Ratings for Dr. Michael W. Stavinoha

Dr. Stavinoha is one of the best Doctors I have seen in his field .

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

We do not live in Houston. Our local physician said my husband needed to go the "the best" doctor; I was really disappointed to learn that "the best" was in Houston. It did turn out, however to be a really good experience. When I called to schedule an appointment the receptionist was very considerate of our travel times. Also my husband says after he left the waiting room, the personnel were kind, helpful and patient with him (he is a really senior citizan and very slow). We are thankful our own physician recommended Dr. Stavinoha; he is "The Best"

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

From the moment I called and made my first appointment, I have experienced the highest quality medical care from Dr. Stavinoha, as well as top-notch patient service by Dr. Stavinoha's office staff. Dr. Stavinoha had come very highly recommended, and it is almost impossible to overstate the calibre of medical care and attention I have consistently received. Dr. Stavinoha has not only treated my GI problems, but he has also detected other health issues, for which he made excellent referrals. I have been a patient of Dr. Stavinoha's for twelve years; in 2003 he literally saved my life. In terms of his office staff, I have always treated office workers with respect, and in return I am treated with respect. Dr. Stavinoha's office staff is no exception. The high level of patient service I have received from Dr. Stavinoha's office staff includes prompt scheduling; insurance assistance; and emergency access to Dr. Stavinoha. Dr. Stavinoha and his staff have my highest possible recommendation.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

I have never experienced such unprofessional service from a healthcare professionals office I've ever seen. The doctor himself was decent, however not one time was I ever greeted in a friendly or even civil manner via phone or in person. The staff was scantily clad in very unprofessional clothing during my weekday visit. When I tried to call in to pay my statement balance, Crystal tried taking my CC info without even pulling up my account and verbally attacked me for questioning as to how she was going to apply the payment to my account if she didn't even know what account I was paying!! I will never go back to this doctor based soley on his staff.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

Dr. Stavinoha is an excellent doctor, unfortunately his staff is so horrible that I am leaving this doctor for better service. I wonder if he knows how rude and unhelpful they can be? I have dealt with his rude staff for almost a year now, and after calling for an appointment this last time, I'm done. I wrote it off for several months because of the excellent caliber and care and concern of Dr. Stavinoha, however the staff is unfortunately part of the package and they are hurting his practice. Nobody needs to deal with rude and uncaring staff when they are sick and in need of a doctor.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

I really liked the doctor - but the staff is very rude. Please be sure that you understand how they handle your insurance BEFORE you make the appointment. I was charged FULL office visit amount-they do not take any Health Savings account cards, they file for the full amount,then send you a check back that the insurance company disocunts. I was to schedule an outpatient surgery,but don't want to front the full thousands of dollars until they file insurance.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

I cringed when he gave me a list of foods to omit. didn't mind the chocolate but i didn't think i could go without coffee. I've cut down to one cup a day and its been good for me. I think he is very good in his specialty and communicates well.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Years ago I went to him. I had GI upset. He did what all GI doctors seem to do. He did an upper GI scope and then put me on Prilosec (subscription at that time). I never got better and he never helped me. I finally did get better from my GI upset and acid reflux when I quit eating simple carbs like sugar, bread and alcohol. I had reactions and allergies to the stuff in bread etc.. GI doctors only know one thing when you have acid reflux and stomach upset...nexium or the like. They forget that food allergies are very common and this guy failed to diagnose this simple common problem that caused me years of more suffering.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis 3 years ago and Dr. Stavinoha has been by my side ever since. He is there 24/7. He gets a little upset with me when I have issue's or flare-ups with my Crohns and I don't call him. Now I do. Even on the weekends or when he is on vacation, he calls me back and always takes care of the problem. I will be moving soon to another state and I am terrified of what kind of doctor I will find because Dr. Stavinoha will not only be hard to replace but basically impossible to replace. He is the most caring, kind and compassionate doctor I have ever know and it has been a privilage to be his patient. Who ever I get next will have some awful big shoes to fill. I only wish him the best in the future and well in his life. I have been his patient for 16 years.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

I have been going to him for 17 years. This is a testimonial within its self. He has always been professional and a very good phyisican.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Dr. Michael W. Stavinoha's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1984)