Ratings for Dr. Howard Yanofsky

I feel like there is a timer set whenever I see him. His goal is to get me out of the door within 2 minutes. They schedule a lot (too many) patients per day. The only way they manage to see all of the patients is to rush frantically through every session. I respect his knowledge and experience. But at the end of the day, this is more of a business, and less of an empathetic meeting with patients who require his help for the sake of their well being.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

I was warned by several people to NOT waste my time going to see this doctor because I would wait too long, because he would be super quick with me, because he was a jerk, because he didn't know what he was talking about and on and on and on. Well, I was very desperate, had an all over head to toe explosion of a rash all over my body! Turns out to be 3 different types of psoriasis brought on by major stress. Had to wait a month and a half for my apt and a week before my appt date I called the office on a Wednesday to pretty much beg to get me in earlier. I had no idea they were only there on Wednesday's and she said well your appt is next week, that's pretty quick. When I told her my situation and how I was not sleeping and not doing well at all (my case is quite severe) she said, well OK, I would be ok with you showing up here at 1:30 this afternoon. I'M THERE!!!! Was the registration line lined up all the way around the waiting room? Yup sure was. Took about 15-20 just to sign in. We waited a little over an hour to get in (and I hear we got lucky) and yes I wasn't in with him very long...BUT...he instantly knew what I had the moment he walked in the room. He let me ask questions. He was very informative even in that short time AND my daughter and I found him very funny! I'm so happy I didn't listen to what others told me. He got me on medication immediately and also told me that he will advocate for me to get on the better medication sooner than the typical wait time of 6 months that the government calls for. Please go in with an open mind. This doctor really knows what he's talking about. I would recommend him 100%!!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Very knowledgeable,very easy to speak ....amazing memory and

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Diagnosed my Tea Corpses that I seemed to had gotten from my mother's farm when I stayed over in December 1990. Itch didn't appear to be but was. Great Doctor

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Line up out the door to check in and waiting room full. Seems obvious to me the doctor doesn't actually have time to see patients.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Several people in my family see him periodically to make sure spots are no malignant. He is quick but helpful. The wait is long because you don't need to book an appointment when it's a follow up which is convenient in a way. The secretary, Diane, is always smiling and pleasant and she is fast!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I have been a patient since 1994. Cornwall is lucky to have a dermatologist who travels here to service our community. Dr. Yanofsky is caring and good at his diagnosis, and his staff work real hard to help get you seen. Please blame our healthcare system for the lack of services and not the doctors who are working to help you.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

My appointment was at 2:30 on a Wednesday, showed up at 1:45 to have some kind a courtesy, I've been waiting in line for 45 minutes and they're still nine people in front of me .... so took my cell phone out tried to call the receptionist five times with no success, answering machine kept coming on indicating not to leave any messages . Couldn't even get close to the counter to mention that I could not stay any longer . Every one lined up all the way outside the door . One lady said she's been there for three hours ... seniors with canes standing up in the line absolutely Appalling !!!!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Phone in Montreal was always busy so decided to take an appointment for Cornwall as the distance for me was almost equal. Was stunned to arrive & see an overcrowded small room with a line up to register. Unbelievable & degrading! This should not be permitted. How can this doctor give proper care especially since his Montreal office is always crowded also, although the waiting room is somewhat larger.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I had an appointment for 2:45pm. I showed up 15mins early. There was a 4+ hour wait. I couldn't even make it if I wanted to. I had to leave and I've waited months for this appointment. What a terrible system.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017