Ratings for Dr. Peter E. Loeb

Dr. Loeb repaired my torn meniscus several years ago. My knee began hurting several months ago after several months of inactivity due to dental surgery. I made an appointment with Dr. Loeb to ascertain whether the pain was due to dentist recommended inactivity or a physical cause. Dr. Loeb did not even greet me but looked only at the computer. When I began to explain my situation, that I had had major dental surgery and that the dentist told me no yoga or other strenuous exercise which usually keeps my knee flexible, Dr. Loeb snapped, We are here to talk about your knee not dental surgery", before I could tell how it had related to my knee. He was so rude, I decided then and there never to return to him. I got up and left. By then I had his attention and he hollered down the hall to me about giving me exercises if I needed them. He has been rude on several occasions but this was the worst.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

This office is filled with competent and caring professionals. After reading the reviews prior to and subsequent to a full knee replacement, I have developed an opinion as to why Dr. Loeb's ratings are not all 5 star. His staff nor he will baby you. And that is for good reason. The work of an orthopedic surgeon is only partially complete upon the patient's discharge from the hospital. After that it is up to the patient. And rehab is hard work. It is painful and it is tiring. And no one is going to do it for you. It is my belief that most people today want a magic wand to solve their emotional and physical problems. My knee was arthritic from abuse. Long years of football, followed by adult years of active wear and tear. The staff at Dr. Loeb's office and the healer himself, have given me a new lease on the winter of my life. I am walking with no support subsequent to a full knee replacement at day 14. My pain is manageable and today I hope to step on to an elliptical machine if my PT will allow such madness. If you want your hand held and someone to tell you it will be just fine, no matter what, you probably will end up giving this healer a one star rating. If you want a no nonsense, technical artist and drop dead brilliant man to cut you open and repair your problem this man rocks. I do not ask my surgeon to be my buddy, I ask him to kick my tail and make me work to get better. I cannot give this office and healer enough praise.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Loeb is a very hard working man and may come off as 'rude' or 'cold' but you have to realize that everyone has a different personality. If you are looking for an amazing doctor, who you can treat you and knows what he is doing, than go to Dr. Loeb. He is has been doing shoulder, knee, wrist, other surgeries for as long as I have been alive. I was a little taken by the way he behaves and talks to his patients. But after seeing how much knowledge he has on the matter and how much he cares to fix the problem, I realized that was more important. I appreciate how detailed he is. If he does not choose to do a surgery on you, do not take it personal. He probably doesnt think it is best or finds your situation too risky for the operating room. Again, he is a surgeon and works on a fast pace busy busy schedule. From my experience Dr. Loeb is more focused on getting you back to your daily activities as opposed to becoming your friend. So do not take all these comments to heart and figure out for yourself if he is the best for your medical situation.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

My son had wrist surgery three years after breaking his wrist and having a nagging ache that was annoying to live with. Dr.Loeb scoped his wrist four years ago. He seemed so confident that what he was doing was going to fix the problem and it would be worth the months of rehab ahead. When the pain of surgery was over he was left with a debilitating pain in his wrist that has reached the point where he can't go to the gym or write well. After many return visits Dr. Loeb admitted there was nothing he could do, he was at a loss, and referred us to another doctor in Tallahassee, who agreed that he couldn't see what was wrong either, and injected cortisone as a solution that lasted maybe two weeks. It is difficult as a mother seeing her 21 year old son trying to focus on studying and being consumed by this thing. I also must say that his condescending attitude was not only unhelpful but unprofessional. I gather he has a good reputation in this town, but I do wish we'd explored other options

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

My husband is having his 2nd shoulder surg with Dr Loeb, while I can understand alot of these reviews BUT its because he is a top notch surg and does not play around. He comes off as harsh but after dealing with TOC we decided to come back to Loeb! His asst Mark is very helpfull and very nice. I think it would help more people to just be upfront and honest about there needs and treatment, if you do that we have found they are very receptive.I would much rather go to a dr that knows what they are doing and maybe a little gruff then to someone that just throws meds at you without fixing the issue.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Dr Loeb is THE WORST DOCTOR ON THE PLANET. His staff is nice and helpful. His office is clean. After my 5 minutes with him, I felt like I'd been chewed up and spit out. He never made eye contact. His diagnosis was completely wrong. His words were harsh, abrashive and offensive. The poor girl nurse in the room with us stayed silent and appeared terrified as she too listened to his rant while giving me a cortizone shot. I had read other horrific reviews about him but needed to see an orthapaedic surgeon asap and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. He was not just having a bad day - all the nasty reviews are correct. He is AN AWFUL PERSON.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

He is the worst doctor and unfortunately the only doctor who can perform my surgery in Tallahassee. This man put me on a waiting list for 2 weeks until he would see me. When he did see me we scheduled an appointment for surgery and then randomly he said he wasn't interested in doing my surgery anymore. I begged him so I didnt have to drive two hours away..I had a broken hand for 3 months before I got my surgery. DO NOT GO TO HIM!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

I am a 30 year old very active tennis player , played some club level tennis in College , never had problems, i had a sport related injury to my foot , Dr.loeb was on the money, knew what i had from the first visit , MRI Cofirmed his diagnosis , treatment plan given , within 2 weeks i was back on the courts .

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

Dr Loeb is an excellent doctor. he operated on my right should 6 years ago due to a rotator cuff tear. Last February, he operated on my left shoulder for the same type of injury. He is very knowledgeable and has excellent skills. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs ortho surgery.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

They suck. I used him years before. He had a small practice. Now hes a big shot and doesn't need anyone

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

Dr. Peter E. Loeb's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Assurant