Ratings for Dr. Fozia Zakaria

She’s always in a rush. She way over books.. doesn’t seem to know much.. long long wait times

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

Not sure how to rate Dr. Zakaria. She seems knowledgeable, does her research, and is matter-of-fact, thereby not imposing any signs of judgement. These are all reasons I wanted her as my family physician. My only concerns are follow up calls when getting results on tests or stating she’ll refer you to a specialist. Not sure if this from clinic administration/management errors. I am confident in Dr. Zakaria’s knowledge. When I go to a physician, I am seeking medical expertise, not a friend. She has delivered on the knowledge side, but she can improve on the follow-up end. My test results required a phone call & follow up.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

I saw her roll her eyes when I asked her a question. She leaves the room as fast as she can and says she will refer me to a specialist but never does.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2018

Dr. Zakaria is ready to leave the room before she enters. She's always in a rush (yet still accepting new patients like she has time for them). She has not been proactive about my health concerns. I have to pry information out of her by asking a hundred questions about potential treatments for my condition. She doesn't show genuine interest in my well being.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

I've been with Dr. Zakaria for a while now, and I've had some more serious medical concerns recently. Her bedside manner needs to be improved- once she relayed my results to me she was out of the room as quickly as she could move, and didn't stop to ask me if I had any questions. She is also unclear in giving a precise diagnosis, and overall gives off an attitude of not caring at all about making sure that her diagnosis is correct, as well as helping to guide you through the next steps in dealing with your diagnosis. Other than one student doctor that I encountered once recently at Nova Medical Clinic, the rest of the staff have always been extremely unpleasant throughout the years to deal with and are dismissive- and maybe that's because I work in a hospitality business so I'm more aware of the manners that employees should have when dealing with clients, but it always makes the experience even more dreadful than it should. Moreover, even though I always show up early/ on time for appointments, I always end up waiting an additional minimum 45 minutes in the waiting room before waiting another while in the examination room to see her, though I understand that that's maybe just how most clinics work. I am now currently looking for a new GP for the above reasons as well as being scared that I was misdiagnosed due to Dr. Zakaria's passive and uninterested attitude towards me. It felt as if I couldn't bring any concerns up with her, including my concerns about my mental health- and I firmly believe that no patient should ever have that kind of uneasiness with their physician. One good thing I can say about Nova Clinic in general is that it's very bright, modern, and clean. That's about it, unfortunately.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

She has the most awful Bedside manner. When She shes me her first words are,WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU like no hello how are you? or how are your doing? always 1 hour and 15 minutes late and by the time she comes your blood pressure is sky high

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Best doctor I've ever had!she is kind and listens if she doesn't know something or it puzzles her she is quick to refer you. My adult daughter goes to her and has helped her so much..from getting her tonsils out.to getting a celiac diagnosis by biopsy. To recent anxiety issues..she listens! There have been times when it hasn't been the best visit but doctors are human too...they have good days and bad days just like all of us.she has improved my health greatly and will be my doctor for as long as I can see her.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

had multiple bad experiences with her, she didn't seem to know very much about anything. since my disorder has medication that can't have refills i needed to go to her for new prescriptions all the time, my medication also need triplicate forms, which i didn't know since i had just started taking them, went to get it filled out at costco (which is out of my way but it means the difference between paying 80$ at shoppers to 18$ as i have no insurance) ( i also bus as i'm a student) and the people there told me i needed a triplicate form so they faxed her and had it sent over but the wait at costco meant i was there for 3 hours, was kinda mad about this but i eventually got my meds, moved so i couldn't continue meds because i had other expenses, went back to her months later to have it filled to try again (a 40 min bus ride there) only to have to remind her about triplicate form again, went to costco (30 min) only to find out the triplicate form had ALL the information on it wrong (my fault, should have checked i guess?) have it faxed back (2 hrs later) come back, the abhc# is wrong, fax back, (2 MORE HOURS), the medication name was spelled wrong, by this time it's 5 pm and their office is closed. pharmacists say they can fax again and to come tomorrow, go home (50 min ride). call next day, they say there was no answer, call doctors office: they tell me she's away on a break/vacation for the next week. ....................................................................... so. she couldn't get any of the forms right the multiple times she faxed them over because she didn't care enough because she was going away for a week? worst part of this all is i was getting my anti-depressant medication through her and needed 1 100 dose med+1 350 dose med (total 450) and she messed that up too? had me with 8 350 pills and a months worth of 100, had no way of getting down to see her and had MAJOR depressive episode from withdrawal.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

So I just came from the Millbourne Mall Medical Centre and am very disappointed after meeting Dr. Fouzia Nawab. I am a little concerned if she actually has any knowledge on medicine or not. Me and my sister have listed a few common health concerns we have, and she almost had some to no clue what our problem is and how to solve it. Like everyone else, I have googled my issues beforehand and explained her the health problem it can possibly be and if I can get a stool test done, she started giggling and laughing at me for asking that, and said that stool tests are only given to cancer patients which is absolutely wrong! At that moment I realized she has little knowledge on medicine. I would recommend you to go to other doctors that will actually care about you, and make you feel more comfortable.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Great doctor. Very helpful and caring and almost always on time

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017