Ratings for Dr. J. Dewayne Tooson

I am always pleased with the friendliness of the staff and the knowledge and compassion of Dr. Tooson. Happily, my wait time is always short so it's easy to schedule the day.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I have been dealing with stomach issues for years-seeing Dr's off and on trying to get IBS, relfux etc under control. Unfortunately I was not always able to get to a GI Dr on a regular basis and so my stomach problems escalated. I was referred to Dr. Tooson by a friend who is also a current patient. We are currently working to get my stomach health in order. Dr. Tooson was very easy to talk with about my problems and was truly concerned about them. I would recommend Dr. Tooson and his staff to anyone dealing with these sometimes life interfering GI problems.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr Tooson was professional and extremely helpful. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Great physician! Very respectful and handled my situation with care and kindness. Would recommend to anyone needing care in this field.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

i liked the way he listened to me and asked questions when i was finish talking. he went over everything and let me ask all the questions i wanted.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

Very pleasant doctor patient conversation. Staff and doctor presented them professionally.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Out of all the doctors I have ever met (and my family is full of rude doctors), Dr. Tooson is absolutely the rudest, least professional, and least interested doctor I have ever met. He struck me as the kind of person who became a doctor to flirt with nurses (he has an awful reputation for this, thisis why I initially specified that I wanted to see any doctor from his practice other than Dr. Dewayne Tooson, because I had already heard of his reputation for laziness and unprofessional behavior). Much to my dismay, when I went to GI Associates of West Alabama, despite requesting anyone but Dr. Tooson, I ended up having to see Dr. Tooson for my chronic stomach conditions (which are quite violent and plainly evident). Dr. Julius Dewayne Tooson did not attempt to treat my symptoms, gave me nothing for my daily vomiting and diarrhea, didnt even tell me to change my diet for that matter! After my operation, he didnt even tell me how it went.

Submitted April 15, 2012

Dr. J. Dewayne Tooson's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Avmed