Dr. Claudia Martin

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Claudia Martin

I saw Dr Martin for the first time some time back, and was kept waiting for quite awhile, which I could forgive. However, my experience with her felt.....awkward and uncomfortable to say the least. While she was very nice and welcoming, I was asked some incredibly invasive questions pertaining to me having fibromyalgia (like asking me if I suffered trauma as a kid) and my transition (using the very outdated term "sex change", asking me my birth name, asking me when I knew I was trans). Basically things a dentist shouldn't be asking their patients?? She apologized thereafter for making me feel uncomfortable after explaining to her that I didn't want to disclose my birth name to her (because it's inconsequential and isn't her business to know), which I appreciated. She struck me as a knowledgeable dentist who means well, but if this is how each appointment is going to go, then I don't think I will be returning... Also was less than enthused that I have to pay 30 dollars for an xray that was just randomly not fully covered. Don't know if that's a fault on them or my insurance but alas . The hygienists and dental assistants are fantastic however, namely Nora!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2019

Can't get in to see her and the staff don't seem to care that I'm in pain. Just that they can't help me. Blow pass this place and find someone who will take care of you.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2019

I am so disenchanted about the whole Dr. Martin thing. When I first met her, I thought that she was the best thing ever with my anxiety and this would be my answer. Since being with her for the last 3 years, I have seen her practice and patient care go down hill. She only works Tuesdays and is always cancelling or moving my appointments around and having to book it so far out. Then when you do get work done, everything is bigger and worst than before. No doubt, I had to wait 4 months to work done. And when you are sedated she just does it and then her receptionist demands the money the next day. A complete money grab. Will not go back and would not recommend her to ANYONE

flag | Submitted February 4, 2019

Dr. Martin is a very kind and caring dentist. I would recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2019

Sorry I can't agree with all the positive comments here. I stopped going to Dr. Martin after her staff cancelled my appointment on me. I had been going there a long time, was always punctual, and even re-scheduled at their request when things were chaotic at the office when I arrived for my appointment. They treat everyone like an unreliable new patient even after many years of coming there. If you are travelling for business and unable to phone them to confirm, they cancel on you. Other offices just leave a reminder voice mail or text. Also, sitting and waiting in the chair while listening to her chat for 1/2 hour with the person who arrived after you did in the next station over - very disrespectful of peoples' time. I will find another dentist who wants my business.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

I am so glad that I was randomly assigned to add Martin all those years ago. She is great!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

Highly recommended. I'm so glad Dr Martin came into my life or I'd probably still be suffering with bad teeth. She gave me the courage to get major dental work done and the compassion during the process! Thank you to her and Janelle.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

Dr. Martin is so friendly and comforting, she makes me less nervous to go to the dentist. Everyone in her staff is super friendly and cheerful

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

I concur with all the positive comments. Dr. Martin and the staff are fantastic.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Absolutely brilliant dental care, I highly recommend Strathcona Dental Choice. Dr Martin is the reason I can now have dental work without a general anesthesia, she is gentle, kind and extremely knowledgeable. The staff are fantastic too!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Dr. Claudia Martin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Claudia Martin performs general dentistry, including Invisalign and sedation services. She is talented with anxious patients and is often outsourced to do general sedation at many hospitals including Grey Nuns, Stollery, and University of Alberta. Her patients love her kind energy and professionalism, and constantly refer friends and family to her practice. Due to her hardwork and dedication at the Edmonton & District Dental Society, she has been named the President-Elect.

• English