peel! I will not go back to him again.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I really, really do not like this doctor. I have gone to him for my acne. I have had it for years and have gone to him many, many times and nothing he has ever prescribed has ever worked for me. I really feel like he doesn't take me seriously. I told him that an antibiotic he prescribed gave me a yeast infection (like antibiotics often do) and then he prescribed me a different strain of the same medication and it caused the same problems! I told him my problem and he completely ignored it. this has happened many times over the years. I just don't think he listens well enough or takes my concerns seriously.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

We brought pictures on ipad and all medications taken and using. This included medicine for the skin problem as well as the Parkinson's medication. Very important to show what the skin looked like before the appointment. He complimented us on the detail of pictures and progression of skin issue (35 pictures) Dr asked a lot of questions regarding exposure etc. was very helpful and explained problem. We were able to ask all questions we had, and he answered them all. Listed out to us the next steps we each need to take. We were extremely satisfied.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

Dr. Medwidsky had been my dermatologist for 35 years. He is,simply,the best. An unusual personality, but a great dermatologist. Don't go to him for hand holding or warm feelings. But if you want your problem fixed, do what he says and all will be fine.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Asked for photos of problem to look at and if no photos taken, not willing to look at problem skin. Photo he looked at didn't give him the ability to see up close and diagnose properly. Brushing problem off like it was a scar, when it was actually a problem needing meds. Rushed me out the door and gave me a false diagnosis.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013