Ratings for Dr. Rachel L. Whitehouse

Being an RN, when I made the appt, I asked it was feasible to see the her in 1 hr 45 min as I needed to leave at a certain time. I was told it was "likely." Upon arrival, I was told the doctor was "thorough" and it wasn't likely I could get in and out in that time frame, but they would try. The med tech tried to take my pulse too far down on my wrist-on the tendons-had to show her how to slidefingers further up to FEEL my pulse. After 1 1/2 hours, I was told there were still 4 more patients in front of me - I had arrived at 9am when I was told the dr STARTS seeing patients. I was billed my co=pay amount, despite NOT seeing the physician. I also filled out the patient history form, but then was verbally asked the questions (no one looked at my form) "as they have a new computer system" and have to input all data. Asked if they were going to verbally ask questions, why did I need to write it all down. "That's just how we do things here." Still asking for my co-pay to be refunded.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Whitehouse for several years. She is the first doctor I've had who was concerned with finding and treating my problem and not just symptoms. She has shown genuine concern for my health while understanding my own wishes and what I am willing or unwilling to do.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

I had a very bad experience with Dr Whitehouse. She was rude and kept asking me "why I came in". I believed I may have a sinus infection and wanted some antibiotics, also, I wanted to get a pregnancy test since I haven't had my period since having my son 3 months ago. She was very awkward and kept asking me about why I came in to see her, acting very confused. I had to repeat myself several times. She made me feel incompetent and stupid for coming in. After taking the pregnancy test and finding out it was negative, she suggested I have my blood drawn to test my HCG levels and also that I be swabbed for step throat. I did not feel that I had strep at all and did not want to take a blood test. She proceeded to say " Well you don't want to be on TV do you?" I believe she was meant that I could end up on the show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant". Very inappropriate! I felt that she was not understanding; and instead was condescending and rude. I will NOT be going back to see her.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Wait time is far too long and doesn't spend enough time with patients.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

She has been unbelivably helpful to me and my family.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

waiting time is way too long. actual time with doctor is too short. maybe 10 min. She doesn't have time to see you.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Dr. Whitehouse has been my doctor for years and I am extreamly happy with her.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2008

Dr. Rachel L. Whitehouse's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1991)

Oxford