Ratings for Dr. Neeru Gupta

The quintessential medical Healer - comes to mind when I write this review about Dr. Gupta. She is not only a brilliant surgeon, a painstaking professional, the ultimate perfectionist in her work - Dr. Gupta is also most compassionate, patient and seems to transcend all ages. I cannot recommend her highly enough. Her assistant Lara - runs the show! Keeps everything flowing, is attentive and keeps you informed every step of the way.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2019

Dr. Gupta has been my glaucoma specialist of choice for the past seventeen years. Even though it is a round trip of five hours to see her, it is well worth it as once there I know that I am in very capable hands. Dr. Gupta is a caring and compassionate physician who listens to her patients. She has a well earned reputation as being a highly skilled surgeon. The office atmosphere is warm and inviting. She has taken great care to choose her staff carefully. Lara, her assistant, is a gem. She is calm, cheerful, patient and efficient. Judging by the bedside manner of her medical students, the future of medicine is in good hands. Thank you Dr. Gupta, from the bottom of my heart, for giving me such consistently exemplary care over the years. Your eternally grateful patient - Linda K.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2019

Sometimes Life gives us the gift to meet people who will be in our hearts forever. This person is the Doctor Neeru Gupta. My case was very difficult, and from my first appointment which was greatly organized by assistant Lora., I have got a hope, Dr. Gupta step by step very professionally and patiently untied knot by knot of my problems. Dr. Gupta is amazing surgeon and her assistant Lora did miracle job . Dr. Gupta has a talent to bring believe and confidence to people to fight for health. Dr. Gupta lightening my life . My vision back to me. I am blessed to meet this professional team. There are not enough words to express my appreciation to Doctor for my happiness. Now I can drive my favourite car, I can see my grandkids, I can be part of normal world. Thanks a lot absolutely outstanding Dr. Gupta. Vladimir Chalkevitch

flag | Submitted September 10, 2019

Dr. Gupta is an amazing surgeon, very thorough in her examination, very professional, very people friendly, compassionate, and caring. Her work is of the highest quality and her staff are incredible, professional and amazing. I love the experience and care I have received from there. I had a multiple surgeries regarding my vision and each experience have been charm. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone who need eye surgery.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2019

Dr. Gupta saved me from having unnecessary surgery on my eyes. She is extemely knowledgeable and kind. Her assistant Lara is very helpful and pleasant when booking appointments.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2019

Before I met Dr.Neeru Gupta,I have been trying to find a specialist to take care of my eyes.It had been very stressful experience,that left me more depressed than I had had been before. Anxiety and fear made me unable to deal with my first appointment.My daughter brought me to the hospital; she was the one who kept talking,answering questions. The Doctor’s soothing voice,warming smile,encouraging look at me ,made me calming slowly down .The Doctor examined my eyes,and found out that I had the cataracts ,which had to be removed.She provided us with informations regarding the whole procedures .The Doctor explained it in a clear manner; Her concise information let me comprehend:what? why? how? it will be done.Knowing what to expect made me feel good.I underwent the surgery;everything worked out very well The whole treatment process was carried out without stress ,in atmosphere of peace and quiet as if it was not the hospital,surgery and depressed patient. From the very beginning Dr. Neeru Gupta aroused my confidence.In her presence I’ve got calmer;paralyzing stress slowly faded away ; communication problems disappeared.With time my emotional condition has significantly improved. Despite having very busy schedule theDoctor gave me as much time as needed.She listened carefully ,responded whenever asked , always doing it with kindness and patience.Needless to say,Her devotion to the patients is her outstanding personality.TheDoctor’s great expertise,excellent communication,good organization and ,first of all, Her outstanding personalities have resulted in creating the environment where the patient can feel as good as I did. I would like to express my gratitude to Dr. NEERU GUPTA for everything She has done for me. Turning to my former sight has changed my daily life making it easier,safer as happier. My independent life has been prolonged. THANK YOU from the depth of my heart. Many thanks to LAURA the assistant of Dr.Gupta,for being so supportive;always patient and kind,for your willingness to help.Alina for your great willingness to help

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

I just wanted to say Happy New Year. Thanks to you I can celebrate with my family and enjoy the holiday. Thank you so much for your wonderful care.

Submitted December 31, 2018

Thank you Dr. Gupta for two very successful cataract surgeries. You made the process very easy and comfortable.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

Thank you, Dr. Gupta, for the successful surgery. The outcome was more than what we had expected. Your expertise, knowledge and efficiency are so much appreciated. I would also like to thank your kind and supportive staff. Lorna S.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2018

Dr Neeru Gupta is an amazing surgeon and advocate for her patients. God bless you Dr Gupta for saving my husbands eyesight!

Submitted August 23, 2018

Dr. Neeru Gupta's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Neeru Gupta MD PhD MBA FRCSC DABO Dr. Neeru Gupta is a surgeon, scientist and educator, and Chief of Glaucoma at the University of Toronto. She holds the Dorothy Pitts Chair of Ophthalmology and is Founding Director of the Glaucoma Unit at St. Michael’s Hospital, where she has led numerous clinical trials related to new treatments for glaucoma. She is active in the international community as Vice President of the International Council of Ophthalmology, and as a member of the Board of Governors of the World Glaucoma Association and the Pan American Association of Ophthalmology. She serves the Global Advisors Committee for the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology for Research Training. Past leadership roles include President of the Canadian Glaucoma Society, Chair of the ARVO Glaucoma Section, and Chair of the American Glaucoma Society Scientific Program Committee. She has published numerous scientific articles and is internationally recognized for seminal contributions to our understanding of glaucoma as a neurodegenerative disease (http://www.nytimes.com/ref/health/healthguide/esn-glaucoma-ess.html) and the discovery of lymphatic drainage from the eye. She is an Editorial Board Member of Investigative Ophthalmology and Vision Science, Asia Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology, and Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, and IGR. Past honors include election to the Glaucoma Research Society, with awards from the New York Academy of Medicine, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology, and the Glaucoma Research Society of Canada. She received the national 2015 Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce Female Professional of the Year Award, and in 2016 was honored with election to the Academia Ophthalmologica Internationalis. Dr. Gupta received her medical degree from the University of Manitoba, and doctorate degree at the University of British Columbia. Following ophthalmology residency at University of Toronto, she completed Ophthalmic Pathology fellowship at the University of Toronto, and subspecialty fellowship in Glaucoma at the University of California, San Diego. She earned a Master of Business Administration from Joseph Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto. She is board certified by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

• English