Ratings for Dr. Henry Wu

BEST OB EVER! Dr. Wu has been our family OB for years now and great to see that a couple of my friends are also his patients! Definitely recommended! He takes care of his patients!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Incredible surgeon!!! Dr. Wu saved my daughter in an emergency c-section. He got her out in 3 minutes!!!! The umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck and she was basically trapped in the birth canal, ready to come out. She was so far down the birth canal already that her head was shaped like a cone and her breathing slowed dramatically to 60 beats a minute. She clearly wasn't breathing well! He had to bring her back up from the birth canal to get her out!! After the surgery when everyone had left the room, the nurses went on and on about how quickly he got her out and how other Dr.'s would have lost her! I'll never be able to thank him enough for saving my daughter's life! She has no brain damage & is a healthy 6 year old now!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

He is a great doctor and the staff is GREAT!I recommend Dr.Wu to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Dr. Wu did surgery on me for my endometroises. I got pregnant in two months. Thanks to Dr. Wu, I have a healthy boby boy now.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

Delivering with Dr Wu was a HORRIBLE experience. Every aspect of the pregnancy and labor went well, until delivery and he was NOT available when we were ready and in pain. When he finally arrived, he was there for 1 minute before cutting me more than necessary. Also, he was rude and made borderline emotionally abusive comments about the way I was dealing with the pain. (I little reassurance or kind word could have been calming.)

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

Dr Wu only cares about $. His bedside manner is horrible. Ditto what the other raters said about him not being there untill just about when the baby is halfway out already. He charges for everything including things the insurance covers(to get more $ out of you) My insurance pays for a Depo shot but he insisted it didnt. I called the insurance co and they demanded he repay me. They also stated this was not the first time he had done such a thing. He also refused to circumcise my son at the hospital and made me come in to his office 2 weeks later to do it for $250. Time for him to retire.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2009

My first appointment was alright. Little by little each appointment Dr. Wu's got progessively worse. The receptionist is rude. He makes you pay for every piece of paperwork he has to fill out. He and his office staff refused to fill it out without payment. Even though they screwed up his FMLA paperwork we had to pay three different times for them to fix it. The worse part was his behavior during my labor. During my labor he seemed inconveniced. Dr. Wu stuck his fingers inside me and of coursed I squirmed. He basically said how was I gonna push a baby out if I am so sensitive. He was so awful, rude and worst of all insensitive. I would not even send my worse enemy to him. I cry every time I think about my labor because it is suppose to be a beautiful experience and my was the exact opposite.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2009

I did not go for an ob gyn physical for 5 years and decided to go for one this year. Dr. Wu take all the tests, including the CA-125. Test results for the 125 came back very high, he immediatelyh ordered the other tests for cancer: ultrasound, CT scan, blood work and finally found that though I did not have cancer, I'm a borderline case since my uterus has hyperplasia which means the cells are multiplying abnormally fast and are not dying. We, therefore, decided on an hysterectomy so we no longer have to worry about it. So even though the CA-125 test is NOT definitive about ovarians, it actually comes back 50% false +ve, but Dr. Wu took the extra steps to find out why it's so high and in doing so, saved my life. I have complete confidence in him.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2008

He was my ob/gyn in 1993 when I was pregnant with my son. He would not listen to me, put me on bp med when it did not seem to be warranted (the decision was based on one high bp reading), and I found him to be short with me and uncooperative in terms of wanting an ultrasound after the 3rd month. I changed to a different provider in my 7th month because I did not like seeing this doctor and did not want him to deliver my son. The next OB/gyn I went to was wonderful, took me off the bp med, let me have an additional ultrasound, and was attentive to every aspect of my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2008

Dr. Wu was a wonderful provider. He allowed me to be involved in all decisions regarding my pregnancy and birth. He was attentive and caring. I would rec. him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2007

Dr. Henry Wu's Credentials

• Bowman Gray Sch Of Med Of Wake Forest Univ, Winston-Salem Nc 27157 (Grad. 1982)

Assurant