Ratings for Dr. Walter Medwidsky

Very condescending and gave me a wrong diagnosis. Saw him for angular chelitis. He refused my request to take a culture, concluding that it was fungal, and his "advice" was to stop licking my lips (which I don't do). Lectured me and seemed uninterested in what i had to say. Saw another dermatologist who took a culture, discovered the problem was in fact bacterial (staph) and treated properly.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

I have been seeing him for 5 years. Very thorough and has a healthy sense of humour. Genuinely nice person.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

I was a patient of Dr. Medwidsky in the mid 80's. I was diagnosed with herpes and upon a visit he asked me to drop my pants and have a look at my penis. He said, "I will do acupuncture"! So, he took needles and stuck them into the head of my penis! Not once, but twice on two separate visits! I have never got over the embasrrassment and the pain I endured with this doctor! I have never heard of this procedure and think that I was abused at a very young age!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Literally the most condescending doctor I've ever encountered in my life. Seemed minimally interested in what I had to say, with respect to my issues or with respect to what prior treatments I've tried, and instead just proceeded to lecture me. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

I have seen Dr. Medwidsky for 20 years and found him to be very thorough and knowledgeable. He is respectful of his patients and their time (no long waits). I had a problem while in Florida and he helped me over the phone with an accurate diagnosis and treatment. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Found out today - from another dermatologist - that I have SCABIES. Medwidsky completely and totally missed this. How is it possible this quack is still in business?

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Should this guy still be practicing? Saw him this afternoon, had to repeat myself constantly. Could not get it straight, how long I'd been on certain meds and how long I'd had skin issues. Couldn't decide whether I should up my meds or decrease them. Wouldn't look at the problem skin areas. Finally reco'd some drugstore products that I couldn't find. I'll never get this afternoon back, and my problem is still there. Waste of time.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I have been going to De. Medwidsky since I move to Cobourg from Ottawa. He is a straight forward doctor who tells you the facts. I have have basil skin cancer and he treats me like a person not a number.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Medwidsky tells the same joke every time I see him. He gave me a gel for my rosacea/acne that made my skin burn and peel! I will not go back to him again.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I really, really do not like this doctor. I have gone to him for my acne. I have had it for years and have gone to him many, many times and nothing he has ever prescribed has ever worked for me. I really feel like he doesn't take me seriously. I told him that an antibiotic he prescribed gave me a yeast infection (like antibiotics often do) and then he prescribed me a different strain of the same medication and it caused the same problems! I told him my problem and he completely ignored it. this has happened many times over the years. I just don't think he listens well enough or takes my concerns seriously.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015