Ratings for Dr. Carlos B. Vargas

Excellent physician! ! My experience has been the best since seeing this doctor. I respect other opinions; however, not my experience is all positive.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Vargas has been seeing my child since January 2013 (then nine years old). What I have learned about psychiatry is that, in this case, it is not therapy, and it is my job to find separate psychotherapy for my child. Dr. Vargas is continuously studying and understanding the most recent research on medication. His fine-tuned gifts are in hearing struggles and issues, collaborating with your child's therapist, and creating a treatment plan with medication. That is his gift. He does talk over my daughter's head quite a bit, and does not have a natural rapport with children. He and I do most of the communicating. So, why do I keep going back? Because this man is passionate about what he DOES do, and he does it very well. He is cautious in his approach to meds. He also has nudged me when I have been too cautious. I later came back to say, "Thank you. You were correct." His bedside manner? Yup, it stinks. But he has been a giant piece of the puzzle to change my child's life forever.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Vargas for more than 2 years. Before being his patient it was very difficult to find a psychiatrist that was available, and also it was very difficult to feel understood by the doctor. However, when I meet Dr. Vargas all that changed. He demonstrated to be a very caring and professional person. Also he seems to understand me pretty well. I really have confidence on home cause he has given me the results that I needed. Definitely, I would recommend Dr. Vargas to anyone who is looking for a great, polite, and a effective doctor.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

I went to see Dr. Vargas for my adhd. I knew at first I was not going to like him because in the first 10 minutes he said I had a speech impediment. He was so smug and rude. His bedside manner was horrible because there was no eye contact. He looked at the computer the entire time we were talking. He could have left me to fill out the questions he was asking me. When I suggested that I wanted a different medication, he reluctantly agreed but he made me do a drug test. He said if it came up positive, then he could not see me anymore. I was thinking good because I'm never coming back to this unempathic, arrogant shrink. I should have known something was up because he was the only doctor I could see at that time. Usually the popular doctors are harder to get an appointment. However no matter how desperate you are to see a psychiatrist, avoid this guy because he is obnoxious, rude and will not care to look past his computer to have a conversation.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

Waited almost 2 hours to be seen. Once we were seen, Dr had terrible bedside manner, made my child feel uncomfortable which would upset any parent. That in combination that Vargas obviously did not read the chart or history. Complete lack of caring in my family's opinion. The PA was nice and helpful. Staff was friendly. But go to another dr if you are looking for quality service

Submitted October 18, 2013