Ratings for Dr. David A. Jarvis

Don't expect to get any return call if you call the office for anything. I called three times and never received a call back. Needless to say I found another doctor that cares for his patients and does return their calls.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

My x-ray had shown spots on my lung and I was told to see a pulmonologist. Dr. Jarvis couldn't tell me what the spots were but said he didn't think it was cancer. He knew I had breast cancer previously and this upset me. After three C-scans he still didn't diagnose. He was arrogant and impossible to deal with. He didn't care what I had to say, he knew it all. Stay away from him. I went to another doctor who diagnosed scar tissue in my lung by looking at the previous scans and a new one. I would recommend this doctor to anyone. He is a real doctor. Dr. Jarvis is not.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

My Mother was a terminal cancer patient and under this persons care for a brief stay at Centinniel.During her stay this person was arrogant, rude,egotistical and extremely unprofessional.He made numerous comments to patients family including "She has done this to herself".He said this because even though she had cancer in many parts of her body including bone cancer, she had smoked in the past.The family's wishes that she be medicated and not suffer in the last days seemed to provoke his anger or threaten his position. This person made other equally hurtful comments therefore I could never recommend him for the care of anyone.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

My recent appointment with him was so bad I'm considering suing the guy for libel and malpractice. Jarvis lied in his notes to my general practitioner, claiming I said something I didn't, showing an extreme bias toward those with disabilities. He also failed to diagnose a pleurisy-related pain, claiming it "was all in my head", even though I'm moaning from the pain in my sleep, according to my girlfriend. He claimed my terminal prostrate cancer isn't terminal because he's had patients live 15 years with the cancer. There are two types of prostrate cancer, one aggressive, one passive. I have the aggressive kind and am currently being treated by an oncologist at Vanderbilt Hospital. My prognosis is 3-5 years. Jarvis claims Vanderbilt has it all wrong. Jarvis' ignorance and arrogance are beyond anything I've experienced in the medical field. If you have seen Jarvis, read his notes, I think you'll be blown away at what this woefully ignorant physician writes about his patients

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

Dr. David A. Jarvis's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

GHI