Ratings for Dr. Jasmine Chatelain

I am sure she is a great midwife but in the event u need to page her because of an emergency grab some popcorn it will be a long wait. with my experience I paged her on two separate occasions. The first time her pager was not on and I had to contact another midwife to find her for me. The second time I paged her in my 8th month it took her 1 hour to get back to me and this was only because after 45 mins of waiting I contacted a different midwife to find her for me. When she finally called she scolded me for 5 mins because apparently I was inconsiderate for waking up her colleague. Well if she did her job right I wouldn't have to contact her colleague. Once she had finish scolding me I no longer wanted to tell her my concern because she was obviously not annoyed by me. Overall her approach to handling the situation was unprofessional and a far cry from the holistic approach. If you're want a midwife that has poor time management skills, unreliable , unprofessional and rude than this is the right lady for u.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

When I was pregnant with my son, I knew I wanted a midwife and met with a couple before I chose Jasmin! Best decision! She was INCREDIBLE during all of my appointments and even more so during my labour and delivery! I had a complicated delivery and Jasmin handled everything very professionally and caring! I can say I would have been scarred for life from my experience if it wasn't for Jasmin's care and concern for me and my son. I will forever be grateful for her and hope to use her again if I have any more children!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I chose the East Ottawa Midwives during my first pregnancy, where Jasmine worked at the time. After my mid-pregnancy u/s, she called me in a panic stating that I had a complete placenta previa, that I was on the second patient in the practice to have this, and that I could hemorrhage and lose the baby. She told me that she knew very little about the condition, however based on a colleague’s experience, the other patient in that practice had ended-up w/ a C-section. She told me she would have more info about this for me by my next appt. The following week, Jasmine was telling me all about the other patients that she had followed w/ placenta previa, and how their deliveries had turned out. All of a sudden, she was an expert! Obviously, having caught her in a lie, I lost all trust in her, and immediately decided to switch to an OB. If she was lying to me in her office, how could I trust her during labour? Best decision I made was to be followed by a professional, knowledgeable OB!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Jasmine is a new midwife and her lack of experience and poor relationship style are evident. She has the basic knowledge of midwifery care but it is clear that unless you fit the mold of what her ideal patient is (i.e. someone who asks no questions and wants a totally natural child birth) she feels threatened and/or doesn't not have the time for you. She is easily annoyed when patients have questions regarding any health issues. I am not impressed with her or her approach to caring for her patients. I would definitely NOT recommend her as a midwife and question her professionalism and ability to practice midwifery care competently. For anyone looking for a professional, caring, and patient midwife, do not go with her.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Jasmine was my midwife at my first homebirth turned hospital transfer. Pre-natal care was great, she was very open and efficient. During birth she was great, kind of hands off and letting me do my own thing, didn't interfere until there was something worth interfering for. Very supportive throughout. Advocated for me at the hospital since we did not go to one where she has privileges. Made a scary ambulance ride a little less scary by being so calm. Post-natal cafe was excellent too. All around great midwife and I'm sad I can't have her for my current pregnancy.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012