You may also like

Ratings for Dr. D.J Costain

Went to his office two weeks ago. Terrible. Did not help my issue at all. I showed up 30 minutes early and did not see the doctor until 45 minutes after my appointment time. One of the things that bothered me most was his glossy suit and tie and oversized luxury watch. Absolutely no care is put into his office to make it personable or friendly yet he does advertise for several other business practices he has and he is into looking "good". Meanwhile while we are waiting he is on the phone laughing with "buddy" loudly. None of this would have mattered if he actually had good advice or showed compassion. I walked out simply frustrated and with no answers. If you have an issue I strongly recommend you seek someone who will actually be concerned about your issue. It seems Costain is too busy worried about fancy watches and cramming as many jobs in to actually take his orthopedic practice seriously.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Garbage. He's a cranky ***, didn't give any helpful info, looked hung over. His secretary is also cranky on the phone. Didn't help my issue either and told me "he didn't know". God, I feel bad for people that are forced to use him.

Submitted March 31, 2016

He has a quirky sense of humour which I thoroughly appreciated. I can see that some may not 'get' his humour...tends to be sarcastic and a bit 'black'...but all the patients I chatted with before and after my operation thought he was as funny as a stand-up comedian!! He made me laugh a lot. Found him to be extremely helpful and thorough.....I would recommend him as a surgeon to anyone. He puts in long hours....and is always bright and cheerful, which raises the spirits of those around him. When I attended the ortho clinic post op he arrived with an armful of treats for the nursing/clerical staff....all of whom seemed to really like him. I heard nothing but good things about him from any staff/management I asked.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

I am a nurse and have worked in 6 different hospitals over the last 30 years. Never have I ever seen a doctor show more disrespect to his nurses, clerical staff, radiology staff and wardclerks as I have with doctor costain. I noticed it personally when I broke my arm and I got to see first hand how he handles things. And being a nurse I noticed a lot. I have been passed on to a different doctor and have experienced nothing but respect and kindness.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2014

I have had nothing but positive interaction. Starting with my initial meeting, Dr. Costain has taken the time to treat me with concern and respect and has gone above and beyond anything I've received from any other Doctor. Right now he is still working with me to get to the root of the problems but I can't begin to explain how calm and safe I feel with everything he is trying to do and with everything he is saying. I know that whatever procedure he has to do will be handled in a very caring, reassuring and safe way. That in itself is worth it's weight in gold. I can only really say that I completely trust him and feel that I've at last found a Doctor that truly cares about his job and most importantly, his patient. And, of course, let's not forget his wonderful Secretary, Carly, who is cheerful, helpful and respectful - a true credit to Dr. Costain.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Outstanding is the word I would use about this Doctor. He takes the time in the pre-op visits to make sure you undertand everything about the operation. He takes the time during the operation to make sure everything is done correctly and that there will be no post-op surprises. My wife has had both hips replaced - the second one by Dr. Costain and it was the more difficult operation but she sailed through it wonderfully thanks to the good doctor. We recommend him to anyone who needs a hip or knee replacement.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Excellent patient-doctor manner and also was very good at making me, the patient relaxed and aware of all procedure's he did. Explained all prodedure's, giving information of all care needed and how he could be of assistance. I was very pleased with his attitude and also referred me to another specialist, for aid for an ongoing problem. Excellant care and assistance, very pleasant and understanding!!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

Dr. D.J Costain's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Went to his office two weeks ago. Terrible. Did not help my issue at all. I showed up 30 minutes early and did not see the doctor until 45 minutes after my appo..."

May 19, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Garbage. He's a cranky ***, didn't give any helpful info, looked hung over. His secretary is also cranky on the phone. Didn't help my issue either and told me ..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He has a quirky sense of humour which I thoroughly appreciated. I can see that some may not 'get' his humour...tends to be sarcastic and a bit 'black'...but all..."

October 31, 2014