Ratings for Dr. Daryl C. Osbahr

Absolutely disgusting human being. I was referred to him by my regular orthopedist after a traumatic injury to my right knee. Surgery was inevitable and he wanted me to go to him. Going to him was the worst decision of my life. After going to him for the first few appointments, he "informed" me that I had a torn ligament and my frequent dislocations were from a birth defect in my knees. He also stated that the best course of actions was to get a High Tibial Osteonomy. He didn't clearly explain the procedure, tell me of the risks, or tell me that it would take much longer to heal and maybe not heal at all. He never informed me that it wasn't necessary and rushed through his explanations. On top of that, he was at least thirty minutes late to every appointment. The staff at the surgery was completely rude. No one cared that I was terrified of the surgery and I was treated like a piece of meat. I was clearly a product to them. The anesthesiologist capped it off by swearing at me. Absolutely horrible experience. After the surgery, I was informed that the bone hadn't healed. Again, he was unclear why it hadn't healed. My CT scan showed that they hadn't screwed the bone fragment close enough to my femur resulting in it not healing. The doctor took no responsibility for his mistake. Going to Dr. Osbahr was the worst mistake I've ever made. I was taken advantage of by him, I can't return to my athletic lifestyle because of him, I can't work, I can't go to school, and I can't resume certain daily activities. I regret going to him every day if my life.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

My 17 year old son had shoulder surgery with Dr. Osbahr. Surgery went picture perfect!! I love Dr. Osbahr and his staff is the best!! I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I incurred an injury to my right knee which had the potential of eliminating all of the activities that I so much enjoyed. After my first consultation with Dr. Osbahr I was convinced that I could get back to my activities under his care, he was polite, professional, and most importantly sympathetic to my situation/condition. After many consultations, and many weeks of physical therapy, I opted for reconstructive surgery. I am completely satisfied with my results, and most importantly with Dr. Osbahr's professional and personal care.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

Outstanding sports medicine ortho doctor in Ellicott City. As a runner, he helped me to get rid of bad knee pain, which led me to ultimately compete at the Boston Marathon. Awesome doctor and awesome person. Thanks!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

Every time I had to contact the office, the secretary (Barbara) was repeatedly rude and impolite. Needed a 1 page form filled out for work and had to hear her scream at me. She also said she has to bill me if I need her to fill out the 1 page form (WTF?). She knew her behavior is unacceptable, because she called and left a long voice message for me saying over and over again how she was "sorry" for the way she acted on the phone. Last time I called, two days before my surgery, however, she screamed again and then hung up on me. I was shocked. She represents the doctor, and how can someone feel comfortable going under the knife with a doctor whose staff acts like this? Dr. Osbahr himself is inaccessible. He says to contact the secretary if I ever need anything...good idea...so she can be rude and hang up? No thanks. There are plenty other capable surgeons out there who are more accessible to their patients and whose staff know how to treat their patients with care and respect.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013