Ratings for Dr. Pierre Dupont

Dr. Pierre Dupont was very professional, and patient to say the least. I have been suffering with a large callous on the bottom of my foot for aprox 1- 2 years. I am a nurse, on my feet most of my 8 hour shift and have been suffering with severe pain. After only 1 treatment with Dr. Dupont, he determined that there was 2 foreign bodies in my foot beneath the callous. My foot has never felt better. After going to Dr. Dupont, never again will I go to a GP for foot problems, it is Dr. Dupont from this day forward. His knowledge and kindness makes every visit a pleasure.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

My experience at Ottawa foot practice and Dr Dupont was quite poor to say the least. Suffered from flat feet and pain related to my condition my whole life. Dr Dupont promised that the Hyprocure foot stent procedure would help with my condition. I trusted his medical knowledge and judgement and had surgeries done in both feet. It was one of the worst decisions in my life as I'm in pain every single day and will have to pay to have the implants removed and other ones put in. Please research this Doctor THOROUGLY as you would research any other doctor before a procedure. Please research his clinic. The health of your feet affects ever aspect of your life as you need your feet to carry you through the day. kindly, A former patient of Dr Dupont.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr. Pierre Dupont's response
As a Health Care Professional, I regret that you did not get the intended results with the stent procedure. Results can never be guaranteed in any surgical procedure; the body's response to any medical intervention is widely variable and cannot be predicted. I agree that healthy feet are the foundation of a healthy life. You are always welcome to return - possibly a more conservative approach than removal can be instituted.

Submitted July 18, 2016

I am a 51-year-old woman who has suffered with ingrown toenails for yours. I finally decided to see a Specialist for this common problem. Dr. Dupont told me about a procedure in which he excised the lateral nail plate combined with lateral matricectomy . The lateral aspect of the nail plate is removed with preservation of the remaining healthy nail plate. Electrocautery ablation is then used to destroy the exposed nail-forming matrix, creating a new lateral nail fold. I had my 2 great toes done together. The procedure was painless and precise. Dr. Dupont explains each step and performs the procedure gently. I did not feel a thing. The postoperative follow up is second to none and the environment is extremely clean and hygienic. This is who you want to fix your ingrown toenail problem. I highly recommend Dr. Dupont and his receptionist, Star, is friendly and professional. If you're on the fence about this procedure, I can tell you that it is well worth the money. I highly recommend Dr. Dupont at the Ottawa Foot Practice located at 28 Deakin Street, near Hunt Club and Prince of Wales.

Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Dupont corrected my feet mis-alignment via stent surgery. I now funtion without enduring pain. Walking is now a pleasure.

Submitted July 7, 2016

I visited doctor Dupont's clinic because I had flat feet. He tried convinced me to get hyprocure surgery. I did get the surgery and now I'm constantly in pain. I wish I had researched more.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr. Pierre Dupont's response
Although the surgical stent insertion procedure has a high success rate, there are cases that do not respond to the treatment so some patients had to or elect to get their stents removed. But you may be on your way to get better since there are also patients that needed up to 12 months before their symptoms went away. Many others have to be compliant with a full-time wear of orthotic devices within neutral supportive shoes. We are here to help with conservative options and you are welcome. Thank you for your review.

