Ratings for Dr. Sandra K. Bohnstengel

I've been a patient of Dr. Bohnstengel for about 4 years. She a good doctor and personally called me to assure me I would be okay with some medical issues I was dealing with. She got me to the right specialist and was very caring. However, her staff could use a crash course on professionalism especially the so called office manager that's been there since day 1. She is extremely rude and just down right out of order. I have no clue how she's been the head of billing. I am military and she can't seem to get a few of my visits covered through Tricare and has sent me the bills when I have insurance. This literally has been going on for a year. She doesn't know how to talk to patients and seems very hyper. Maybe if she took the time to do her job instead of decorating the Christmas tree in the office with hair bows and trying to sell them to the patients when they are clearly there to be seen by the doctor. Getting call backs also seems like a complicated task for the entire office. Someone needs to come in and retrain the entire staff. They bring Dr. Bohnstengel down. After getting this billing thing situated I don't think I'll be returning.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

the most unwelcoming office I have ever been to. Doctor talked to employees for 20 minutes while I waited and no other patients was there. They spoke about me and other patients where I could clearly hear them. I will never go back nor will I refer anyone.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. B saw my son and some of his associates who are all opiate dependent. She did not hesitate in giving them the drugs they were seeking. As a medical professional myself I have never seen a doctor so readily give out medications to a first time patient. I have called her office and told her office manager that I would report her to the state board. Her office manager was very professional and caring. However, I have never gotten a return call from the supposedly caring Dr. Sandra B.... My son is now in a medical rehab for his drug addiction. Thanks to the help of this doc!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

Saw her for a while. Would never see her again. Experience was disappointing.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

Dr. B is great, but getting a return phone call from her office is nearly impossible.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

I took my 14 yr old diabetic daughter to Dr. Bohnstengel, about dizzy spells and her diabetes. She seemed very knowlegable about diabetes and was able to help me & my daughter come up with a proper diet & exercise plan! Shes was very helpful with getting my daughter referred out to the proper specialist as well as providing tips to help control her bloodsugars! I would recommend her to friends!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

This doctor is a complete fake about her knowledge of diabetes. She claimed that anyone over 10 could not be diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic, in which I soon found I was at age 23 by an endocronologist. After she just upped my dose of type 2 diabetic medication, I was almost hospitalized because the meds did not help me as a type 1 diabetic. Insulin does!!!! I came to her telling her that I thought it was type 1 and she just dismissed my arguments and prescribed me more drugs. She operates on old medical knowledge and obviously hasn't read a diabetes book or publication in the last 20 years. I hope she isn't this way with other diseases and illnesses. Stay Away!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

I have NEVER dealt with a doctor who cared more about what was really going on with me. She is sincere, loving, caring and a wonderful doctor. I have been seeing her for 2 years and would never leave voluntarily! I will see her and only her for as long as I am able to!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

Dr. B is without a doubt, the only GP I have ever been too who takes the time to sit down with you, and listen to you. That is very rare anymore in these days when most doctors herd you in and out like cattle. I have never had a doctor who takes more time with her patients, and whose staff is always friendly, upbeat and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. B to anyone looking for a fantastic, caring doctor.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. B and her staff are fantastic. I have been going to her for 4 years, through insurance changes and various health issues. She is kind, on time, and really cares about her patients. She is the best doctor you could hope for.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008

Dr. Sandra K. Bohnstengel's Credentials

• Marshall Univ Sch Of Med, Huntington Wv 25755 (Grad. 1991)