Ratings for Dr. Susan Poelman

Dr. Poelman is excellent! Her nursing staff are excellent. The one-star rating is for a new receptionist that I have never had the displeasure of encountering, until today. I was booking an an appointment by phone with someone whose name starts with an "s" sound, as in snake. I do hope she is a temp, because I never want to meet her or talk to her again. She is rude to the extreme, and projects her problems onto patients. She went on a rant, "You think you're special...." and away she went. No, I was trying to book an appointment. It should be simple, but not today. It has never been a problem, until today. Although I'm sure she graduated at the top of her class in the "Wicked Witch of the West Receptionist School", she should not be dealing with people, or animals for that matter. So I hope this is adieu, "s" like snake. You may be having a tough decade or millenium, but there is no excuse for being abusive to clients.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

Dr Susan Poelman took over my case after my previous dermatologist retired this last year. My skin cancer was under the care of a great dermatologist and I am thrilled with this new clinic. The staff and Dr Poelman have been super courteous, likable, efficient and very knowledgeable of the treatments that I still need after 12 years since first diagnosed. Having experienced several appointments and concluded they are a great team I can now safely state my confidence is still 100% that I am in good hands. I just love them all. /Colin G.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

Dr.Poelman helped clear my acne making me feel like a completely different person, confident and happy with the way my skin looks. Before coming the Dr.Poelman, my previous dermatologist prescribed me tons of different creams and gels. Nothing worked. Going to her she istantly told me the problam with my acne and how it was going to be treated. In less than a year I had completely clear skin thanks to Dr.Poelman. The staff there were incrediable nice and welcoming with any questions or concerns that I had. The wait to get in a room or for the doctor to arrive was fast compared to other doctors/specialists. Dr.Poelman was very helpful through suggesting products and treatments for me and my specific skin type. Her knowledge has lead me to have answers to questions about my skin which no doctor has answered. I am very pleased with this dermatologist and her staff working with her. Definitely will recommend to anyone seeking help or answers to whatever skin concern they may have.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Poelman by my family doctor for a consultation. I had never been to a dermatologist before and wasn't really sure what to expect. What a wonderful experience it was! Dr. Poelman was so kind, answered all of my questions and her work was impecible! The most important thing I want to say was that Dr. Poelman treated me as a person, not a procedure. I truly felt cared for. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Dr. Poelman has changed my life. I have been looking for a doctor to help me control my Hidradenitis Suppurativa for the past 6 years (HS) is a chronic condition characterized by swollen, painful lesions, occurring in the armpit (axillae), groin, anal, and breast regions. This disease occurs due to obstruction of hair follicles and secondary infection and sometimes inflammation of certain sweat glands (apocrine glands). She got me in for an appointment right away. Before coming to my appointment she took time to talk to me over the phone. I was concerned that she would not understand what I had. She assured me that she has seen lot of patients with the same condition. On my first visit I was welcomed with open arms. She went over my history and different possibilities I had for medication. She has always been available, even on the weekend. I have never met a doctor that was so dedicated to her patients. Thank you for giving me my life back. Dr. Susssan Poelman Cares about every patient! Stacey W

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Front desk lady very rude and not only to me. They were unprofessional. Nurse made me feel like it was my fault she didn't know what was going on and that I should have told her when I assumed it was all in the file. Dr was dismissive and didn't want to re book to check a changing mole. Just rude overall

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

secretary is rude. Susan isn't very welcoming took her a good 5 minutes to even acknowledge my presence. On medication for over 6 months no results. Didn't really listen to my concerns. Going to her is a waste of time.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

I have been with Dr.Poelman for two years, unlike other people I have no problems with her clinic. I never have to wait too long for my appointment. She is the only one who has really helped me with my psoriasis in fifty four years and treats me with great respect. She is so very knowledgable , the staff are adorable. Thank you all so much for your help and politeness .

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

This doctor did her job in a perfunctory manner, quickly, in an assembly line manner. No interpersonal connection was possible. I had the impression, if I ask questions, she would tell me to pipe down. Soon everything was delegated to the nurse. Then the nurse started her monologue about further treatment. I interjected with a couple of questions while she was exhaling. I was told in no uncertain terms that I must wait until the monologue was over. I felt like a scolded school kid. Later this year I have to return for more treatment, but will do so with reluctance and fear. I felt intimidated. This doctor and nurse either have no innate respect for elderly men, or maybe, they have a bias because of my heavy foreign accent. Something is not right here. However, the receptionist was sweet and personable.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I waited to see this specialist who I thought could provide answers to a skin issue. I was 15 minutes early and completed all the forms they require. However, I waited 45 minutes past my appointment time before I was seen by Dr. Poelman. She sat on her chair the whole time I was in her office (less than 10 minutes in total) and just stared at her computer monitor, typing in the minimal information required in order for her to bill her fee, shameful. Then, she proceeded to misdiagnose my condition and prescribed a cream for a condition I don't have. I waited in the waiting room 45 minutes past my appointment time for that? I wonder how much time she billed Alberta Health for seeing me under ten minutes. Unprofessional, cold, and unethical. She basically saw me for under 10 minutes, billed the health care system for a full appointment, and quickly rushed us out of her office without even answering my questions and carefully diagnosing my condition. This clinic double-books appointments, makes people wait 45 minutes past their appointment time, and then spends little time with each patient (5 to 10 minutes). It's all about maximizing profit at the expense of quality care. Indeed, in many cases I've read here it seems patients are actually being harmed not helped. What happened to primum non nocere, “first, do no harm” ?

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017