Submitted July 12, 2016

He seemed knowledgeable and explained that I over pronated which is why I am prone to plantar fasciitis. But the regular non surgical treatments did not work for. He was "certain" that shock wave therapy would cure me. At a cost of $775 for 3 treatments the pain was still there. They attendant suggested more treatments. But I had to say no, as the cost is just so expensive. Finally, after a year of suffering with plantar fasciitis, I saw an orthopaedic surgeon who suggested a cortisone shot. 5 days later I'm still pain free. The cost of a cortisone is $25-$30 dollars. These so called "food specialists" are sharks waiting for their next prey. Dr. Dupont did suggest the stint surgery to me but when I said I didn't want to try it yet, I found him very dismissive.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr. Pierre Dupont's response
The first phase of treatment for a plantar fasciitis is geared to control overpronation and the resulting overstretching of the ailing plantar ligament using full-time wear of custom-made orthotic devices. The second line of treatment for a plantar fasciitis condition unresponsive to orthotics is 3 successive combined Laser and Shock Wave treatments. In unresponsive cases, cortisone injection(s) is the third phase of treatment because it is essentially more invasive in nature and that it has the risk to damage the plantar ligament (complete plantar ligament tear had been reported in the literature after cortisone injection). I am glad that your symptoms finally subsided (may be due to a synergistic effect all 3 treatment modalities you had to go through). I strongly recommend full-time wear of your orthotics to prevent recurrence of this very limiting and painful condition. Pierre Dupont DPM

Submitted June 29, 2016

I had a matrixectomy procedure performed with local anesthesia and she inserting the needle he damaged nerves in my big toe. Now nine months later and there is no sign of nerve improvement. The toe does feel better but has not grown back in properly as he suggested in the initial appointment. In order to give him a low rating I have marked all one star although his staff are good he is terrible and should not be practicing on Ontario.

Submitted May 28, 2016

Dr. Pierre Dupont's response
I feel sorry your treatment did not provide you with the intended result. We have new treatment modalities that may initiate the healing of your nerve endings. I will be happy to help. Pierre Dupont DPM

Submitted June 29, 2016

I had a foot issue last summer. I found Dr. Dupont's foot practice through a Google search. I visited his practice and was seen and treated. I was very impressed by Dr. Dupont and can only having a very professional and positive experience. Dr. Dupont and his staff did a great job. I no longer have the foot issue.

Submitted April 14, 2016

Pierre Dupont was the doctor who operated me three years ago. I wasn't able to walk without a lot of pain. I had flat feet, chronic plantar fasciitis, hammer toes and much more inflammations. In Quebec for my general practitioner, I had "just" to stop working in a standing position, use a walker and have cortisone injections. I was 47 years old and I didn't want to live like that. The HyProCure procedure existed and Doctor Pierre Dupont used it with success. It consists of inserting an implant between the ankle bone and the heel bone. The result is a foot straightened and the arch of the foot remodeled . Before the operation, I tried to walk only with plantar orthosis but it was not satistactory. After Dr. Pierre Dupont operated my two feet, I must say that I had to wait one long year before saying that I can walk like anybody without any pain! More than that, I no longer suffer to back pain et severe headache! Doctor Piere Dupont gave me the possibility to walk again and more than a gift it's like a rebirth! For all that I'm very grateful to him.

Submitted April 6, 2016

Apart from the pleasant staff there are no positive comments to make about Dr. DuPont. He has little to no contact with his patients. He will see a patient on the initial visit but then does not follow up on many procedures and treatments to see how a patient is progressing. I had to ask to see him for follow up explanations. I spent over $2000.00 and saw no results. When I questioned staff they redirected " blame" on me. I also found that staff were always trying to sell additional procedures and products to patients. I am extremely disappointed with Dr. DuPont and would NOT RECOMMEND him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Pierre Dupont's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

After completing the 4-year Doctor of Podiatric Medicine program at the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières comprised with a 4-month program at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine, I registered with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario and moved to Ottawa where I joined a well established podiatric medicine practice. I had the pleasure of meeting, diagnosing and helping thousands of patients in the National Capital Region before making the decision to expand local treatment options by opening my own practice. Born and raised in Canada, I am passionate about nature and outdoor physical activities such as jogging, biking and skiing. My wife and I are residents of Ottawa. I am so pleased and humbled to be able to offer these skills to the citizens of Ottawa. As your Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, I am passionately dedicated to getting people out of their pain and back to their lives as quickly and comfortably as I can. Pierre Dupont, Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) Registered Chiropodist | Foot Specialist

• English
  • French

• Quebec University (Grad. 2010)
  • New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2009)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.