Ratings for Dr. John Kershman

Dr Kershman and his wonderful team have over 30 years have changed my life for the better through restorative work and maintenance. He has taken me caringly, gently and skillfully through extensive periodontics, adult orthodontics, oral hygiene, maxillofacial surgery. He has always been available when emergencies arise. I am lucky to have met him and consider him a good friend. Anyone looking for an oral superman must consider Dr. John I Kershman and his team. I have been a patient for 30 years and give him the highest possible rating.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Dr. John Kershman's response
Thank you so much for your kind words! We're happy to have you as part of our family!

Submitted October 2, 2019

Dr. Kershman save my child from having to undergo unnecessary surgery. After a junior dentist at another clinic made a poor diagnosis, we went to see Dr. Kershman for a second opinion. He took us very quickly and was very swift in coming to a conclusion. Dr. Kershman then called the surgeon and explained why it was not necessary and had it cancelled. In my opinion, Dr. Kershman exhibits everything that we expect from a specialist: efficiency and competence (and the reputation that makes other doctors listen). Sir, you have my deepest thanks!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2019

Dr. John Kershman's response
You're very welcome. Thank you for trusting in our office, and we're so happy we were able to help.

Submitted October 2, 2019

Dr. Kershman was very efficient in my orthodontic consultation and he was very polite and respectful with his recommendations for my next steps.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2019

Dr. John Kershman's response
Thank you for your wonderful comments! We strive for efficiency and respect at all times. Happy you had a positive experience.

Submitted October 2, 2019

Awful place. Front desk service is so-so. this office never gave me reminder calls. But when I sit in the reception area, I hear the receptionist make calls like. The hygienists are cold and don't speak. As for this Dr. Kershman? Cold. Rude. When asked for information, he answers like I should know, and often feel like my questions are a waste of his time. So I don't ask anymore, i just pray he offers information. he doesn't even communicate with my child. I do not recommend this place of business!

Submitted May 30, 2019

Dr. John Kershman's response
Thank you for your feedback. We regularly send reminder emails and call patients who have long appointments scheduled. Dr. Kershman and staff would be pleased to answer any questions and concerns that you have about treatment. Please don't hesitate to reach out to the office.

Submitted August 26, 2019

Mr. Kershman is a rude and stiff .He feels hard to explain the rationale for his treatment suggestions. He is less than average skills. We had a terrible experience with him. We strongly will not recommend him to anyone.

Submitted January 25, 2019

Dr. John Kershman's response
Thank you for your feedback. Dr. Kershman and staff would be pleased to discuss your treatment and answer any questions you have. Please don't hesitate to call the office for a review appointment.

Submitted August 26, 2019

Dr.Kershman was able to restore my smile. I had a severe case of crooked teeth that took 3 years to correct. I now have a perfect smile and have been getting many compliments and feel most confident with my smile. No doubt in my mind that Dr Kershman is the best orthodontist around. Very knowledgeable and dedicated to his craft. Only negatives is that you may be waiting for a while for a simple checkup or to see the doctor, it gets very busy, the clinic is outdated, old and due for new renovations. One of the receptionists at the front is very rude...it seems to be that she hates her job which is unfortunate because it reflects onto the clients who do not need that negative energy everytime they are in the clinic. Staff on other hand is great, special thanks to Lena and Sophia.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2018

Dr. Kershman and staff are the very best in the city. Eleanor, Sophia and the two incredibly helpful receptionists are outstanding.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2018

I had searched for a longtime for an orthodontist that can make my teeth look the way I wanted. Finally I met Dr. Kershman, he is an excellent orthodontist who fixed my teeth like no other doctors could, he is very professional, with skills and knowledge to transform my teeth to perfect. His expertise was above and beyond my expectation, with the greatest technology and also he has a wonderful pleasant staff.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Wonderful doctor and staff! Such a great experience here.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

Dr. Kershman is the best and has helped me so much. His staff are very friendly, efficient and helpful also and the office environment is casual, welcoming and positive. The latest technology makes sure that the patient receives the best and most accurate care. The cleaning with the hygienist is the best I've ever had. Thank you Dr. Kershman, you are truly amazing!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Dr. John Kershman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Kershman is a highly qualified orthodontist and periodontist with over 25 years of experience. An Ottawa native, he received a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Ottawa, then graduated from Montreal's McGill University Faculty of Dentistry. He spent the following year as a resident dental surgeon at the Montreal General Hospital. Based on his outstanding academic achievement, Dr Kershman was admitted to the graduate dentistry program in the dual specialties of Orthodontics and Periodontics at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Only one candidate per year was chosen to enter this program. Upon graduation in 1985, he received the Outstanding Achievement Award from the University's Department of Orthodontics. As well, Dr. Kershman was a Clinical Instructor of Orthodontics at the University and Director of the Undergraduate Orthodontic Laboratory Program in 1985. Dr Kershman established his practice as an Orthodontist and Periodontist in Ottawa at 1579 Bank Street in January of 1986. Committed to advancing the standards of his profession, he attends conferences regularly to learn new techniques in Orthodontics and Periodontics and apply new technologies. Dr Kershman is an active member of the Ottawa Dental Society. He was honoured in 2006 by the Dentistry Canada Fund with the 'OUTSTANDING INDIVIDUAL PHILANTHROPIST" Award.

• French
  • English

• Distinguished Graduate Student, Department of Orthodontics, University of Pennsylvania

Request an Appointment