Ratings for Dr. Fozia Zakaria

She has the most awful Bedside manner. When She shes me her first words are,WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU like no hello how are you? or how are your doing? always 1 hour and 15 minutes late and by the time she comes your blood pressure is sky high

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Best doctor I've ever had!she is kind and listens if she doesn't know something or it puzzles her she is quick to refer you. My adult daughter goes to her and has helped her so much..from getting her tonsils out.to getting a celiac diagnosis by biopsy. To recent anxiety issues..she listens! There have been times when it hasn't been the best visit but doctors are human too...they have good days and bad days just like all of us.she has improved my health greatly and will be my doctor for as long as I can see her.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

had multiple bad experiences with her, she didn't seem to know very much about anything. since my disorder has medication that can't have refills i needed to go to her for new prescriptions all the time, my medication also need triplicate forms, which i didn't know since i had just started taking them, went to get it filled out at costco (which is out of my way but it means the difference between paying 80$ at shoppers to 18$ as i have no insurance) ( i also bus as i'm a student) and the people there told me i needed a triplicate form so they faxed her and had it sent over but the wait at costco meant i was there for 3 hours, was kinda mad about this but i eventually got my meds, moved so i couldn't continue meds because i had other expenses, went back to her months later to have it filled to try again (a 40 min bus ride there) only to have to remind her about triplicate form again, went to costco (30 min) only to find out the triplicate form had ALL the information on it wrong (my fault, should have checked i guess?) have it faxed back (2 hrs later) come back, the abhc# is wrong, fax back, (2 MORE HOURS), the medication name was spelled wrong, by this time it's 5 pm and their office is closed. pharmacists say they can fax again and to come tomorrow, go home (50 min ride). call next day, they say there was no answer, call doctors office: they tell me she's away on a break/vacation for the next week. ....................................................................... so. she couldn't get any of the forms right the multiple times she faxed them over because she didn't care enough because she was going away for a week? worst part of this all is i was getting my anti-depressant medication through her and needed 1 100 dose med+1 350 dose med (total 450) and she messed that up too? had me with 8 350 pills and a months worth of 100, had no way of getting down to see her and had MAJOR depressive episode from withdrawal.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

So I just came from the Millbourne Mall Medical Centre and am very disappointed after meeting Dr. Fouzia Nawab. I am a little concerned if she actually has any knowledge on medicine or not. Me and my sister have listed a few common health concerns we have, and she almost had some to no clue what our problem is and how to solve it. Like everyone else, I have googled my issues beforehand and explained her the health problem it can possibly be and if I can get a stool test done, she started giggling and laughing at me for asking that, and said that stool tests are only given to cancer patients which is absolutely wrong! At that moment I realized she has little knowledge on medicine. I would recommend you to go to other doctors that will actually care about you, and make you feel more comfortable.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Great doctor. Very helpful and caring and almost always on time

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Excellent doctor , good work ethics , appropriate and timely referral

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I honestly think this doctor is probably my best female doctor that I have ever went to. I know at millbourne mall medical centre, they have another female doctor who in my understand doesn't like patients and or provides good service. I am ready to complain to Alberta Health Services on Dr. Fouzia Nawab. If your doctor atleast offer to check me up properly and offer me some prescription,

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Like said in a previous review, Dr. Zakaria seemed good only when I had minor issues such as a cold or sore throat. When I went to see her regarding a more serious issue, she seemed stand off-ish and rude towards a decision I made regarding the situation I was in. I feel that doctors should be more caring and maybe comforting in any kind of situation that worries a patient, instead, I was left stressed and unsure of myself leaving her office. Also, when I felt that she was not happy with my decision, at the end of the appointment she got up and didn't even answer any of my concerns and went straight to her office, not something I would have expected from her. Even Google gives me more insight and answers my questions regarding my issue better than her! I will definitely be looking for a new doctor asap!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

It has been hard finding a doctor here in Edmonton since I moved from Toronto, but I assure you she has been the best of help to me over the 3 + years. She is very personable and I feel extremely comfortable with her to discuss any topic. However, her staff I found a bit unprofessional but have improved so much in the past years ( we are all here to learn, right?) And often times, there is a long wait for the Doctor, but truly it doesn't result in a problem for me as her expertise/knowledge is the most important.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Thought I was going in to see a good new doctor. she completely dismissed that I have bipolar on format I was filling out for school. I paid $40 for forms with the wrong information on them. So disappointed.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016